supplement help?

chuck 72

Awards
Im 17, been lifting almost a year and wante dto try out supplements for muscle growth. What would you reccomend? I lift about 4-5 times a week currently. Im 5'8, 135 lbs

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the board. At your age, your most common answers are going to include eating more, sleeping 8 hours, and lifting hard.

One supplement that can help to put some additional size would be a form a creatine, but at your age you've already got everything going for you.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Welcome to the board. At your age, your most common answers are going to include eating more, sleeping 8 hours, and lifting hard.

One supplement that can help to put some additional size would be a form a creatine, but at your age you've already got everything going for you.
agreed. If anything make sure you have a good multi and EFA supplement and then look into Creatine. Otherwise your primed for growth...i know i still am :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What about protein?
yea definitely. Many protein choices come down to personal preference due to taste and type, but my favorite is Ultra Peptide by Xtreme Formulations

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
What about protein?
Sorry about that, didn't understand your initial question. Heck yeah protien. If you're not eating enough whole food protien sources, then by all means supplement some protien in your diet. Same goes for the multi, EFAs, etc.

chuck 72

Awards
What are EFAs? and which creatine would be good? Really new to supplements.. dont know to much. My friend is using anabolic halo with good results..

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
What are EFAs? and which creatine would be good? Really new to supplements.. dont know to much. My friend is using anabolic halo with good results..
EFAs are essential fatty acids such fish oil. They are beneficial for a lot of things including cholesterol management, weight management, joint support, and the list goes on.

Don't waste your money on anabolic halo. A little bit of a lot of products is no where near as effective as ample amounts of a few products.

As creatines go, you could start out with creatine monohydrate. It's the oldest form of creatine and also one of the least expensive. If you don't respond to it, or respond negatively (creatine bloat) there are other options like ethyl ester, kre alkalyn, and about half a dozen other forms.

I'd recommend using the search function on the forum and see which creatines some the folks on here prefer.

MOHAWKA

MOHAWKA

Awards
If you want to save some money check out the 25$ 6lb bags of protein (EAS or Pharmawhey) at sams club or costco. They've got some pretty descent blends