best way to boost natural testosterone

ROSSELL_34

Awards
I am 23 and feel my testosterone levels aren't what they used to be mostly because of a decrease in energy and sex drive. would I be better off taking something like 6-oxo or a test booster like diesel test hardcore or something comparable?

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
6-oxo. simple, proven, works. it will give you that little boost in libido and whatnot. any of the test boosters will do just about that just make sure ur getting one that people have used time and time again with proven results. also honestly bro next time ur at ur doctors get blood tests done and ask for a full hormone pannel, it will give u an idea of where your hormone levels are in relation to normal levels.

ntrlmuscle

ntrlmuscle

Awards
might not be the answer anyhow....for someone your age, its most likely stress,depression or overtraining

ROSSELL_34

Awards
Thanks for the info. I really hope its just stress, overtraining, or lack of sleep. Or a combination of all of the above. I don't have the increase in bodyfat or loss of muscle mass commonly associate with low testosterone. I've actually been increasing strength and stay pretty lean no matter what. its tough to accept the fact i may have a hormonal defficiency and hopefully its nothing permanent. i guess i'm just looking for something to give me that little bit of help and get me going again.

GBoGH

Awards
get it checked by a doc before you start supplementing with OTC and self diagnosing...better to know what your dealing with, if anything at all.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would suggest an increase in Omega 3 fatty acids before anything.

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
you could also start taking ZMA right before you sleep.. because the Zinc and Mag helps to boost your natural test. and gh during your sleep.... cause at your young age you should still have high levels of test...

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
Take a look at your lifestyle diet and stress levels, I suggest a multi
mineral/vitamin.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
might not be the answer anyhow....for someone your age, its most likely stress,depression or overtraining
agreed.

your test levels are not dropping to the point where you can feel it at 23.

go to the doctor, get some blood work done and see what your baselines are.

take a look at your sleep & training schedule... take a look at your diet... take a look at your stress levels.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Bloodwork would be the best place to start, atleast then you have a starting point.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
At what EFA dosage do you believe there would be a positive impact on test production? Are there any general rules of thumb?

Saurabh

Awards
Try this natural diet for a month. Dont start expecting result in first couple of weeks however.

6 whole Omega-3-6 eggs.(Not regular egg but Omega 6)
2-3 cup of Broccoli.

Eggs will boost your cholestrol level, omega3-6 rich eggs will ensure only the good cholestrol is upped. CHolestrol is vital in production of testosterone.

Try this before you go the supplement route.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At what EFA dosage do you believe there would be a positive impact on test production? Are there any general rules of thumb?
I would go for 10g of fish oil in addition to higher intake of whole eggs, fatty fish, and leaner cuts of beef. These are not only high in fats, cholesterol, and protein, but they are also great sources of zinc, iron, magensium, etc.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would go for 10g of fish oil in addition to higher intake of whole eggs, fatty fish, and leaner cuts of beef. These are not only high in fats, cholesterol, and protein, but they are also great sources of zinc, iron, magensium, etc.
Thanks - that is easy enough to do.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm seriously starting to believe that 3tbsp of coconut oil 2-3 hours prebed gives a decent testosterone boost.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh I know its the whole saturated fat to cholesterol to pregnenelone to dhea etc chain, I just wouldn't think something so simple would provide a noticeable boost. And that the timing seems to make a difference as well, getting in so its loose in bloodstream for that REM cycle is better than getting it in earlier in the day.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm seriously starting to believe that 3tbsp of coconut oil 2-3 hours prebed gives a decent testosterone boost.
funny you should say that. house of muscle keeps sending me e-mails, i have to admit the meal packets with coconut milk look interesting.

Oh I know its the whole saturated fat to cholesterol to pregnenelone to dhea etc chain, I just wouldn't think something so simple would provide a noticeable boost. And that the timing seems to make a difference as well, getting in so its loose in bloodstream for that REM cycle is better than getting it in earlier in the day.
I been using Protein/fat(eggs/cocunut/olive oil) as a pre workout meal 1 hour before and my energy-intensity-controlled aggression could not better.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally notice a big difference when I take a 2 tbsp fish oil pre bed vs. without. I notice a difference in the morning wood. I might experiment with that coconut oil a bit since I just bought a bottle.

rcarracedo

Awards
I am 23 and feel my testosterone levels aren't what they used to be mostly because of a decrease in energy and sex drive. would I be better off taking something like 6-oxo or a test booster like diesel test hardcore or something comparable?
I can't understand being 23 and not having a sex drive. I am 39 and just recently, the last year or so; I lose it for a couple of days or so every once in awhile. At 23 I do not think you need anything but food, rest and excercise.

bj22

Awards
Do you take the coconut oil with your last meal of the night? For some reason I always thought consuming lots of fats at bedtime is detrimental. 3 tbsp seems like a lot.

Do you take the coconut oil with your last meal of the night? For some reason I always thought consuming lots of fats at bedtime is detrimental. 3 tbsp seems like a lot.
Detrimental is a harsh word.

