Collagen Hydrolysate

M

MADKing

Banned
Awards
Hi,

I could not find anything about hydrolyzed collagen here, so I start a new thread.
I am 42 years old and have some problems with my joints now after a couple of years training. :clean:

I found a website (Jay Edit: No sourcing of other retail sites) about hydrolyzed collagen on the link page from (Jay Edit: Same)
Does anyone have any experience made with this product?
I ordered it to see how it works. I will keep posted my experience here.

Thank you

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Hey there... I'm not sure about the specifics of different brands of hydrolyzed collagen protein, though I remember that it's been used by medical professionals for a while to aid in wound healing especially for burn victims. Some professionals claim that it can burn fat when ingested... Maybe this will help:

Next to water, collagen is the most important structural substance in our bodies, accounting for 25-30% of its total protein. Your ligaments, tendons, bones and skeletal muscles are all held together by collagen, as well as the smooth muscle tissue like your blood vessels, digestive tract and organs. It is even the main component of your hair, skin, and nails.

Supplementing with collagen protein is believed to provide the body with the amino acids necessary to manufacture and support collagen.

Why Collagen Is Unique

Much different from other protein sources, collagen protein contains a unique combination and ratio of high-nitrogen amino acids (protein), most importantly, glycine, proline, hydroxyproline and arginine. These have been shown to influence: weight loss, bone and connective tissue, improvement of skin appearance, optimal body growth and repair, improved metabolism, elevation of growth hormone secretion (which affects: fat loss, muscle retention, energy levels, softness and elasticity of the skin and improved sleep), and healing, especially for wounds.

Helps Reduce Body Fat

Contrary to what some companies promote, collagen protein itself does not burn fat; however, it places the body's metabolism in an optimal state to do so. When taken at bedtime, it is extremely effective during the first phase of sleep in which the body is in a natural state of repair, building and healing muscle tissue. Collagen's specific amino acids help to preserve and build lean muscle. Since muscle helps to regulate and increase the metabolism, fat can then be burned as energy to help support this bodily repair process.

When used as part of a total weight management program that includes healthy eating and exercise, collagen protein can be a very effective tool in the fat loss and body toning process.

Special Body Shaping Potential ...

As we age, our bodies lose their muscle content and gain fat, so the muscle-to-fat ratio is lower than in youth. Collagen protein's muscle sparing and supporting capacity also make it highly effective in helping the body to regain its shape and tone. Users typically notice a reduction of fat in inches (not muscle or water weight as with other weight loss products) and a firmer, more toned body.

More Energy and Better Sleep?

Unlike many popular weight loss products, collagen protein contains no harmful stimulants. Its natural and unique amino acids create a self-regulating effect to enhance sleep when taken before bedtime and to increase energy levels when taken in the morning or during the day.

Sleep: The abundant amino acid, arginine, found in collagen protein has been shown to affect the secretion of growth hormone, which helps to produce a deeper sleep.

Energy: Many people notice energy when taking collagen protein during the day (with the enzymatically, not acid hydrolyzed type). Enzymatically hydrolyzed collagen protein is absorbed quickly and utilized by the liver like a complex carbohydrate to stabilize blood sugar and energy levels.

Improved Skin, Hair & Joints ...

Originally used by doctors in skin trauma centers and to aid in wound healing, collagen protein also affects the quality and appearance of the skin, hair and nails, and helps support joint function. Both men and women typically notice an improvement in skin softness, hydration, tone and overall appearance, as well as the growth and quality of their hair and nails.

Collagen's rare amino acid hydroxyproline plays a primary role in the structure and maintenance of bone and connective tissue. This is why experts believe collagen protein can help maintain and support healthy joint function.

M

MADKing

Banned
Awards
Great. Thnx.

That is why they recommend it before you go to bed.
I'll try it.

M

MADKing

Banned
Awards
Hydrolyzed Collagen is collagen that has been enzymatically or chemically processed to make it more digestible and more easily absorbed by the human body.
:cheers:

I was reading alot about that in the last few days.
It seem that is true.

M

MADKing

Banned
Awards
So. I received the hydrolyzed collagen today. Looks like good stuff. :donut:

They recommend to use it before bed time but I was trying it afternoon.
It smells like nothing. So I put a tablespoon in to a glass of water. Stir it and it solved in seconds. It looks also clear like a sport water drink i.e. Gatorate.
Smells still like nothing. Tasted just a little bit, but can not descibe how.
Till now I really can recommend it and the price is also pretty good.

Let's see how it works in about 6 weeks but I really in good hope with that.

M

MADKing

Banned
Awards
Update:

Believe it or not! I just use it only for a few days now and I do not have any more pains except after heavy squats and I dont know why but I have always a great pump the whole day.:bb2:

And it seems they having problems with ordering. They already having a waiting time for orders 10-12 days.
Just my 2cents

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
What's that mean?
It means your attempt at promoting Jell-O to smart consumers will not result in any sales. Maybe you could try somewhere where people fall for this stuff.

While it may have minor benefits for joints, it's an incomplete protein source and frowned upon as a protein source to rely on.

Dropping in the site name, the "all day pump", implying that it is selling fast and on backorder, and instant joint relief comments are the easy giveaways.

Better luck next time my friend :thumbsup: or should I say :banned:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You posted on the 4th that you're going to review a product and post on the 5th that you recieved the product. On the 9th you're telling me that you know there is a 12 day waiting period? I know once i log a product I really don't focus on the current shipping delay...

Edit: After searching the site you used as a reference on finding this hydrolyzed collagen website I found this under the same user name with ONE post count...
Hi,

I know this thread is a little old but I did not find any other thread about hydrolyzed collagen.
Does anyone have any experience made with hydrolyzed collagen yet?
I ordered some from .com. I will keep posted my experience here.
You think we're a bunch of idiots???

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
While it may have minor benefits for joints, it's an incomplete protein source and frowned upon as a protein source to rely on.
Actually, none of the scientific research has shown it has any benefit to joints as a dietary supplement. Any quality product always has some whey isolate, or such, to add to its amino acid profile. I use it for Tube Feeding and wound care patients.

Last edited:
Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Actually, none of the scientific research has shown it has any benefit to joints as a dietary supplement. Any quality product always has some whey isolate, or such, to add to its amino acid profile. I use it for Tube Feeding and wound care parients.
I was referencing it's proline and hydroxyproline content- necessary for tissue repair.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It means your attempt at promoting Jell-O to smart consumers will not result in any sales. Maybe you could try somewhere where people fall for this stuff.

Dropping in the site name, the "all day pump", implying that it is selling fast and on backorder, and instant joint relief comments are the easy giveaways.

Better luck next time my friend :thumbsup: or should I say :banned:
darn, and here I was about to order some

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I got a box of Kiwi Strawberry I'll hit you up with, cheap too.

MADKing... paging MADKing. Come make a feeble attempt at self-defense.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Supplements 14
Dustin07 Supplements 43
Dustin07 Supplements 1
FoxHound Supplements 2
Prince IronMag Labs 3