Milk thistle and umm, loose stools?

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
This is an embarrasing thing. Has anyone else noticed more umm, mucus in their stool after taking milk thistle? This just recently started happening and I'm trying to figure out what did it. The MT was the only new supp recently.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
This is an embarrasing thing. Has anyone else noticed more umm, mucus in their stool after taking milk thistle? This just recently started happening and I'm trying to figure out what did it. The MT was the only new supp recently.
Its a common side effect with milk thistle, especially if dosing around 1000mg.

TrashCanman14

Awards
The same exact thing is happening to me now...how long off MT until this subsides?

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
It is just cleaning your system out. Common side effect as mentioned above. Not to worry, it should settle down after 5 days or so. I usually take 1000mg/day when preloading for cycle.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I have used it many times and never noticed this issue.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have also experienced this with milk thistle.

TrashCanman14

Awards
I stopped the mt and other support supps for a day and back to normal...

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I have never had this happen lol.I have been on sns liver assist forever now as an everyday health supp. One of the things it has is a heft dose of m thistle,interesting.

TrashCanman14

Awards
I have never had this happen lol.I have been on sns liver assist forever now as an everyday health supp. One of the things it has is a heft dose of m thistle,interesting.
Bud I'm the same way which is why this scared me. I've been taking Milk Thistle nearly daily for years. The difference was I really bumped up the dosage (probably close to the 2000 dosage) lately. The dose makes the poison.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
Bud I'm the same way which is why this scared me. I've been taking Milk Thistle nearly daily for years. The difference was I really bumped up the dosage (probably close to the 2000 dosage) lately. The dose makes the poison.

that makes sense then!

most I have ever taken was around 1500mg with my usually being around 1000mg.