Creatine powder vs tablets

R

Rich08

Awards
How much better is the creatine powder than the tablets? And any suggestion on which tablets are the most effective? As I posted in my last question I am constantly traveling. If the tablets are even half as effective as the powder it would be worth it to me just for the convenience. Any suggestions on if the tablets work and which kind to use?

Thanks!

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Tablets are just so much less cost effective. I don't imagine it would take you stomach to long to break them down, so I don't think they would be significantly less effective.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about NeoVar.Alot of people have had great results with it here.It's 29.99 at NutraPlanet.If you take 4 capsules/2xday
it will last 30 days.

T

Tiny Man

Awards
How much better is the creatine powder than the tablets? And any suggestion on which tablets are the most effective? As I posted in my last question I am constantly traveling. If the tablets are even half as effective as the powder it would be worth it to me just for the convenience. Any suggestions on if the tablets work and which kind to use?

Thanks!
Tablets do work - and if you take the same amount in tablets, you can assume that you're getting an equivalent dose of what you would have from a powder. If you're traveling extensively then yes - tablets may be up your alley. First choose which type of creatine you want. The three major ones that are available in caps are monohydrate, CEE, and kre-alkalyn. Then just pick a reputable supplier (NOW, Prolab, Dymatize, Millenium has CEE & kre-alk), and get the form in capsules. CEE and monohydrate caps are probably the easiest ones out there to find (more companies making caps of them I believe) - but there are also a few kre-alk suppliers.

EDIT:

Here's a few:

SNS CEE
NP CEE Caps (best price)
Cre-ethyl Thunder (CEE & more)
MST CEE

MST Kreaceps (kre-alkalyn)

Those are just a few of the options out there. Not all of them are pure creatine products mind you, I just skimmed through Nutraplanet and picked out a few. Didn't see any creatine monohydrate caps, but they are readily available from Prolab and NOW I believe.

R

Rich08

Awards
Thanks for all the info. That is a big help. I am leaning towards the monohydrate tablets. This is because I tried the CE2 from GNC a while back and saw minimal benefits. Thought maybe the monohydrate might work better for me. Or maybe it is just the GNC stuff that is just not all that good.

T

Tiny Man

Awards
Thanks for all the info. That is a big help. I am leaning towards the monohydrate tablets. This is because I tried the CE2 from GNC a while back and saw minimal benefits. Thought maybe the monohydrate might work better for me. Or maybe it is just the GNC stuff that is just not all that good.
Monohydrate tabs are kind of expensive considering that it is well... monohydrate (1000g is about $20 in powder). Here are some brands that I just found off another website.

Dymatize: 75g for $9
NOW: 90g for $7.50
Ultimate Nutrition (CreaPure): 180g for $12.80

You get the idea. Obviously, you are going to be paying more per gram - but you already knew that! To see what is going to be the cheapest per gram, simply divide the cost by the number of grams. I don't know if you do it this way already, but a lot of people actually get confused by it, so here's how it works (ignore this if you already know...):

Cost per gram = $$$ per bottle / total grams per bottle

= $$$ per bottle / [grams per serving * number of servings]

Find a reasonable price per gram, go with a supplier that you trust (I don't suggest the white van across the street), and you'll be set. You can take the caps according to how many grams of creatine you want per serving, so don't go by their amount per serving, which can be misleading.