Muscle Milk: Not as good as I hoped - AnabolicMinds.com

Muscle Milk: Not as good as I hoped

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Muscle Milk: Not as good as I hoped

Well I gave Muscle Milk a try. I got the Dark Chocolate and Banana Cream. I've only tried the banana three times so far but since it was so sweet I have not tried it again since. I also get a slight headache from the sweetness. Would mixing with milk help?

2. Advanced Member

if not for all thte sugar I would live off the stuff
  3. New Member

if you bought muscle milk for the taste you mine as well of went to the dinner down the block and ordered chunky monkey milk shake with a straw. Muscle milk is a WASTE of money. All it is, is protein and some extra fat and carbs. Its better to make your own weight gainer if your trying to gain weight OR if your trying to cut just buy regular 100% whey protein by optimum nutrition. Its a LOT cheaper and economical way to gain muscle, strength and size. sorry cytosport
    •   

4. New Member

muscle milk is very low-carb (12g per serving). it's high in fat but that isn't a bad thing for everyone. it depends on you goals. if, for example, your goal is to build muscle, you won't mind the fat.
    Dark chocolate flavor was disappointing to me as well. i could live on the chocolate malt and root beer flavors though. Jesus they're delicious.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Yeah, I was doing better simply using chocolate ON whey, tablespoon of natty p-nut butter and a tablespoon of Dale Alexander fish oil.
  6. Banned

Haven't tried the dark chocolate, but the banana flavor tastes like a combo of sugar and @ss clalk!!!! The peach mango is the sh!t though, so is the blueberries and cream!!!
  7. Senior Member

send it to me and I will dispose of it properly. or mix one scoop of it with another brand of whey and/or casein...tastes different and less fat
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    Haven't tried the dark chocolate, but the banana flavor tastes like a combo of sugar and @ss clalk!!!! The peach mango is the sh!t though, so is the blueberries and cream!!!
    That's it!! Sugar and ass chalk. Ass chalk?????
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  152 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman003 View Post
    just buy regular 100% whey protein by optimum nutrition. Its a LOT cheaper and economical way to gain muscle, strength and size. sorry cytosport
    Oh really? At NP 2.5lbs of MM is 19.99 and 2lbs of ON Whey is 23.95... I like the chocolate milk and rocky road. Cookies n Cream and the chocolate caramel aren't bad either. Also, they're all much better with milk than with water IMO.
  10. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I can't stand the taste of Muscle Milk either. It really is nasty.
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DGSky View Post
    Well I gave Muscle Milk a try. I got the Dark Chocolate and Banana Cream. I've only tried the banana three times so far but since it was so sweet I have not tried it again since. I also get a slight headache from the sweetness. Would mixing with milk help?
    Try half milk and half cold water.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

WTF are you people talking about? Muscle Milk is THE best tasting protein powder on the market. Period.
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    WTF are you people talking about? Muscle Milk is THE best tasting protein powder on the market. Period.
    Yeah, you guys are giving me a craving just talking about the stuff.

Muscle milk with some milk tastes just like a smoothie. The blueberries and cream sounds delicious, I think I'm gonna buy some tonight.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

yeah I don't know either.. if they could make whey/isolate taste that good I wouldn't ever switch proteins again..

the only deterrent is the high cals, which is a red flag to some people but god dammit -- its delicious
  15. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

nobody has anything that touches the muscle milk light chocolate peanut butter. But its $20 for a 1.5lb that gets you 15 servings. I have bought an awful lot of those damn $20 jugs too. I've tried a few other flavors, but the chocolate peanut butter just compltely kills. I actually like All The Whey's regular chocolate better than the muscle milk.

Thats the other problem above comparing muscle milk regular to other proteins

2.5lbs of MM is 19.99 and 2lbs of ON Whey is 23.95
    Sure but that 2.5lbs of MM gets 16 the servings out of it as 32g/protein for a total of 512g protein, the ON whey does 30 24g servings for a total of 720g of protein. So even at 10% more cost, the ON still gets you more protein/$ than muscle milk.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  16. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaddy View Post
    muscle milk is very low-carb (12g per serving). it's high in fat but that isn't a bad thing for everyone. it depends on you goals. if, for example, your goal is to build muscle, you won't mind the fat.
    Dark chocolate flavor was disappointing to me as well. i could live on the chocolate malt and root beer flavors though. Jesus they're delicious.
    12 carbs is not my definition of "very low carb" considering I only eat 30 carbs a day.
  17. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soopaman View Post
    Yeah, you guys are giving me a craving just talking about the stuff.

