Casein/Aminos

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.55%

Casein/Aminos

I've read a good amount about casein and its anti-catabolic effects, and decided I'd probably give it a try. Does anyone have a preference as to which one to buy (hopefully from NP)? I was thinking about snagging some generic 100% casein, but I figured I'd appeal to the anabolic minds.

Secondly, it looks to me like Leucine is the most important amino acid in protein production. Among the list of proteinogenic amino acids, there is L-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Cysteine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine, and L-Valine. Could anyone assert any specific amino acid preeminence/advise which BCAA formula on Nutraplanet works well? I was originally trying to put together the most important BCAAs by buying bulk in each of them, but that might be inefficient fund-wise. Any help would be awesome =]

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

for casein protein look into Xtreme Fomulations Ultra Peptide 1.0...its a blend but majority is casein and it has great taste..my protein of choice

for the Amino acids the BCAA product i used was Xtend, but Core ABC and XF Ice are two other solid options. If you are looking for an EAA product i liked Purple Wraath. Currently i am using Intrabolic(EAA's, BA, Whey Hydro, etc) and am loving it so far. Also note most Bulk BCAA products are not flavored and have a pretty bad taste
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.55%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    for the Amino acids the BCAA product i used was Xtend, but Core ABC and XF Ice are two other solid options. If you are looking for an EAA product i liked Purple Wraath. Currently i am using Intrabolic(EAA's, BA, Whey Hydro, etc) and am loving it so far. Also note most Bulk BCAA products are not flavored and have a pretty bad taste
    Had it not been for the whopping 2.7g of Glutamine in XF Ice, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat. I'll probably wind up ordering Xtend, which I'll have to inform my parents will not have anything to do with my trousersnake.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.55%

*bump*

Anyone else have information/a good suggestion to provide?
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.18%

Optimum Nutrition Casein is what I use. Tastes good but a little clumpy when mixed with milk. But all caseins are clumpy so i can't really complain
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.7%

Mr. Brightside, I actually just ordered some ultra peptide and x-tend. I'll keep you up to date on how they're working out for me once they get here.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56%

I like probolic Sr. casein protein. i'd mix a scoop in with my postworkout shake and id have it before bed. the amino acid profile is amazing. the taste of it isnt the greatest and its around $40 for 30 scoops.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.47%

Ultra Peptide 1.0 or 2.0, can't go wrong. Ultra Peptide has the best taste and really good mixability, even for a casein based protein powder. Ultra Peptide 1.0 seems to mix a bit better than 2.0. I personally use 2.0 and my girlfriend uses 1.0. I use 20 oz of milk and a scoop of UP 2.0 and a regular shaker. I just shake it and the mixture looks kinda bubbly, then I let it settle for about 30 secs and shake it 1-2 more times and it is super smooth. Do not expect it to instantly mix like a cheap whey concentrate. But I am about to buy a case of UP 2.0.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.55%

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateMuscle View Post
    Mr. Brightside, I actually just ordered some ultra peptide and x-tend. I'll keep you up to date on how they're working out for me once they get here.
    That sounds great, I'd appreciate it.

And in regards to the UP, isn't the protein content a little low for the $$? I don't know, I'm new to this casein thing, so I'm just spitballing.

In addition, Proteinfactory carries an ingredient called "Aussie Caseinate" which is evidently a high-quality high-protein casein powder that you can throw in with your customized product (whether it be protein, creatine, etc.). Can anyone vouch for this product?
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.19%

not tryin to thread jack...but does casein and aminos do for you?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pill Aminos
    By votum in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 02:13 PM
  2. stocking up on aminos, need help!
    By pinchharmonic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 05:14 PM
  3. aminos
    By quitman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0