Incarnate vs. regular beta-alanine

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I checked out Incarnate's ingredients, and found that it contained 2g of beta alanine, 600mg of Cissus for joint & ligament support, and a 244mg blend of Histidine and Betaine HCl. Heres the question:

To someone who does not need the aid of the cissus for joint support, is Incarnate still worth the money over bulk beta alanine? Does the 244mg blend of Histidine and Betaine redeem the product? Or can you find Histidine and Betaine chemicals in any basic amino acid supplement?

I ask this because I could buy a bulk beta alanine supplement for 20 cents/serving and throw an amino acid supplement into the mix for the same results of Incarnate without the cissus, for a much lower price.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
yea i dont c why that wudnt work. save urself some money.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
if you dont want the cissus, grab some bulk beta alanine. Incarnate is great, but if your trying to save some cash, or just dont like cissus/have need for it, bulk works.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
What is betaine?
It's a non-essential acid that aids in the digestion of protein and fats. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly common among amino acids, making it kind of a cop-out ingredient.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
It's a non-essential acid that aids in the digestion of protein and fats. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly common among amino acids, making it kind of a cop-out ingredient.
cop-out...lol...right on bud

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Lol, I didn't mean offense by that, though I can see why I came off as a toolbag. I meant more along the lines of the ingredient would just lose emphasis to someone who already uses a betaine kind of thing.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
isnt the cissus extract in incarnate going to be more anabolic than it actually supports joint health? it seems to me that any thing that adds a little muscle has got to be worth a try

LakunaKoil

LakunaKoil

Awards
Incarnate has Histidine ?

Why does Incarnate have added Histidine ?

Shouldn’t I take extra histidine along with Beta-Alanine since histidine is a component of carnosine?

No. Histidine is already present in high concentrations in muscle, while Beta-Alanine is only present only in small amounts. Researchers have determined that it is beta-alanine that drives carnosine synthesis, not histidine. Since this has been proven repeatedly in research, there is no need to supplement with extra histidine to increase carnosine levels. There are potentially some select populations like vegans, vegetarians or the elderly that may not get enough histidine in their diets and are thus deficient, which may compromise optimal carnosine levels. But, we still don’t recommend taking just extra histidine with Beta-Alanine. Instead, we recommend these groups and simply bump up their total protein intake which will in turn solve their possible histidine deficiency. For the majority of healthy people, only Beta –Alanine is needed as histidine deficiency is rare and no extra supplementation is needed to increase carnosine concentrations.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
if he wanted to yes. Im not gonna hound people or throw our products in peoples face left and right...bulk beta alanine works fine. I love the feeling and results from Incarnate, but to each their own when it comes to supplements.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
MAny companies sell Beta Alanine alone, capped for like $30 for a month's supply
Most companies sell cissus for about $20-$25 a bottle

Incarnate is $25 on NP right now...

So if you are ONLY interested in BA... then sure. you could save a few bucks by pickin up the bulk.
But for the price... you really cannot beat it

both BA and cissus have leaning properties, strength properties, etc

at the end of the day... its up to you

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Why does Incarnate have added Histidine ?
Sure... in a perfect world.... everyone consumes enough histidine, but since its vital for BA -> carnosine conversion.. we added it just to be safe for the average person...
believe me.. the added histidine is not driving up the price at all

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just started the Incarnate a few days ago. My trainer has beendoing all free weight work with me and my elbows and shoulder have really been hurting.

Tues my workout was hindered by the pain and me being sick. Yesterday after the Incarnate I was feeling good, joints better! I also had better endurance and strength was up.

I'm going to add this one in for the remainder of my training!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
MAny companies sell Beta Alanine alone, capped for like $30 for a month's supply
Most companies sell cissus for about $20-$25 a bottle

Incarnate is $25 on NP right now...

So if you are ONLY interested in BA... then sure. you could save a few bucks by pickin up the bulk.
But for the price... you really cannot beat it

at the end of the day... its up to you
Agreed! at the sale price i do think its worth giving it a try. Unfortunately NP are out of a ferw things i want to get so im not gunna bother with the order thanks to the shipping costs.

You guys have a supplier in the UK?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I am old(39) and I love Cissus, but if you do not need it, BUY BULK.
Don't take what you don't need and even though Incarnate is a solid product, It ain't cheap.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Cissus has effects other than joint/ligament support? You seem much more informed on the product than I, and I wondered if it'd still be worth taking if you don't need the joint support. If you could reinforce what you mean, that would help a lot, since I thought it only dealt with joint/ligament support.

Additionally, I hear Incarnate is very anti-catabolic. In this case, I'm saying screw the bulk BA and ordering Incarnate pronto. For $25 I think it's still a pretty damn good deal.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is betaine?
Betaine, or glycine betaine, are alternative names for trimethylglycine (TMG). TMG is made from sugar beets. TMG has three methyl groups attached to each molecule of glycine. A TMG methyl group is donated to a molecule of homocysteine to form the non-toxic amino acid, methionine, and subsequently S-adenosyl-methionine (SAMe), leading to increased methylation, providing liver protection and cardiovascular support.