Muscle milk with some milk tastes just like a smoothie. The blueberries and cream sounds delicious, I think I'm gonna buy some tonight.
    You should dude. I've tried most of the flavours and I'm tellin you that or peach-mango (I know it sounds gay) with milk or vanilla ice-cream.......forget about it.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Cookies and Cream, Easy.
    Booyah!
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Cookies and Cream, Easy.
    Booyah!
    I'll have to try that one, if they do it in the light
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  20. New Member

I must beg to differ, Cookies and Cream muscle milk has made my eyes water with joy when drinking it. Maybe our proteins shouldnt taste like milk shakes made from heaven, but hey i wouldnt go back to the chug-a-thon i had to do to force other proteins down, i say drink up and savor the flavor.
  21. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

the chocolate caramel i'm almost afraid to try, its bound to be good
    This space for rent

22. New Member

Ohhh i have tried it and it was as wonderful as you would hope . The taste purrs in your mouth, see that! it makes me poetic, thats how good, and cytogainer chocolate malt...i want to work out just so i can drink it.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I love the C&C and the chocolate mint MM. The chocolate mint mixed in with sugar-free chocolate pudding is an easy way to satisfy a sweet-tooth on a cut.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Horchata is good too.

Egg nog around Xmas is a DAMN good egg nog replacement. It's so close - it's scary.

Blueberries rocks.

Only one I didn't think was awesome was orange creme - not too much on the flavor like the others.
  25. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    12 carbs is not my definition of "very low carb" considering I only eat 30 carbs a day.

Pfft, you dont count. If I wanted to look like my sister, id eat 30 grams per day too.

hehe
  26. Advanced Member

I was making my MM Cookies&Cream Colligiate with whole milk(I need the cals at work) and it was WONDERFUL. Then I tried it mixed with water one day, and it was undrinkable. (Granted, I DID drink it, but I didn't enjoy it. And it wasn't like,"Hmmm, this really isn't very good made with water.." it was more of a,"Okay, this **** is nasty made with water."

I almost think that that is where the pretty strong difference of opinion comes from on MM's taste. I think the people who think that it's aweful have never tried making it with milk.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I get free bottles of muscle milk from my work. mmmmmmmmmmm free muscle milk im drinking some right now
  28. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Tank View Post
    Ohhh i have tried it and it was as wonderful as you would hope . The taste purrs in your mouth, see that! it makes me poetic, thats how good, and cytogainer chocolate malt...i want to work out just so i can drink it.
    HAha, ha, That has to be the gayest thing I have ever fcuking heard in my life. Purrs in your mouth?? Dude you need help lol.........
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

MM RTD's aren't nearly as good, BTW.
  30. Senior Member

MM RTD's aren't nearly as good, BTW.
    truer words were never spoken.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    truer words were never spoken.
    I disagree. The RTD taste better to me. I've samples nearly all of them also. Root Beer float, Mochao Joe, Vanilla Cream, Banannas, and the best...Chocolate Mint. I'm known around work for chocolate mint rtd with a straw in it.
  32. New Member

whoever said they eat 30 carbs a day must be the littlest or fattest mofo on the planet.. eating 30 carbs a day everyday is retarted
  33. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    I disagree. The RTD taste better to me. I've samples nearly all of them also. Root Beer float, Mochao Joe, Vanilla Cream, Banannas, and the best...Chocolate Mint. I'm known around work for chocolate mint rtd with a straw in it.
    hmmm...you are talking like flavor is subjective or something

i've had the RTDs in Chocolate and Vanilla only, and found them pretty much to be tolerable, but that's it. I also must not have shaken it properly, as there were some nasty little chunks in the bottom. I did try a myoplex deluxe RTD chocolate the other day...and it was absolutely disgusting, I literally checked to see if it had expired or something.
  34. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotato View Post
    Pfft, you dont count. If I wanted to look like my sister, id eat 30 grams per day too.

hehe
    tell your sister she needs a shave before her photo shoots
    This space for rent

35. New Member

pay this man
  36. Senior Member

MM hasn't made a flavor yet that I didn't care for, although the profile is less the desirable, it's a nice treat once in awhile
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

I love MM, But the Chocolate caramel pecan is just too nasty. I had to buy some once because it's all they had and I was out. That was just wrong.
    chocolate mint was very tasty.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

The MM Creme Brulee flavor is awesome.
  39. New Member

I love Muscle Milk with skim milk! mainly the chocolate milk and caramel ones (forget their actual names)
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.

not really the best protien source either
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hope it is as good as it looks.
    By lozgod in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 08:53 AM
  2. Is kwik-karb and carb-slam not as good as vitargo?
    By pinchharmonic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 02:06 AM
  3. Lifestyle improvements as good as drugs to reduce diabetes risk
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 12:56 AM
  4. 1 Day per week as good as 4?
    By Angular Air in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-29-2005, 10:56 AM