What is a good weight gainer

daz1989

Awards
I dont want to take it religously just a scoop here and there for extra calories. I can't choke down a gallon of that crap lol. It is just hard for me to eat enough at this point to get all the calories I need and I just need to know a good gainer with the most calories and protien in it for the best price. Also is this a good idea for extra cals?

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
good ideas for extra cals = mayo, milk, salad dressings, and meal replacement shakes..

i like Cytogainer and i like muscle juice. they both are respectivley priced and taste good. chocolate for the muslce juice and vanila for the cytogainer..

2 scoops of the MJ will equal about 600 calories..
4 of the MJ is almost 1300... great for those extremely hard gaining types

3-4 scoops ( i dont remember :p ) of the cyto are about 600 calories, but much cleaner calories.. as in less carbs less fat.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ground oats and a Whey/Casein blend with a spoon or two of Natty Peanut Butter.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I second this...i do not recommend many weight gainers, as i do not like most of their ingredients and nutrient breakdown. Adding PB and oats(blended) to a shake is an easy way to get healthy cals in.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Second Dsade on making your own and using those ingredients. Not only will it taste amazing but its more cost efficient as well as healthier. Skim Milk + Oats + Whey + Peanut Butter + Cottage Cheese + Yogurt or anything else you like / blender = money

edit *beat me to it Bolt

daz1989

Awards
sweet thanks yall because I am an extremely hard gainer I can eat and eat without gaining a pound I am currently at 150 with a goal of at least 170 with no time limit just a quick as I can

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sweet thanks yall because I am an extremely hard gainer I can eat and eat without gaining a pound I am currently at 150 with a goal of at least 170 with no time limit just a quick as I can
High-quality calories>>>cheap, maltodextrin/sugar weight gainers

tattoopierced1

If you are looking for something pre packaged, Core's MRP is decent. NP carries it.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
Yeap make your own just chuck a load of stuff in the blender, peanut butter, oats banannas, oilve oil protein powder, anything.

If not ive had a look at a few weight gainers and cytogainer, MHP up your mass and lebrada lean body mass looks the best to me.

:cheers:

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
MHP's Up Your Mass is a pretty clean oat based gainer, but pricey.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the milk +powder+PB+oats or whatever shakes. I personally went from 140 to about 170 on those things.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the milk +powder+PB+oats or whatever shakes. I personally went from 140 to about 170 on those things.
I use this every time I am on a bulk. Cheaper than mixes and it's not like having to drink paste or a gallon of shake.

Mattcc22

Mattcc22

Awards
I make my own weightgainer now, as others have mentioned, but back when my diet wasn't as good as it is now, and I had to get more calories in, I used BSN's True-Mass. The chocolate was actually pretty good and I think they have a cookies & cream flavor now.

biggs14

Awards
i dont use it now but the true mass is pretty good tastes better then most

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I like to use Olive Oil too. like 120 calories for 1 tablespoon. makes my skin and hair nice too.. ;)