Best supplements when travelling

Rich08

Awards
I am gone at least half the month. I spend tons of time on airplanes and in hotels. Therefore, it is pretty much impossible for me to take a creatine monohydrate powder or whey protein powder with me. I plan to buy whey protein to drink as a shake after working out at home. My feeling from all the research I have done is that I would like to increase the protein intake and also take creatine. Are any of the creatine tablets or capsules effective? Any suggestions for a person that is gone all the time?

Thanks.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I am gone at least half the month. I spend tons of time on airplanes and in hotels. Therefore, it is pretty much impossible for me to take a creatine monohydrate powder or whey protein powder with me. I plan to buy whey protein to drink as a shake after working out at home. My feeling from all the research I have done is that I would like to increase the protein intake and also take creatine. Are any of the creatine tablets or capsules effective? Any suggestions for a person that is gone all the time?

Thanks.
Look into NeoVar. Good creatine, from what I read.

Saurabh

Awards
Good subject. I would be following it as well.

Typically what I carry with me are:
a) RTD shakes.
b) Box of Xtend to get me BCAA's(just shake it and leave it for a while)
c) FIsh oil.
d) Lever tablets

I personally recommend Xtend since I have seen me hold on to muscles even when I am not working out or having the best diets.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established

Thanks.
dont mean to sound like a jerk but last time i checked you could take protein and creatine on a plane. When i fly i stick the two pound jugs of protein in my carry-on. You may look like a lunatic too the security guys but when you have washboard abs and 18 inch arms theyll understand. If you reall are serious about this you can make it happen.

PennStateMuscle

PennStateMuscle

Awards
I've been thinking about this myself, glad someone decided to create a thread on it. I'll be heading up to Alaska for two weeks in June/July and was wondering the same thing.

Saurabh

Awards
dont mean to sound like a jerk but last time i checked you could take protein and creatine on a plane. When i fly i stick the two pound jugs of protein in my carry-on. You may look like a lunatic too the security guys but when you have washboard abs and 18 inch arms theyll understand. If you reall are serious about this you can make it happen.
Been there, done that. Too much hassle.

A lot of time I will have a few bottle of some supplement tablets(X Factor, Multivitamins, Fish oil) and other boxes with powders(Protein, BCAA etc). Atleast 5 times out of 10 I have gotten stopped and wasted about an hour or so. And of course anyone who has ever walked onto a plane these days knows the ego trip the ****** security guards have.

Not recommended. Check the stuff in. Better still get down at your destination and buy what you want/like.

Then again maybe Mooch is really dedicated(I appreciate that), not that I am not but hey my guns are still not past 17 and he is 18 already.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
How about something like Ultra Peptide 2.0? Its a nice low carb MRP, quality protein, and about 1g of creatine per serving?

While traveling it can serve as breakfast / PostWO and as a creatine source.

Rich08

Awards
Buy your creatine in capsule form.

That is what I decided to do. I bought creatine monohydrate capsules. They have 1200 mg in each one. I can put around 40 of them in an aspirin bottle and put them in my bag. I am gone nearly half the month but typically 2 - 4 days at a time. That gives me plenty for any trip since I only take 3 or 4 of the 1200mg capsule per day.

Since I work out mostly at home I plan to just keep taking whey after working out at home. When I am gone I will just try to get enough protein and supplement with protein bars if I need to. Maybe not the perfect plan, but relatively convenient though.

JoeYoung

JoeYoung

Awards
I actually just brought both protein and bulk bcaa's onto a plane, as long as its powder and not liquids or gels they don't have a problem