beta alanine or wms

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
I'm very aware of the benefits of both, but can only afford one for the time being so which one should I go with?

dafox

Awards
  • Established
I would probably go with beta alanine because you can eat some good carbs in oatmeal after a workout, and the tingling feeling for beta alanine is :woohoo:
I just eat oat meal or a whole grain cereal after working out and it seems to do quite well for me. I will be trying a carb supp soon though, but I can't give any feedback on that yet...
if you can't get those carbs in post workout, then I would think WMS would be more beneficial, because what you eat is most important.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beta Alanine...no question about it.

/You can't afford the small beta alanine and small WMS? You should be able to get both for $20.

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone! Yeah I can always get my carbs from oatmeal, yams, etc. BA on the other hand I can only get by buying it. I'll probably get primaforces' 500g ba. thanks again yall.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone! Yeah I can always get my carbs from oatmeal, yams, etc. BA on the other hand I can only get by buying it. I'll probably get primaforces' 500g ba. thanks again yall.
nutra planet makes some solid beta could be cheaper i believe

xMike777x

xMike777x

Awards
nutra planet makes some solid beta could be cheaper i believe
I've been taking Nutraplanets bulk Beta Alanine for the last month. One of the best purchases I've made. Its also 4 bucks cheaper than Primaforce. I've never tried Primaforce so I can't comment on it but Nutraplanets Beta Alanine is the real deal. I will be buying the kilo size next time around. :woohoo:

BillFinkbiner

BillFinkbiner

Awards
  • Established
Either way just get the Beta-Alanine. I don't know the Nutraplanet scoops size, but for me a tub of Primaforce BA last for 3-4 months depending on my doseage

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It depends on what effects you are after and what your training and goals are. You are using good carb sources but I guess it would depend on how you react to them. I've seen one guy at my gym cut quite a bit just from using wms in lieu or dex or oats.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the benefits of supplementing with BA outweigh that of WMS. The ease of digestion is nice, but other than that I am not aware of any other benefits of WMS.

BA gets my vote! (no bias)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beta-Alanine has performance enhancing effects. WM is a convenient version of oatmeal.

BA gets my vote everytime.

(don't get me wrong, I have two buckets of WM myself, but if you could only afford one, BA is the bigger bang for your buck)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i feel the same as every1 else i think beta alanine is the way to go. i love the stuff and can't wait to start using it again