Levithan Reloaded/Yohimbine

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
So, I'm doing a DCP/Leviathin stack for cutting and I ordered some Yohimbine @ the store (it was on clearance for $8) because I heard good things about it as far as energy and libido.

Then I noticed one of the main ingredients in Leviathan IS Yohimbine.

Does this mean I should just store away the Yohimbine for a rainy day and not take it simultaneously with the Leviathan?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, I'm doing a DCP/Leviathin stack for cutting and I ordered some Yohimbine @ the store (it was on clearance for $8) because I heard good things about it as far as energy and libido.

Then I noticed one of the main ingredients in Leviathan IS Yohimbine.

Does this mean I should just store away the Yohimbine for a rainy day and not take it simultaneously with the Leviathan?
Yes

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
yes, there is more then enough in the Leviathan.

oh...thanks volcom, just noticed you answered..lol

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, Volcom.

I see you are taking Fish Oil/Sesimin. Would you mind giving your 2 cents on this thread as well?:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/86737-efa-supplement-sesamin.html
Sesamin is a naturally occurring lignan present in sesame oil. It possesses great potential for maintaining healthy weight, via its effects on fatty acid oxidation and adipogenic gene expression. It also has the potential to stack very well with other supplements that modulate these systems, such as LeptiGen, stimulants, androgens, and Ab-Solved.

Sesamin shows to be about 10-fold more potent than fish oil, in positively modulating expression of a battery of genes involved in storage and metabolism of triglycerides. The obvious target for mediation is PPAR-alpha, as it is known to affect most of these. Another known mechanism of fish oil is via alteration of phospholipid membrane structure and properties - specifically, it promotes an increase in the unsaturation index of fatty acids, which is associated with increased lipolysis, increased leanness, and better insulin sensitivity.

Sesamin also had some positive effects on gene expression not shared by fish-oils. A possible target for this is PPAR-gamma antagonism, though it increases gamma-tocephorol levels, and that is a PPAR-gamma AGONIST. Spook has also mentioned sesamin as an agonist, but I have never seen this, and it is in contrast to the way it mediates gene expression.

First it boosts hepatic (liver) and muscular mitochondria oxidation of fatty acids as well as boosting peroxisome fatty acid oxidation. Particularly episesamin is extremely potent boosting these two actions buy 2.1 hold and 5.1 hold in rats. When coupled with a diet rich in omega-3 fats (they seem to work synergistically) episesamin boosted them by 12.2 and 20.1 respectively. Now that's freaking impressive. It does this buy causing the DNA transcription of CPT (carnitine palmitoyl transferase) which is the rate limiting quantity in beta oxidation of fats in skeletal muscle and liver cells. So the gist is you burn more fat plain and simple.

It also protects the liver and kidneys. It prevents fatty liver from chronic ethanol ingestion. Finally it keeps vitamin E levels high either by recycling it or buy preventing its oxidation entirely (no one knows which for sure).

First and foremost a doubling of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation it and of itself is fantastic. But a 20- fold increase in peroxisomal beta oxidation is even more impressive as it does not have the same self-regulating mechanisms that mitochondrial oxidation does. You burn too much fat and citrate buildup will shut down further fat oxidation. But not so with peroxisomal oxidation. So the bottom line is if there are lipids in your blood stream it will oxidize them.

Just as important, and what makes this so amazing, is that it exerts these effects in a Fed State. That's right you read that correctly: in a Fed State. Can someone say nutrient partitioning agent? Imagine bulking but your muscle is burning 20 times more fat when at rest. Imagine how many calories you could consume and still stay lean. Imagine what Sesamin will do in a fasted state. We all know insulin is talked about a lot when it comes to nutrient partitioning, but I think this handles the other side of the equation. So basically sesamin can be used during maintenance or bulking to stay lean and make sure you burn more fat at rest. And, Sesamin can also be used during a diet to burn a lot more fat.

So to summarize the benefits:

1. Huge increase in fat burning.
2. Burn more fat when dieting and when FED.
3. Protects or elevates vitamin E in the blood stream.

In short, Sesamin oil and Fish oil have synergistic effects.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes.

Oh...just noticed that John answered.

Oh...just noticed that Volcom answered before John.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Thanks again, Volcom.

Any reason you are taking them in "high doses"? What's a high dose for you?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks again, Volcom.

Any reason you are taking them in "high doses"? What's a high dose for you?
There are floating threads on this forum suggesting extra benefits in terms of anabolic effect and fat oxidation with "mega-doses" of fish oil. So far it's all based on anecdotal testimony and experience of users that have tried. Scientifically, you'll find more reasons to refute the use of mega dosing. A blood thinning effect is one of those risks, immune system effects. Therefore, I don't mega-dose. Mega dosing can range from 20-30 grams a day.

I keep my Fish Oil in high doses of about 5-10 grams a day, but mostly to boost the effects of my Sesamin Oil. If I weren't on Sesamin Oil, I'd be less disciplined to taking my fish oil.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Ah, so it also sounds like Sesathin/Fish Oil/CLA are standard supplements that you can take 365/year (as opposed to having to cycle them).

Thanks for all the help/advice. This has all been very useful.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I distinctly remember sesamin causing some people libido loss when it first came out. If I remember correctly, on M&M it was theorized the ligands in sesamin acted as powerfull phyto-estrogens causing some people prolonged loss of libido even after discontinuation.

I see sesamin seems to becoming more popular again, but am not seeing these negative side effects mentioned in these posts. Any of you guys using experience any of this? I've stayed away from it for this reason.

C0rk

C0rk

Awards
Damn, that would really suck. I was hoping to be a raging horn-ball from the Leviathan RL and Paravol! :head:

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Damn, that would really suck. I was hoping to be a raging horn-ball from the Leviathan RL and Paravol! :head:
I'm not saying that Sesamin will kill libido. I'm just reporting on a bunch of posts I remember seeing back in 2006 when Sesamin became popular. The theories of libido loss sounded plausible. Another was that it was such a powerfull fat burner/cholesterol reducer that their bodies didn't have enough to convert into hormone production.

I tried a bottle of caps and got nothing either way, but now I understand that it's only effective as straight liquid. So I'm nuetral, but cautious.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not saying that Sesamin will kill libido. I'm just reporting on a bunch of posts I remember seeing back in 2006 when Sesamin became popular. The theories of libido loss sounded plausible. Another was that it was such a powerfull fat burner/cholesterol reducer that their bodies didn't have enough to convert into hormone production.

I tried a bottle of caps and got nothing either way, but now I understand that it's only effective as straight liquid. So I'm nuetral, but cautious.
I've never heard of this or experienced any loss of libido. I've been on sesamin for about a year now.

Edit: However, apparently loss of libido has been experienced by others. "...due to sesathin's [another sesmin oil product] ability to lower lipids. In other words, the cholesterol level gets too low and libido suffers. Eating extra saturated fats and dietary cholesterol can help to counteract this reaction."

Good luck cutting away that adipose.

Last edited:
Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Damn it volcom, now I have to go out and get some sesamin oil.