Creatine Monohydrate

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I searched thread titles and found most of what I was looking for, but couldn't find a clear-cut answer as to if you should use it on non training days.

Currently using 5g pre-Workout, 5g post-workout, but not on non-lifting days. Should I change this to be taken on non lifting days?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Depending on how many days you train, 10g per training day may be enough.

I take ~10g 4x per week.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've always takin it everyday. I'll take it for a few months and then go off it for one, then go through the loading faze again. That's given me the best results by far.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I find that 3g twice a day everyday is enough for me. 1 time in the morning and 1 time post workout. If it's a nonworkout day, then I just take the 2nd dose with some sugars/carbs sometime in the afternoon.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I've actually read an article where it says 2-3gs/day is plenty.

ProAnabolics

ProAnabolics

Awards
I've heard monohydrate has a 10 to 12% bioavailability, is this true?

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure about the bio-availability but when I was taking mono I was taking in 10g everyday second day. CEE I took in 3g pre 3g post everyday.

The Graduate

Awards
I've actually read an article where it says 2-3gs/day is plenty.
Exactly, 3g is a good dose, most take 5g anything over is just a waste and may cause issues with stomach upset, etc. THis is why i dont think many people get issues with CEE because they take a lower dose!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
yeah I think 10gs is too much and have not noticed any difference when I switched to 3g's.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
2-3 grams a day is fine. Unless you go in for that 3days on, 3days off of 20gr a day thing. I'm gonna try that whenever I remember to start taking my creatine again.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i usually take 2.5 grams pre and post workout and only on days i lift

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone. Also, I heard drinking mono with a liquid containing glucose/taurine can help significantly. Welch's 100% grape juice contains glucose, doesn't it?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
glucose=sugar so yes many do take creatine with sugar and that would be fine i guess, i never have tho

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I was pretty sure that was the way it worked. My dad was like "welllllll brabababaabab plant sugar brabababa sucrose sugar brababa" so I told him he had a problem and asked you guys.

Thanks for the inf'.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I always take mine with juice. I like orange juice for the extra vitamin c.