USP Powerfull....full of s***?

magicmartin

Awards
USP Powerfull....is it a new compound?

I sketched out the 1-carboxy-2-amino-3-pyrobenzol(3,4 diol). Sure enough it looked exactly the same as 3,4 dihydroxy-phenylalanine or L-dopa. In other words, it appears that USP just used not commonly accepted nomenclature to identify their compound. For example, pyrobenzol is more commonly known as benzene....just as Dolichos Pruriens is more commonly known as Mucuna Pruriens. I attached a pic of L-dopa and I drew in USPs purported substiuent groups (teachers always say to show your homework).

That begs the question of whether this new compound is really nothing more than L-dopa.

Attachments

I sketched out the 1-carboxy-2-amino-3-pyrobenzol(3,4 diol). Sure enough it looked exactly the same as 3,4 dihydroxy-phenylalanine or L-dopa. In other words, it appears that USP just used not commonly accepted nomenclature to identify their compound. For example, pyrobenzol is more commonly known as benzene....just as Dolichos Pruriens is more commonly known as Mucuna Pruriens. I attached a pic of L-dopa and I drew in USPs purported substiuent groups (teachers always say to show your homework).

That begs the question of whether this new compound is really nothing more than L-dopa.
Nice first post.

You must be friends with the Good old Doctor. Man must we go down this road again. We been accused and than defended our stance, accused again, and defended our stance.

The competition is bit pissed that our products work..

magicmartin

Awards
Sorry if this has already been discussed. I've been following this board since last summer, but this is the first subject I felt compelled to post on. If you have the link to that discussion, then please send it along....if not I will search for it

In our extraction methods, we extract for natural decarboxylase inhibitors. We've changed the nomencalture on all labels to protect our trade secrets.

As I said previously, I urge the PowerFULL consumer to use Natural or synthetic L-dopa and compare.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I've been following this board since last summer, but this is the first subject I felt compelled to post on. If you have the link to that discussion, then please send it along....if not I will search for it
Sure you have, I can sense your unbiased approach by the title of the thread.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Interesting post, however rather than stating USP POWERFULL... FULL OF s***? (an accusational question), you should of probably asked it in a non accusational phrase.

This automatically creates hostility into the post. For example, which would you be more inclined to answer,

i) magicmartin full of ....S***?

or

ii) magicmartin....whats in it?

Pretty sure USP would have been more happy to explain to you what it was if you hadnt accused the product of being s*** before they even had a chance to explain.

Just a thought bro.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember a long time ago I once made the same mistake in a thread title, and the reply that has stuck with me ever since then (And I'm talking a good 6 or 7 years ago) was

"You can catch more bees with honey, than with vinegar."
While it doesn't seem perfect, I remember it oh so well. Phrasing your question in a better way is sure to get you a kinder response . With that said, I think Jacob has already put this post to rest. /Thread

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
I thought that
1-carboxy-2-amino-3-pyrobenzol(3,4 diol) = L-Dopa was comon knowledge

And time and time again has USP labs said "Powerfull is not only L-Dopa..."

I do not know if Powerfull is or is not full of sh** cause I have never used, have you?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think it's a jealousy thing... Too many of this threads are popping up just when USP is about to drop another BOMB on the supplement world. Whatever - I've used a lot of different GH boosters and can say with an unbiased tongue that POWERFULL is the best damn GH booster out. (Period)

Martin - The title of the thread alone dictates what your true intentions are... Move on to another board with that crap.

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
I used POWERFULL in the fall and even ran a log on it, I had very good results. . .I have to agree with mashedpotato magicmartin full of ....S***?

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
i personally didn't get much in the way of physique change from powerfull, although some do, but I found the improvement in sleep to be VERY noticeable.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
I cant believe there are so many ignorant people in the world. Its tried and proven

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
I thought that
1-carboxy-2-amino-3-pyrobenzol(3,4 diol) = L-Dopa was comon knowledge

And time and time again has USP labs said "Powerfull is not only L-Dopa..."

I do not know if Powerfull is or is not full of sh** cause I have never used, have you?
The bulk powder 1-carboxy... im using right now, and the sleep is great. I would drop the money of P-full if i had it to drop.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
tread carefully, your magic does not work here.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
ive seen a libido increase, better sleep, and strength increase while on powerful

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I heard s*** was actually quite anabolic. :)

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
while your at it dissect this please because it's causing a riot.

Recreate "Clinical Strength Fat Loss for Men"-Clicky Clicky for NEW info!
Hey careful with that I heard it had an alien worm in it that will hatch in your stomach and will eat you from the inside thus creating weight loss....:icon_lol: lol

Oh sorry I thought this was a the "who can say the stupidest thing about USPLabs products" contest.... my mistake

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's no secret that Mucuna is extracted and utilized for its high content of natural L-DOPA martin, you've levied no revelations there. What may be a revelation to you, however, is Mucuna's propensity to carry natural decarboxylase inhibitors such as carbidopa, making it vastly more effective than its synthetic counterpart. What may be a revelation to you as well, is the expression of COQ-10 and complex-I which have neurorestorative effects on the dopaminergic ions in the substantia nigra. What may be a revelation, is that unlike the synthetic L-DOPA you speak of, MP actually regenerates endogenous levadopa, dopamine, norepinephrine and GH levels. I think it seems rather redundant here to mention that it actually increases hypothalamatic-pituitary-axis GH production by way of raising (and keeping high) levels of GHRH.

