Trying to get ripped, help needed

steelerkid

Awards
Hello all,
I'm 5'10" about 190lbs. I'm trying to gain a bit more lean muscle about 15-20lbs. Also, cut out the fat. I'm trying to gat as ripped/cut as possible, that's the goal. I've got my routine and cardio down and have been working out for about 3.5 years. Just needed some suggestions on what best supps to take.
I've heard to take no shotgun, whey protein, sizeon maybe. For the fat burner - leviathan reloaded. Is Hydroxycut a waste?
If anybody has any better ideas on what to take I'd greatly appreciate it. Like a better pre and post workout supp.
Thanks in advance!
:confused:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
In my personal opinion, hydroxycut does nothing but give you some energy. It didn't work for me at all as a fat burner. Leviathan Reloaded was very good as was Methyl Ripped by NxLabs.

NoShotgun has had great reviews on success everywhere i've read...the only problem is the horrific taste, haha. If you can handle that, you should be golden.

Are you taking bcaa's? Xtend is a great product.

steelerkid

Awards
I havn't tried xtend. Is that good? What does that do for you? Is it like a protein?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Its a branched chain amino acid complex. I feel like it gives me more energy and endurance and it helps to save muscle during times of cardio.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
What type of diet will you be on and how much fat do you want to loose?

Xtend is a great product for preserving lbm while cutting fat and will also help with endurance. RPM has very good reviews for a stim (as well as Leviathan Reloaded.) Also depending on when you will be starting this, USP Labs is coming out with a new fat loss product called ReCreate that has a lot of buzz around it (theres some logs of it in the supp section if your interested in checking out.)

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
i can speak for xtend...its one supplement i never let myself run out of. I like RPM but I have a huge tolerance for stims and i take 8 or 9 before a workout. I am going to start a DCP/Leviathan RL cut mid march early april, ive heard great things about those products together.

dan

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Steelerkid,
Replace no shotgun with xlevol,i have seen many bad reviews on no shotgun.I have thrown it up many times and it honestly made it harder to get through wo's.A guy at my gym was recomended it and he took two servings and gave the rest to the guy.Search my try xlevol thread to see how much i like it.To see someone make a thread like that would make me try any supplement.It's fairly new,so don't expect a lot of reviews.......Just try it

themasterxis

Awards
Steelerkid,
Replace no shotgun with xlevol,i have seen many bad reviews on no shotgun.I have thrown it up many times and it honestly made it harder to get through wo's.A guy at my gym was recomended it and he took two servings and gave the rest to the guy.Search my try xlevol thread to see how much i like it.To see someone make a thread like that would make me try any supplement.It's fairly new,so don't expect a lot of reviews.......Just try it

are you serious pantera???? no shot gun has pretty much the same **** in it but with bcaa's as well, not to mention redline energy, and pretty much all there stuf is a hci or ethyl ester!!!!

no shotgun is clearly the answer to the N.O. question.

befor i was on noshotgun i enjoyed MHP's Anadrox for cutting while lifting, it gave a good burn and pump all day and night, i thourghly enjoyed that stuff.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
before, i answer your question.... whats your diet look like?

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
RPM + Morning HIIT Cardio

Plus

~ Fundamental Guidelines ~
  • Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

• Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

• Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

• Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

• Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

• Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

• Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc
~ Exercises ~
  • Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

• Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

• Leg press

• Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

• Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.
This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!

Here's some links to get you started:

Training Primer

HIIT High Intensity Interval Cardio Training

Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version

Bodybuilding Nutrition - Sample Bodybuilding Diet

The Training Information Vault (programs, exercises and more) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Anabolic Diet | Sample Bodybuilders Diet

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Damn...that was one hell of an informative post.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
are you serious pantera???? no shot gun has pretty much the same **** in it but with bcaa's as well, not to mention redline energy, and pretty much all there stuf is a hci or ethyl ester!!!!

no shotgun is clearly the answer to the N.O. question.

befor i was on noshotgun i enjoyed MHP's Anadrox for cutting while lifting, it gave a good burn and pump all day and night, i thourghly enjoyed that stuff.
Yes i'm serious.That stuff is nasty,and made me feel worn out before the wo was done.I too fell for the hype,and bought two tubs,i ended up only taking it every now and then,half way through the last tub,and eventually threw it away.Funny ironic thing is the guy i was talking about,told me he felt tired during wo's.I didn't tell him i did,he just said it.He gave it to the guy who reccomended it to him.If the results were worth it for me,i would of put up with the taste.But it's suppose to make wo's eaier,not harder.Never noticed any pumps either.I liked the energy the first couple times,but it may of been in my head due to the hype.Xlevol is the sh!t,and no shotgun sucks.Taste wise,and performance wise.This is my opinion though,and opinions vary.So yes,i'm serious.I wouldn't use it if for some reason they paid me to.Also protien is the most complete and abundant form of amino acids.So eat like your suppose to,and you don't have to worry about supplementing with select amino acids.What a joke.Thats what protien powder is for.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I fell for the no xplode hype. I felt very silly for many many months.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Sarcasm? I ask because some 'amazingly experienced people' around here do not appreciate it :D
Oh no, no sarcasm at all. That must have taken you quite the effort to type out. Kudos!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
It was the first time ;) and then I kind of edit and add stuff bit by bit. I use FASS by pawsoft to make offline FAQs n posts then I use firefox and an extension called clippings to save the posts to for easy reply.

:thumbsup:

I wish someone would have posted that to me when I first started :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
haha it still sounds like it was some serious work. Well done.

offr85

Awards
Steelerkid,

hey started with that xlevol.. awsome stuff, got rid of my crash in the weightroom without making me feel like i chugged 12 oz of sugar.. it was kinda wierd. i wasent all hyped up but i definatly felt the charge when i need it. good advice yo

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey started with that xlevol.. awsome stuff, got rid of my crash in the weightroom without making me feel like i chugged 12 oz of sugar.. it was kinda wierd. i wasent all hyped up but i definatly felt the charge when i need it. good advice yo
Thats axactly how it is with me!It is weird.I know it's not in my head cause it pulls through time and time again.I have only had a couple bad days with it,but I was tired as hell in the morning and then dragging my feet the rest of the day.You can't expect miracles.
Didn't you add me to your buddy list?I added you and it never showed,so I took it off.I'll put you back on.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nutrition is #1 of course. But, to gain muscle and lose fat, I would suggest USPLabs Anabolic Pump as it will direct carbohydrates to muscle cells and away from fat cells.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Buddies are for sissies :)
Is this your way of trying to be my buddy?:lol:It realy is pointless,but if someone adds me,I add them.Or if I have been jocking and getting lots of good advice from someone,I add them.But it is completely pointless.The first time someone added me,I thought what happens now cause of this.I learned absolutely nothing happens!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
If I wanted to be your buddy i'd request and then you'd say yes and then we'd both be wondering what the point of this buddy system is :rofl:

Im just kidding ya...buddies are good for lifting partners, haha