Best capped pure Nettle product available (non-Bulk)

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
I was disappointed when DS released Activate Extreme and tossed in Icarrin and other ingredients. It may work for some, but I was a huge fan of the original Activate.

It contained 400 mgs of 60-95% Divanil 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran.

I'm looking for a replacement product as I've run this on and off w/ other supps.

I know NOW has one.

I know Nutra has the same bulk powder (perhaps) as Activate was, but it is out of stock, and more importantly, I don't have a capping machine.

It seems everyone else has mixed Nettle w/ other test boosters.

Anyone know if the NOW version is a good extract?

If not, what is the best option for a capped Nettle-only product?

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Also, I saw the other thread on Nutra's nettle and the mention of custom capsule. Custom can make it w/ what looks to be a solid extract, but it's $156 for 300, 400 mg pills. Activate (I realize it's mass produced vs. custom) sold 120 pills per bottle for about $30-35 per bottle if I remember right. So ordering from custom capsule would more than double the price and make it pretty unreasonable in my opinion.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NOW's is not an extract, but just nettle. It also is not standardized for divanillylTHF.

Tiny Man

Awards
So it wouldn't be nearly as effective at freeing up the testosterone as the nettle extracted for the divanil, the way I understand it.
Correct. I was told that it is actually standardized to scopoletin (I think that was the name) - but they do not extract to a standard of 3,4-div. IMO, the bulk powder of nettle root is actually not that bad, so not being able to cap it doesn't have to dissuade you. I've been looking for a source of it too, but so far the only one I know of is Custom Capsule - and as mentioned, it is pretty expensive.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recall the bulk nettle having a mild taste, if you don't want to cap it. Perhaps dissolve/suspend in some oil.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is the problem with the additions? There is still 400mg of Dinavil per cap.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
wait...Activate Xtreme has 400mg DVTHF per cap? can someone from DS verify this?

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
What is the problem with the additions? There is still 400mg of Dinavil per cap.
#1 I've taken a few sups in the past which contained forms of horny goat weed (icariin) and had reactions to both. I believe one was DTH and the other was RPM. Reactions included full body rash/swelling which required cycles of prednisone and prescription antihistimines to subdue, in addition to a couple weeks of patience while the medicine ran its course and symptoms slowly decreased. I'm not 100% sure it was from the horny goat weed, but I'm not going to take my chances any more, especially when I get great results from other supplements without such sides.

#2 - I like to (when possible) take supps that are as independent and clear as possible. Nothing against DS, but I'd rather take straight Activate (nettle extract) than a Nettle/Icarrin/Rhodiola Rosea/Basella Alba combo. I know nettle works, I've run it standalone before. I've used rhodiola before standalone and found results which were more mental (for me) and perhaps psychological as well. I am not convinced it had a significant affect. I'd rather just run nettle and combine it with ATD or 6-Bromo and Lean Extreme/X-Lean. It's a solid stack which all ingredients produce noticable affects standalone or in this stack. I come back to it time and time again.

#3 - the price was right. I think Activate was around $30 for 120 caps, and you took 4 caps per day. That was $1/day. Activate Extreme is $37 for 120 caps, but you take 6 caps per day. That's $1.85/day, and for me, not worth it if I can find a high quality nettle extract for almost half the price.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wait...Activate Xtreme has 400mg DVTHF per cap? can someone from DS verify this?
I have wondered about this myself since companies often use lower doses of actives in lieu of other added synergistic ingredients.

I don't recall seeing it stated one way or the other, but admittedly have not looked very hard either.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
#1 I've taken a few sups in the past which contained forms of horny goat weed (icariin) and had reactions to both. I believe one was DTH and the other was RPM. Reactions included full body rash/swelling which required cycles of prednisone and prescription antihistimines to subdue, in addition to a couple weeks of patience while the medicine ran its course and symptoms slowly decreased. I'm not 100% sure it was from the horny goat weed, but I'm not going to take my chances any more, especially when I get great results from other supplements without such sides.

#2 - I like to (when possible) take supps that are as independent and clear as possible. Nothing against DS, but I'd rather take straight Activate (nettle extract) than a Nettle/Icarrin/Rhodiola Rosea/Basella Alba combo. I know nettle works, I've run it standalone before. I've used rhodiola before standalone and found results which were more mental (for me) and perhaps psychological as well. I am not convinced it had a significant affect. I'd rather just run nettle and combine it with ATD or 6-Bromo and Lean Extreme/X-Lean. It's a solid stack which all ingredients produce noticable affects standalone or in this stack. I come back to it time and time again.

#3 - the price was right. I think Activate was around $30 for 120 caps, and you took 4 caps per day. That was $1/day. Activate Extreme is $37 for 120 caps, but you take 6 caps per day. That's $1.85/day, and for me, not worth it if I can find a high quality nettle extract for almost half the price.
Your third point is incorrect. They are the same price and they both recommend to take 4 caps/day (1600mg of Divanil).

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Your third point is incorrect. They are the same price and they both recommend to take 4 caps/day (1600mg of Divanil).
I don't know. I see Act. Extreme for $37. I was able to track down the last 2 bottles of Act at one particular site thanks to some help (not sure if the stock availability was correct or if I'm going to get an e-mail saying it's all gone) for $30/bottle.

The instructions on Act. are to take 4 caps per day = 1600 mgs.

The instructions on Act Extreme (per nutra's website) are to take "Take 1 serving 2-3 times per day" and each serving is 2 caps, and there are only 60 servings per bottle. Again, I don't know how much Divanil is in 2 caps for Act Extreme, but I do know that if you are taking 3 servings per day, a bottle will only last you 20 days whereas a bottle of Act will last 30 days and is $7 cheaper.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
How many bottles of ACT did you want? I have a very small amount left in my personal stash. I might be willing to part with them as I like ACTX better.

I cant give you an exact number of Divanil in the new formula for proprietary purposes only but we have never skimped on any ingredient in any of our formulas.

In the other formulas you have used where you had a bad reaction to the Icariin was it Icariin or Icariins. There is a big difference between the 2.

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
How many bottles of ACT did you want? I have a very small amount left in my personal stash. I might be willing to part with them as I like ACTX better.

I cant give you an exact number of Divanil in the new formula for proprietary purposes only but we have never skimped on any ingredient in any of our formulas.

In the other formulas you have used where you had a bad reaction to the Icariin was it Icariin or Icariins. There is a big difference between the 2.
One was DT2010, and it just says "epimedium sagittatum"

http://www.getdiesel.net/DT2010_supplementfacts.jpg

I know some people love Chuck's test boosting products, so I can't bash it, but after my experience I decided to stick to more basic supplements.

The other time was RPM by AN which says "Icariin (50%)". Around the same time I also started DNA (a bootleg Dodder/Nettle/Avena Sativa type from USP Labs). So there is a chance it's not the horny goat weed that I had the problem with but the Avena Sativa.

I've crossed both off my list for now though.

Still, I like sticking with a more basic supplement, though I know the industry is pretty much opposite in terms of sup manufacturers and the "avg joe" buying a supplement. They like to hear about 10 different ingredients all of which compliment one another. I prefer sticking to a few ingredients that I know and trust to work efficiently and for the right $.

I'll PM you regarding the Act you have. Again, nothing against Act Ext. as I've never tried it. I've had great success w/ your RXT, RR and LX. Just love pure Nettle is all, plus don't want to risk sides.