Posting a title like this is quite similar to "Designer Supplements..full of ****?" then imparting the board with your knowledge that DS extracts 3-4 divan., from the Nettle Root.

So, your question of "is this little more than L-DOPA?" seems rather juvenile in the proper context. What was it, exactly, that you assumed Mucuna was extracted for? It's sweet aroma, therein raising serotonin levels to produce a euphoric effect?

As you seem to lack the motivation to do some necessary research before you attack a product, let me hit you with a little knowledge son:

Mucuna pruriens in Parkinson's disease: a double blind clinical and pharmacological study.

* Katzenschlager R,
* Evans A,
* Manson A,
* Patsalos PN,
* Ratnaraj N,
* Watt H,
* Timmermann L,
* Van der Giessen R,
* Lees AJ.

National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, UK.

BACKGROUND: The seed powder of the leguminous plant, Mucuna pruriens has long been used in traditional Ayurvedic Indian medicine for diseases including parkinsonism. We have assessed the clinical effects and levodopa (L-dopa) pharmacokinetics following two different doses of mucuna preparation and compared them with standard L-dopa/carbidopa (LD/CD). METHODS: Eight Parkinson's disease patients with a short duration L-dopa response and on period dyskinesias completed a randomised, controlled, double blind crossover trial. Patients were challenged with single doses of 200/50 mg LD/CD, and 15 and 30 g of mucuna preparation in randomised order at weekly intervals. L-dopa pharmacokinetics were determined, and Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale and tapping speed were obtained at baseline and repeatedly during the 4 h following drug ingestion. Dyskinesias were assessed using modified AIMS and Goetz scales. RESULTS: Compared with standard LD/CD, the 30 g mucuna preparation led to a considerably faster onset of effect (34.6 v 68.5 min; p = 0.021), reflected in shorter latencies to peak L-dopa plasma concentrations. Mean on time was 21.9% (37 min) longer with 30 g mucuna than with LD/CD (p = 0.021); peak L-dopa plasma concentrations were 110% higher and the area under the plasma concentration v time curve (area under curve) was 165.3% larger (p = 0.012). No significant differences in dyskinesias or tolerability occurred. CONCLUSIONS: The rapid onset of action and longer on time without concomitant increase in dyskinesias on mucuna seed powder formulation suggest that this natural source of L-dopa might possess advantages over conventional L-dopa preparations in the long term management of PD. Assessment of long term efficacy and tolerability in a randomised, controlled study is warranted.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Does it not speak volumes that when some of our sponsors get called out or bad-mouthed, the troops rally around. This isn't the typical board - that's why AM is the best!

Great post Mullet!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Mullet - post up cliff notes when you post something that long.

I ain't reading all that crap. :D

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
It's no secret that Mucuna is extracted and utilized for its high content of natural L-DOPA martin, you've levied no revelations there. What may be a revelation to you, however, is Mucuna's propensity to carry natural decarboxylase inhibitors such as carbidopa, making it vastly more effective than its synthetic counterpart. What may be a revelation to you as well, is the expression of COQ-10 and complex-I which have neurorestorative effects on the dopaminergic ions in the substantia nigra. What may be a revelation, is that unlike the synthetic L-DOPA you speak of, MP actually regenerates endogenous levadopa, dopamine, norepinephrine and GH levels. I think it seems rather redundant here to mention that it actually increases hypothalamatic-pituitary-axis GH production by way of raising (and keeping high) levels of GHRH.

Posting a title like this is quite similar to "Designer Supplements..full of ****?" then imparting the board with your knowledge that DS extracts 3-4 divan., from the Nettle Root.

So, your question of "is this little more than L-DOPA?" seems rather juvenile in the proper context. What was it, exactly, that you assumed Mucuna was extracted for? It's sweet aroma, therein raising serotonin levels to produce a euphoric effect?

As you seem to lack the motivation to do some necessary research before you attack a product, let me hit you with a little knowledge son:

Mucuna pruriens in Parkinson's disease: a double blind clinical and pharmacological study.

* Katzenschlager R,
* Evans A,
* Manson A,
* Patsalos PN,
* Ratnaraj N,
* Watt H,
* Timmermann L,
* Van der Giessen R,
* Lees AJ.

National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, UK.

