It feels like actual napalm!/What-not-to-eat with Xfactor

RyanOFelt

Awards
So I am still on my first bottle of napalm, and about halfway through I took 4 days off because I went to Colorado to ski. Anyways I came back and took it for a day or two and was fine. Then I applied for the first time today, and it stung a little, but not really anything worth complaining about. After work I noticed a red rash on my stomach, but I applied anyway and DAMN, did it burn. Is this a common side effect ,do I need to stop, any help with this problem would be great.

Also, im using X-factor now. Ive been avoiding tuna because Ive heard that they dont mix well, but others have said they had great results while eating tuna.
If I do need to avoid foods, what are they? I was under the impression that it was just Omega 3's (i don't know any other than tuna), and that omega 6's were okay. Does this mean I am okay with peanut butter and almonds and such?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nuts, avocados, etc are ok. The redness was probably because your skin dried out in CO due to the lack of moisture in high altitude.

cal62887

cal62887

Awards
  • Established
Also, im using X-factor now. Ive been avoiding tuna because Ive heard that they dont mix well, but others have said they had great results while eating tuna.
If I do need to avoid foods, what are they? I was under the impression that it was just Omega 3's (i don't know any other than tuna), and that omega 6's were okay. Does this mean I am okay with peanut butter and almonds and such?
You don't need to avoid anything besides NSAIDs, but you may want to limit the intake of Omega 3's in your diet. Tuna is fine to eat, Tuna out of a can is relatively low in fat and therefore has a low Omega count.

The question basically comes down to how much you're eating...

X Factor FAQ:
14. Are there any particular foods I should be eating to make the product better?

Focus on nutrient dense whole foods (basically your typical Body building diet) that have various minerals/vitamins/anti-oxidants in them. Possibly magnesium rich foods may hold some promise for some (spinach, brown rice, etc)
Other than that.. X Factor fits nicely into almost any diet and works specifically well with an increase in protein. whether bulking or cutting.

[highlight]EFA[/highlight]

X Factor FAQ:
13. Do I need to avoid fish entirely?

You should still eat fish. In fact low dose supplementation of fish oil (2-3 capsules) does not appear to affect the effectiveness of X factor. The good thing is that in that in some cases the clinical benefits of fish oil appear to be directly tied to increases in cell membrane arachidonic acid. This is great news for the future of this supplement.
NEW STUDY:
This is the first paper of its kind, as most previous investigations of arachidonic acid supplementation safety involved Westerners with low daily intakes of Omega-3 fatty acids. Habitual daily intakes of DHA and EPA in this study ranged from 42 to 691mg and 98 to 991mg, respectively. The average intakes were about 310mg and 550 mg per day. Among the findings were the following.

2-Week Buildup Window:

It took 2 weeks for maximum arachidonic acid levels to be achieved in serum phospholipids. This was the first study to closely examine the time it took to reach peak levels with AA supplementations, and reinforces anecdotal observations of a 2-3 week ?loading? window before significant results are noted with supplementation in bodybuilders/athletes.

4-Week Washout:

Arachidonic acid levels remained elevated for a few weeks after supplementation was discontinued. They reached their pretreated levels after 4 weeks. This may also explain why some continue to notice progress in the immediate weeks following AA discontinuation.

Omega-3?s Had No Effect:

Peak arachidonic acid levels were similar in this study to other studies where AA was given to subjects with low dietary levels of Omega-3 fatty acids. At these levels there did not appear to be any significant Omega-3 antagonism of arachidonic acid. This study reinforces the anecdotal observations that low doses of fish oil or regular fish consumption do not appear to appreciably diminish the results of arachidonic acid supplementation.
[highlight]NSAIDs[/highlight]

X Factor FAQ:
11. Anything I should avoid while taking x factor

NSAIDS are to be ideally avoided due to their direct effects on inhibiting the COX enzyme (central to the mechanism by which x factor works). However it may be that taking NSAIDS at certain times is worse than others with respect to muscle building. Certainly if you have a headache and are known to respond to NSAIDs you could probably take the medication without interference.

12. Do I need to eliminate everything that is anti-inflammatory?

No. The only anti-inflammatory in the literature (so far) known to have adverse effects on x factor's benefit in skeletal muscle are NSAIDs (or its herbal equivalent white willow bark) due to their direct effect on the COX enzyme. Indirect anti-inflammatory products (which many products claim as a side benefit) most likely have no effect on what x factor does. Actually some of the benefits of arachidonic acid appear to be through reduction of systemic oxidative stress/insulin levels (provided the muscle is active) which ironically may actually reduce COX-2 in non muscle tissues. So all this stuff can be in the same ballpark.
List of popular NSAIDs:

http://www.lyberty.com/encyc/articles/nsaid.html

DeathDealer

Awards
Are you on anibiotics or have an infection? I had a similar problem when I got an infection on my leg from an infected pore. I broke out like crazy! I waited until about 2-3 weeks after I finished the antibiotics and tried again and everything was fine. I'm not sure if it was a reaction to the infection or the antibiotics, but it sure was awful.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sams club sells precooked salmon, that they must steam, as its low fat. still pretty nice