However, the compound used in Incarnate is Betaine HCL (betaine hydrochloride), and this is different from Betaine. Betaine HCL is basically betaine with hydrochloric acid. Usually, betaine HCL is used as a digestive aid due to its strong acidity. This strong acidity also prevents it to be used as an option for boosting SAMe. In contrast to TMG that is made from sugar beets, Betaine HCL is usually synthesized.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
There's a lot of tool-boxes in this thread. Incarnate combines two solid, staple (IMO) compounds into one novel, formula. For what it is, think of it as Super Cissus and beta-alanine caps combined into one. Super Cissus alone is 30 bucks at the Planet. Combine a higher ketosterone extract with a nice amount of beta-alanine and you have Incarnate.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
There's a lot of tool-boxes in this thread. Incarnate combines two solid, staple (IMO) compounds into one novel, formula. For what it is, think of it as Super Cissus and beta-alanine caps combined into one. Super Cissus alone is 30 bucks at the Planet. Combine a higher ketosterone extract with a nice amount of beta-alanine and you have Incarnate.
lol yes and im one of them. i musta been in a bad mood last month. i just got some bulk Ba and cissus but like i mentoned earlier if shipping wasn't to high i would have been all over this sale.

FOG - good to have you back on form mate.:drunk:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
lol yes and im one of them. i musta been in a bad mood last month. i just got some bulk Ba and cissus but like i mentoned earlier if shipping wasn't to high i would have been all over this sale.

FOG - good to have you back on form mate.:drunk:
Hahaha. Good to see you Australian made! Thanks for the welcome!

I'm jumping back on the supplement bandwagon again.

I just got my products today:
All MST
1. Ragnarok (caffeine-free)
2. MVP-365
3. ZMK
4. Cordygen 5

Gonna get some Carnage, Somnidren GH, and Stoked to add as well.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know of a benefit of using high amounts of beta-alanine?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Toolboxes, LOL!

Incarnate is way better than BA alone, hands-down, the end. No comparison. I increased strength, decreased recovery time, and joints felt good/better, in a much more pronounced way than with BA alone.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone know of a benefit of using high amounts of beta-alanine?
Rapid saturation of cellular carnosine levels, producing significant improvements in strength, endurance, and recovery. Care must be taken though, as high doses of beta alanine (taken at once) may trigger parathesis, a sensation similar to pins and needles, whose mid-to-long-term implications are not clear.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Toolboxes, LOL!

Incarnate is way better than BA alone, hands-down, the end. No comparison. I increased strength, decreased recovery time, and joints felt good/better, in a much more pronounced way than with BA alone.
haha. I liked Incarnate if just for the joint recovery. I actually set some PRs without even realizing it. My BEST stack for strength was Incarnate, Post Cycle Support, MVP & ZMK, and Blueprint. I was using Relora and Sensoril for stress along with those supps and my diet was clean-cut. I was at a strength level higher than on a PH cycle. I remember doing 95 lb dumbell shoulder press for 12 times whilst in the middle of being in my HIT routine. I was doing shrugs with 110 lb dumbells for 50 reps with none less than superb form.
The reason I think that this was the best stack I've been on is because of the endurance/strength/recovery of Incarnate, the aggression in the gym from Post Cycle Support, and the fact that while on Blueprint I did NOT feel much pain at all, as agmatine is a potent NDMA receptor antagonist. I wasn't feeling any pain whatsoever and the beta-alanine buffered the burn anyways.

I poop you not, I'm not one for high weight, but I figured that if I had the capacity I might as well go for it.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Rapid saturation of cellular carnosine levels, producing significant improvements in strength, endurance, and recovery. Care must be taken though, as high doses of beta alanine (taken at once) may trigger parathesis, a sensation similar to pins and needles, whose mid-to-long-term implications are not clear.
Ok, cool. I notice that the standard daily amount is around 4 grams per day... If someone is engaging in some really intense, somewhat prolonged sessions, will beta-alanine doses of around 8-10 grams be feasible?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, cool. I notice that the standard daily amount is around 4 grams per day... If someone is engaging in some really intense, somewhat prolonged sessions, will beta-alanine doses of around 8-10 grams be feasible?
I believe the recommended daily dose from meta-analysis of available studies is about 6gr daily in two divided doses. So, 8gr may be feasible. I am not sure there is an incremental advantage in taking 10gr. May be inefficient.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I believe the recommended daily dose from meta-analysis of available studies is about 6gr daily in two divided doses. So, 8gr may be feasible. I am not sure there is an incremental advantage in taking 10gr. May be inefficient.
Thanks for your input! It is much appreciated.

Oh and thanks for Drive... Definitely a good product!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for your input! It is much appreciated.

Oh and thanks for Drive... Definitely a good product!
Anytime, Sir! And thanks for the Drive feedback!