If I was Your Canvas for 12 weeks...

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
6'0"

Nice amount of bodyfat.

Vacation in 12 weeks from Monday (the 3rd)

Basically just want to look respectable at the lake, or the pool, or the waterpark.

What would you do?

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
3 things..

Diet changes- lower carbs and increase protein

workout changes - higher rep range/ less time in between sets and cardio atleast 3 times a week ( swimming is wonderful and frequently overlooked as cardio )

supps. some weightloss supps that have worked. i am not good with these types of supps but RPM/ Drive did a nice job of helping me drop a few %.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
ur 18

eat and increase cardio

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, what he said!

Really i can't add much more to that, those are more or less the best overall suggestions. Using a pre-made workout routine instead of trying to cobble together your own is a good idea until you have a bunch of experience.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I would just focus on these 3 things.

1) A basic weight training program that you can follow

2) eat healthy and watch the carb intake

3) empty stomach cardio for 45 minutes twice (not all out just 60%) a week and cardio after lifting for 30 minutes 2 other days.

It wont be that hard to drop a decent amount of weight in that time. Just be sure NOT TO STARVE YOURSELF, just eat healthily. Also the above is just a suggestion and can be arranged easily to fit your schedule (Im assuming you have school daily?)

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
This is what I thought.

I'm already doing a high-volume weight routine and fasted HIIT with a Keto Diet

Guess I'll stick with it.

Thanks, all.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
When your running on the treadmill, just envision toned, hot, bikini clad girls laughing at you and calling you lard ass and fat ****. That should keep you motivated.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
This is what I thought.

I'm already doing a high-volume weight routine and fasted HIIT with a Keto Diet

Guess I'll stick with it.

Thanks, all.
I would say stop doing HIIT on an empty stomach as it will be very easy to slip into a catabolic state with such high intensity. Try doing HIIT after you lift and if you are going to do empty stomach keep it at a reasonable pace to keep your heart rate around 60-70% max.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Atomic meltdown from RPN. Its a tanning thing with a fat burner in it. Get tanned and shredded at the same time.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would first start to spread salsa all over your body, to provide my base colour. I would then take out my honey mustard......oh ****....wait....this isn't what you meant? Oh wow.....this is awkward.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
make sure that the food you eat is clean. I would eat alot of turkey, tuna, chicken, veggies, stuff like that. If your goign to eat carbs then oatmeal, yams, brown rice. Fats should come from things like oliveoil, peanuts, sunflower seeds. log what you eat on fitday this will really help you. If your truly serious about losing weight and looking better 3 months is enough time to drop some serious body fat. If your doing cardio in the am i would have a protein shake right before you run along with some bcaa's to keep your muscle.

UofIlifting11

Awards
this may be kind of extreme but judging from your pic, you are carrying a decent amount of bodyfat. i would try the velocity diet for 4 weeks to kick start weight loss. after that, i would go with a carb-cycling approach for the last two months. if you still wanted to drop a few more pounds, you could do the velocity diet for a couple more weeks

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Try that diet from the reality show Survivor ! that'll lean you up in no time.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
This is a great topic I think. I'm in the same predicament kind of, but I wont be going to the beach until July sometime I think.
I'm 6'4", weigh 215, go to the gym 4 times a week (back and bi's, one day, legs and shoulders the next, chest and tri's, then I work whatever I feel I didn't get a great workout on again the last day) Interval cardio on the eliptical for 15 min, then 5 min on the stair stepper. I'm taking in a good amount of protein (Myoplex after my workout, Syntha-6 with a scoop if A-AKG at night as my 6th meal a couple of hours before bed), I'm eating right everyday (occasionally having a couple slices of pizza every once in a while as a cheat meal) A gallon of water a day. NO fast food, and NO soda, and I take Cold Fusion EX 30 min before I lift to help with workouts. December 8, 2007 I weighed 236, and now I'm at 215, so I really think changing your diet and having a solid, consistant workout schedule is the best thing you can do to get you into shape the fastest, I know it has def. worked for me !

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I would first start to spread salsa all over your body, to provide my base colour. I would then take out my honey mustard......oh ****....wait....this isn't what you meant? Oh wow.....this is awkward.
LMFAO...i am at worked and really started to laugh out loud, people were looking at me funny :rofl: