Creatine Monohydrate/Caffeine

goslamacamel

goslamacamel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I used to use creatine but stopped because I didn't like how much tighter my shirts got on it, and obviously didn't want to buy a new wardrobe. I recently got a ton of plain old creatine monohydrate from nutraplanet to try it out again, and am wondering about the real necessity of loading. I don't particularly want to load at 15-20g/day of creatine monohydrate because I don't drink much water at all, maybe 3-4 16.9oz bottles of water each day. Any more than that, and I'm pissing every 15 minutes, which really sucks at school.

1) Is loading REALLY all that necessary?

And if necessary,
2) does anyone have a hunch that increased sodium intake might help the water stay in the muscles/body longer while loading up on creatine?

Also, I take a caffeine pill every other morning, and was wondering about how to keep a constant creatine muscle saturation when dosing caffeine, as caffeine/creatine counteract eachother. I was thinking that when I use caffeine, perhaps I should take a few extra grams of creatine than I would on a day I don't use caffeine to attempt to maintain water retention at a steady rate. If it's seriously recommended not to take creatine with caffeine, the caffeine isn't going, the creatine is because my classes necessitate the caffeine.
3) What's the big deal about using caffeine with creatine if you just up the creatine a bit to cancel out the effect negation?