Fish Oil and Multi - seeking advice!

epixep

epixep

Awards
Hey guys, looking for opinions on some supps.

I'm looking to start taking a ton of fish oil soon (20-30g), and hear that liquid form is easier and better. What is a good brand that isn't too expensive?

Also, what multi-v is known as "the best", price isn't as important for this.

Thanks!

P.S. Anyone currently on Poseidon? I love hydration in general and the product interests me... but all the reviews have been either "no way, horrible product" or "best product available"... I don't feel comfortable buying $50 to test something...

Does nimbus do samples?

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established

I'm looking to start taking a ton of fish oil soon (20-30g), and hear that liquid form is easier and better. What is a good brand that isn't too expensive?

Thanks!

P.S. Anyone currently on Poseidon? I love hydration in general and the product interests me... but all the reviews have been either "no way, horrible product" or "best product available"... I don't feel comfortable buying $50 to test something...

Does nimbus do samples?
I started Mega-dosing Mega 3's last month & LOVE it! It improved my mood, joints, everything, it's awesome. I got Barleans Cod Liver Oil as it's really high in EPA/DHA and it tastes great. I take 3tsp a day which is roughly 15 grams a day. As for multi vitamins I use one a day mens sport but mostly any good brand will be fine just stay away from ones with high amounts of iron in them. I always take a multi with no iron. Males typically don't need supplementation with iron like women since men don't lose blood once a month. And too much iron can be really bad for the heart as well. Poseidon is a great product as well - it just makes you feel 'better'. I got a big tub last month and take 3 scoops/day sometimes 6 on training days.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I'm not too knowledgeable in regards to fish oils, but ADAM by NOW Foods is a solid multi.

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards

Thanks!

Does nimbus do samples?
We don't have any samples right now, sorry.

Most of the bad reviews have to do with the stomach issues. Some individuals are very sensitive to magnesium. There are two reasons, either they have a surplus of magnesium in their body (not usually the issue) and the body flushes it out... or secondly they are sensitive due to the lack of magnesium and their body is not used to it so it reacts poorly at first.

If it is the second, most people can start off with smaller doses until they get used to it and then move up. I tell most people that have trouble to cut down to 1 scoop per day for 2 days, then increase to 2 for two day and then go to 3. That works for most people who are sensitive. Most of the time the benefits outweight the initial issues.

If you decide to try it and you experience issues, let me know and I will help you work through it, but most don't have issues.

By the way, I personally take about 6 - 12 scoops per day depending on how much I work out. But the days I take 12 I kinda do a lot... I lift for 2-3 hours in the morning, I work all day, I train at a boxing gym for 2 hours in the evening and then I go back to the gym for about 2 hours to do misc exercises. I don't eat very well unless you consider 6 eggs and 6 protein shakes a day?!?!? Needless to say, I need as much hydration and energy as I can get....