Good fats and protein before bed can do wonders for recovery just as long as you plan caloric intake properly fat gain is not a problem.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
definitely. plus I believe the fats cause a little extra either dopamine or serotonin release too as part of the satisfaction mechanisms, so make it easier to go to sleep

Saurabh

Awards
Question - Do you guys take Coconut Oil or Coconut Milk? And where do you get it?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Question - Do you guys take Coconut Oil or Coconut Milk? And where do you get it?
I utilize coconut oil, you should be able to find it pretty much and grocery store. I have never had a problem finding it at least.

Adams

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, if you have a hard time finding it in your regular grocery store, most organic/hippie stores have it

GBoGH

Awards

Consume 30g casein protein, like cottage cheese along with
10g of quick acting proteins, ounce of almonds with your coconut oil (not sure of the fat content per tbsp)...the fat will slow the digestion of your proteins feeding the beast all night...

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
Try taking sustain alpha, it has health benefits as well.

bj22

Awards
I have to give credit where credit is due. I changed my nighttime snack routine this past week and I noticed an immediate difference. I have been eating 3 eggs, a big tbsp of coconut oil, a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese and a random veggie(green beans usually) about 2 hours before bed. Right before bed I take ZMA, a gut health and an ER Niacin. I haven't had morning wood like this since before a ****ty PH cycle last summer. It has really changed my world. Thanks a ton for the heads up. I suggest others try a similar protocol.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
OK - here goes. I am 48 years old. As a result of this thread I started taking 8 to 10 grams fish oil per day, and taking 3 tbs olive oil with my amino acids and the AM, and another 3 tbs olive olive oil at bedtime.

Oh my gosh.

I must not have been getting enough good fat in my diet and have probably been too concerned about minimizing calories to maintain my new - lower - weight (I lost 32 lbs rapidly when I found out that my serial adulteress ex-wife was having another affair).

I will be making my own Udo's Blend, and buying Coconut Oil tonight.

Jim and the twins feels as if they have been woken up from a coma. Now that I am dating, that is a really good thing.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
amazing. I'm going to start selling my own brand of coconut oil "Raises testosterone more than tribulus"

washingtonirvin

Awards
Hey,

It never gets much play on this board, but there is a supplement called BetterMAN that does excellent things for libido. Combine that with some miura puama and catuaba, and you have a pretty incredible herbal libido regimen. I like to take 2 or 3 of the BetterMAN caps per day, and I take the miura puama and catuaba as herbal tinctures on "special occasions".

I could quote my girlfriends' reactions, but that is just bragging. Suffice it to say that the stuff works. You'll have to buy this stuff online, and you will need at least two bottles of the BetterMAN to run a decent trial.

Speaking of, I have been off of all this for a while. Hmmm

Washingtonirvin

washingtonirvin

Awards
p.s.

Potential causes of your decreased sex drive:

1. Overtraining! This is a major source of stress, and the body is trying to repair itself in response to it. The last thing it is concerned with is getting you laid when it is in such distress.

2. Other stressors. These could be dietary, emotional, sleep-related ... anything that distracts or overburdens you.

3. Winter weather. Animals tend to mate in spring. We are animals. If you notice a decrease in libido when it's cold out (as it still is here in NYC), it may indicate awareness of your body as opposed to "something wrong".

4. Side effects of other supplements. Some of them can get in your game.

23, huh? I had a period right after I graduated from college that was something of an identity crisis. I no longer had the type of living situation and circle of friends to which I had become accustomed.

If that's what's up, I think it is counterproductive to look at it in terms of "something being wrong". Instead, look at changes in your living situation as important opportunities to make new friends and find good roommates / jobs, etc.

I hope this helps.
:dance:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Best advice yet!

^^^Agreed! Rodja knows his sh*t! :thumbsup:

To the OP...Definitely focus on getting a good intake of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat. Some other helpful tips...limit your alcohol intake, get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night, and make sure you incorporate solid compound exercises into your training regimen and lift heavy (85% of your one rep max), and also do at least three sets of each exercise. These are some general good natural basic guidelines to help elevate your testosterone and to also maintain it without having to use any supplements.

For supplements...I am pretty sure you are going to here many different views and opinions so if you want my two cents...pm me sometime. When it comes to using supplements to help with testosterone it is a purely subjective topic.

packers1200

packers1200

Awards
start with something natural like flax seed oil

Predaking

Awards
Does the coconut oil work long term? Is it still working for you guys who are taking it? I took 30mL for a few days and my libido dropped.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not taking it as a separate "shot" but I do make sure I keep my overall fat intake high, and use coconut oil frequently. and my libido still is running higher than it used to

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can't say that it is necessarily the coconut oil (since I am also supplementing with other fats), but my libido is MUCH higher than it was prior to increasing the fat in my diet.

Predaking

Awards
That's good news. I guess there's something wrong with me then. I initially had a very strong boost in libido because of coconut oil. I've been off it for a couple of days and I'll try it again within the next few days. Thanks :)

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
BTW - I just placed an order for two pounds of Maca and a gallon of coconut oil.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
amazing. I'm going to start selling my own brand of coconut oil "Raises testosterone more than tribulus"
call it lazarus.:cheers:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that had to be pricey. i'm "used" to paying $14 a quart I think it is for organic virgin stuff