Heart Rate Monitor

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Looking to purchase a Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor and would appreciate feedback from those that own it. Besides the Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor, any others worth considering?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to get one also. I haven't looked into a particular model yet though. I just want something cheap that does the job.(like CHAD)

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
The Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor is currently $34 on Amazon with free shipping and no taxes...seems like a good deal.

Anyone own this model who can provide some feedback?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor is currently $34 on Amazon with free shipping and no taxes...seems like a good deal.

Anyone own this model who can provide some feedback?

Doesn't look like a bad deal. I think I may get one. Maybe not this instant though. I wonder do people really think this is necessary or even helpful that much?. I'm gonna start running again as soon as the weather clears.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Guess if nothing else, helps to really keep you dialed into a specific HR range. I have been using the feature on the cardio equipment that has it at my gym, but not all of the equipment has it and above all, not really sure on the accuracy.

Once it gets a little warmer, I am going to start cardio outdoors so it would definitely be helpful then.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
No one monitors their heart rate with one of these?

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I do, I always stay within 70% to 77% of my heart rate zone. This is an amazing tool to train smarter. Any HRM will work I used to sell them when I sold Fitness Equipment. The hand sensors build into the cardio machines at the gyms are a pulse rate and are inaccurate. The ones with HRC built in are 99% accurate and you can compare and contrast with your watch. (Trust on your watch being accurate)
Plan on the chest strap battery to last a little over 1 year and the watch battery to last 1-2 years.
In the end, I didn't like any extras and I just liked the least expensive model that just told my heart rate. My true treadmill and recumbent bike has it built in all i had to do is wear the HR strap. Hope this helps.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Polar Monitors are really solid. Bought one off of ebay after researching them (like you I needed it for outdoor cardio) and it is very accurate.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
So the Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor for $34 sound like a good deal?

Not too familiar with these so can you clarify this?
My true treadmill and recumbent bike has it built in all i had to do is wear the HR strap.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Noticed most of the Polar Monitors are two or three times the price of the Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor.

What made you go with a Polar over something like the $34 Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor?

Polar Monitors are really solid. Bought one off of ebay after researching them (like you I needed it for outdoor cardio) and it is very accurate.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I went with the Polar because it was reasonably priced on ebay (yes it was more than others, but from what I read it is very high quality.) I try to buy high quality over cheaper ones as it will be used a lot and I don't want the possibility of it flaking out on me (especially when buying on Ebay.) It has been great and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

I'm not saying not to trust the cheaper ones I just didn't want to risk it.

Marcus ATW

Marcus ATW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Fb07

So the Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor for $34 sound like a good deal?

Not too familiar with these so can you clarify this?
I apologize, I did not mean to confuse you. I have 2 cardio pieces at home (Bike and Treadmill) with HRC built in. If you want to check the watch you get for accuracy go to a specialty fitness equipment store and compare it with an HRC ready machine. I am sure it will be accurate. 34.00 dollars is a great deal. You will need a heart rate transmitter (Chest Strap) not sure if that comes with it or not.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that one comes with the chest strap. I did some further research and have yet to comes across one at a better price with better quality.

I apologize, I did not mean to confuse you. I have 2 cardio pieces at home (Bike and Treadmill) with HRC built in. If you want to check the watch you get for accuracy go to a specialty fitness equipment store and compare it with an HRC ready machine. I am sure it will be accurate. 34.00 dollars is a great deal. You will need a heart rate transmitter (Chest Strap) not sure if that comes with it or not.