P-Slin timing question

DA6

Awards
I understand that P-Slin is to be taken 15 minutes prior to a high carb preworkout meal, wait an hour or more and hit the gym. The problem I'm having is that I'm forced to lift very early in the morning ( 4:00 am ) I'm up at 3:00 and in the gym an hour later then off to work. If I get all my carbs in @ 3:15 is 45 min enough time for P-Slin to be beneficial to me? Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could try some faster digesting carbs that would allow you to workout sooner. Some have also played around with taking the p-slin cap and opening it and putting it into an intraworkout drink that contains carbs.

DA6

Awards
You could try some faster digesting carbs that would allow you to workout sooner. Some have also played around with taking the p-slin cap and opening it and putting it into an intraworkout drink that contains carbs.
So something like 60-80g Wms + Mono 45 min pre might do the trick then?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea i think that would work. i would try to get some protein in there as well, but with those carbs i think you could hit the weights 45 minutes later. Give it a try man

DA6

Awards
Okay guys, P-Slin + 60-80g Wms + Mono + 20-30g whey= Time to get it on in the gym!

Thanks alot for all the help!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Okay guys, P-Slin + 60-80g Wms + Mono + 20-30g whey= Time to get it on in the gym!

I WO early too - found this works for me:

P-Slin + 3-5g mono
15min later 30g oats blended fine w. 1 banana, 30g simple carbs + 30g WPI (the banana made a world of difference)

1 hr before training - Ive found most supps take a little longer to activiate with me

Cheers :thumbsup:

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Looks good. Let us know how it goes for you.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick word of advice, bring some extra carb drink to the gym with you incase you start getting hypoglycemic.

DA6

Awards
Thanks for all the help and advice, I've tried it this way for my last 2 workouts. So far, I've noticed a nice feeling of sustained energy throughout my routine. No real major strength increases, pumps yet but I'm sure it'll take a few weeks to see the cumulative effects. I've also added in Anabolic pump with my 2 most carb heavy meals of the day. Hopefully I'll see the recomp effect everyone talks about. Feel free to offer any more advice!

actually just to expand on PMillers advice, Mix 60-80grams of WMS or Dextrose with 30grams whey protein. Take a Plsin and just start sipping the mixture on the way the gym and drink it during your workout.

This way you do not have to wake of early..so just wake up pop a Pslin and mix your drink and head to the gym!