BACKGROUND: The seed powder of the leguminous plant, Mucuna pruriens has long been used in traditional Ayurvedic Indian medicine for diseases including parkinsonism. We have assessed the clinical effects and levodopa (L-dopa) pharmacokinetics following two different doses of mucuna preparation and compared them with standard L-dopa/carbidopa (LD/CD). METHODS: Eight Parkinson's disease patients with a short duration L-dopa response and on period dyskinesias completed a randomised, controlled, double blind crossover trial. Patients were challenged with single doses of 200/50 mg LD/CD, and 15 and 30 g of mucuna preparation in randomised order at weekly intervals. L-dopa pharmacokinetics were determined, and Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale and tapping speed were obtained at baseline and repeatedly during the 4 h following drug ingestion. Dyskinesias were assessed using modified AIMS and Goetz scales. RESULTS: Compared with standard LD/CD, the 30 g mucuna preparation led to a considerably faster onset of effect (34.6 v 68.5 min; p = 0.021), reflected in shorter latencies to peak L-dopa plasma concentrations. Mean on time was 21.9% (37 min) longer with 30 g mucuna than with LD/CD (p = 0.021); peak L-dopa plasma concentrations were 110% higher and the area under the plasma concentration v time curve (area under curve) was 165.3% larger (p = 0.012). No significant differences in dyskinesias or tolerability occurred. CONCLUSIONS: The rapid onset of action and longer on time without concomitant increase in dyskinesias on mucuna seed powder formulation suggest that this natural source of L-dopa might possess advantages over conventional L-dopa preparations in the long term management of PD. Assessment of long term efficacy and tolerability in a randomised, controlled study is warranted.

YEAH!!! GET HIM MULLET!!! SCHOOL HIS DUMB AZZ! :clap2::goodpost: By the way, Powerful is the Shiznits! keep coming out with those awesome products USP!

BillFinkbiner

BillFinkbiner

Awards
  • Established
All I know is that I'm on my fourth day of using Powerfull and by night # 3 my sleep was so sound that for the first time in years I didn't wake up to use the bathroom. Obviously something is working.

Does it not speak volumes that when some of our sponsors get called out or bad-mouthed, the troops rally around. This isn't the typical board - that's why AM is the best!

Great post Mullet!
The poster is pretending to be a research chemist on bb.com but has lurked on AM for years. I know a few research chemists and lurking and posting juvenile threads is not a characteristic.

We need to get a TRoll stamp smiley..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
its not a troll stamp, buuuutttttt all i gotta say is:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Indeed!
The poster is pretending to be a research chemist on bb.com but has lurked on AM for years. I know a few research chemists and lurking and posting juvenile threads is not a characteristic.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Dont worry boys, Mashed Potato to the rescue!

From MP labs comes TROLL SPRAY!:

Contains:

10.2% L-dopa
45.3% MagicMartin Extract
0.7% Mullet Hair Particles
42.8% Lysol
1.01% Something else.

(microscopic view of Mullet Hair Particle)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Whoa - you greenies just got a bit different look.

(Sponsors used to have the same exact font as us gold members.)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whoa - you greenies just got a bit different look.

(Sponsors used to have the same exact font as us gold members.)
haha thats wat it was i thought something looked different for a sec...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Y'all don't know nothing about no trolls. Here they come to post up blather against other companies.

On BB.com - they come to post up gay pr0n.

Dalamara

Awards

Great post Mullet!
But this also generates a climate of fear where people who would otherwise post concerns about certain products keep quiet because they know they'll get swarmed. Just a thought ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Y'all don't know nothing about no trolls. Here they come to post up blather against other companies.

yea its dangerous over there sometimes..........

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established

True. Everyone here scared him off. He is telling eveyone on BB.com he is sticking with thier site. Probally because of all the yuppie GNC groupies over there.

Hope I did not offend anyone who may post over there.

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
All I know is that I'm on my fourth day of using Powerfull and by night # 3 my sleep was so sound that for the first time in years I didn't wake up to use the bathroom. Obviously something is working.
Hopefully you didnt wake up needing plastic matress covers?? Haha, I used Powerfull and even logged it here on AM (which is all banning together and teaching children to do their research). I had very good results with this product. . . .KEEP THEM COMING USP, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT ELSE YOU HAVE UP YOUR SLEEVES!!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's blasphemy Magic Martin ! I will kill for Powerfull since it's that good !

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
But this also generates a climate of fear where people who would otherwise post concerns about certain products keep quiet because they know they'll get swarmed. Just a thought ;)
It may seem like that, but this board will not attack a legit posting. A legit posting would entail solid evidence like Mullets posting, and then a well educated discussion would take place. A 4 sentance bashing ain't gonna cut it here.:whiner:

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Posting concerns are fine - It's when you label a thread, "Powerfull, full of sh!t," that gets people on the swarm. A civil discusion is great, but out right blasting a product isn't... Just a thought.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Posting concerns are fine - It's when you label a thread, "Powerfull, full of sh!t," that gets people on the swarm. A civil discusion is great, but out right blasting a product isn't... Just a thought.
Not only a product, but a proven product that has stood the test of time and critics put out by a company who has ONLY revolutionized with nearly every supplement released.

Its just a bad idea altogether ;)

We have many civil discussion about our products, and have witnessed other companies as well on AM.

But the obvious slanderous post is thrown to the Dogs.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
He would have received a positive response had he been smart enough to keep the offensive remarks to himself. It'd be nice if he would have been more respectful.

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established

i heard it was gay midget porn!