Trying to get ripped, help needed
- 03-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Trying to get ripped, help needed
I'm 5'10" about 190lbs. I'm trying to gain a bit more lean muscle about 15-20lbs. Also, cut out the fat. I'm trying to gat as ripped/cut as possible, that's the goal. I've got my routine and cardio down and have been working out for about 3.5 years. Just needed some suggestions on what best supps to take.
I've heard to take no shotgun, whey protein, sizeon maybe. For the fat burner - leviathan reloaded. Is Hydroxycut a waste?
If anybody has any better ideas on what to take I'd greatly appreciate it. Like a better pre and post workout supp.
Thanks in advance!
- 03-04-2008, 12:10 AM
In my personal opinion, hydroxycut does nothing but give you some energy. It didn't work for me at all as a fat burner. Leviathan Reloaded was very good as was Methyl Ripped by NxLabs.
NoShotgun has had great reviews on success everywhere i've read...the only problem is the horrific taste, haha. If you can handle that, you should be golden.
Are you taking bcaa's? Xtend is a great product.
03-04-2008, 06:52 PM
03-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Its a branched chain amino acid complex. I feel like it gives me more energy and endurance and it helps to save muscle during times of cardio.
03-05-2008, 08:34 AM
What type of diet will you be on and how much fat do you want to loose?
Xtend is a great product for preserving lbm while cutting fat and will also help with endurance. RPM has very good reviews for a stim (as well as Leviathan Reloaded.) Also depending on when you will be starting this, USP Labs is coming out with a new fat loss product called ReCreate that has a lot of buzz around it (theres some logs of it in the supp section if your interested in checking out.)
03-05-2008, 09:26 AM
i can speak for xtend...its one supplement i never let myself run out of. I like RPM but I have a huge tolerance for stims and i take 8 or 9 before a workout. I am going to start a DCP/Leviathan RL cut mid march early april, ive heard great things about those products together.
03-05-2008, 09:42 AM
03-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Replace no shotgun with xlevol,i have seen many bad reviews on no shotgun.I have thrown it up many times and it honestly made it harder to get through wo's.A guy at my gym was recomended it and he took two servings and gave the rest to the guy.Search my try xlevol thread to see how much i like it.To see someone make a thread like that would make me try any supplement.It's fairly new,so don't expect a lot of reviews.......Just try it
03-13-2008, 01:04 AM
are you serious pantera???? no shot gun has pretty much the same **** in it but with bcaa's as well, not to mention redline energy, and pretty much all there stuf is a hci or ethyl ester!!!!
no shotgun is clearly the answer to the N.O. question.
befor i was on noshotgun i enjoyed MHP's Anadrox for cutting while lifting, it gave a good burn and pump all day and night, i thourghly enjoyed that stuff.
03-13-2008, 01:14 AM
03-13-2008, 02:46 AM
RPM + Morning HIIT Cardio
~ Fundamental Guidelines ~
- Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )
- Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr
- Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr
- Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.
- Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.
- Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )
- Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc
~ Exercises ~
- Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.
- Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze
- Leg press
- Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.
- Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.
This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!
Here's some links to get you started:
HIIT High Intensity Interval Cardio Training
Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version
Bodybuilding Nutrition - Sample Bodybuilding Diet
The Training Information Vault (programs, exercises and more) - Bodybuilding.com Forums
Anabolic Diet | Sample Bodybuilders Diet
03-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Damn...that was one hell of an informative post.
03-13-2008, 07:45 PM
03-14-2008, 08:03 AM
I fell for the no xplode hype. I felt very silly for many many months.
03-14-2008, 09:18 AM
03-14-2008, 09:28 AM
03-14-2008, 09:53 AM
It was the first time and then I kind of edit and add stuff bit by bit. I use FASS by pawsoft to make offline FAQs n posts then I use firefox and an extension called clippings to save the posts to for easy reply.
I wish someone would have posted that to me when I first started
03-14-2008, 07:05 PM
haha it still sounds like it was some serious work. Well done.
03-28-2008, 03:44 AM
03-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Didn't you add me to your buddy list?I added you and it never showed,so I took it off.I'll put you back on.
03-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Buddies are for sissies
03-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Nutrition is #1 of course. But, to gain muscle and lose fat, I would suggest USPLabs Anabolic Pump as it will direct carbohydrates to muscle cells and away from fat cells.
03-28-2008, 09:31 AM
03-28-2008, 09:33 AM
If I wanted to be your buddy i'd request and then you'd say yes and then we'd both be wondering what the point of this buddy system is
Im just kidding ya...buddies are good for lifting partners, haha
Similar Forum Threads
- By LIPM in forum AnabolicsReplies: 8Last Post: 02-28-2015, 08:49 AM
- By Bazzamona in forum Weight LossReplies: 26Last Post: 09-29-2012, 08:58 AM
- By packers6211 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 12-24-2010, 07:00 AM
- By effinnewguy in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 07-05-2008, 09:01 AM
- By Manofclay in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 04-04-2007, 10:01 AM