Anyone using Drive and or RPM before fasted cardio?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering how many people are using them this way....

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i started doing this the last 1.5 months before i came home for mid tour.

so far ive been told in the last 3 days ive been home that i look sooo much leaner then before i left.

funny thing is my scale reads higher then before i left

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have :) I was 6.5% a month ago in the Bod Pod- should be a good bit lower now....the combo is phenomenal for LBM gains and fat loss...

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
When you say Fasted Cardio, Do you mean on a empty stomach? If so I have and it works for me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have :) I was 6.5% a month ago in the Bod Pod- should be a good bit lower now....the combo is phenomenal for LBM gains and fat loss...
Nice. I am under 10% for the first time, but I still want to get lower. I have used RPM for fasted cardio, but not Drive.

jonnyp

jonnyp

Awards
I use drive for morning fasted cardio-good stuff, take it with some BCAAs

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i will say that i usually will take this with an amino acid drink

sometimes i can get some crazy acid reflux

but im old as **** so im sure age assists with that

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
OB you dusty ol' fart. Take some Cissus with it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
sorry for the huge bump but i've been thinking about doing fasted cardio. I'm also using RPM and DRIVE at the moment.

I take it i'd dose the rpm/drive on waking 60-90mins pre fasted cardio with some bcaa? I'd be using Purple Wraath or xtend. I'd prob chuck in some posidon too.

Straight after i've finished up the cardio i'd take a protein shake then a meal 30mins later

this sound alright? :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do. On days when I'm not doing resistance training after cardio; on those days I take my Drive/RPM just before I start cardio, during, or just after.

When I first started using Drive and RPM, on resistance training days I dosed pre-cardio AND pre-gym with the Drive (i.e. 2 caps at 0330 and 2 caps at 0500), but only dosed RPM pre-gym (i.e. at 0500), since I was also using other stimulant products (i.e. that contained yohimbine, dosed at 0315); on NON-resistance training days I dosed both Drive and RPM 60 min pre-cardio (i.e. at 0330).

I will actually be using this dosing timing again from Wednesday (except it will be ~80 min pre (because that is my sweet spot), instead of 60 min pre). It's great for endurance, speed endurance, and speed gains.

sorry for the huge bump but i've been thinking about doing fasted cardio. I'm also using RPM and DRIVE at the moment.

I take it i'd dose the rpm/drive on waking 60-90mins pre fasted cardio with some bcaa? I'd be using Purple Wraath or xtend. I'd prob chuck in some posidon too.

Straight after i've finished up the cardio i'd take a protein shake then a meal 30mins later

this sound alright? :)
If you don't do resistance training that day or you do your resistance training later in the day, then that sounds fine. You could also dose NeoVar immediately post-cardio with your protein shake and then have your meal 20-30 minutes later :)

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for bringing this back up.

Rosie, I know you are a very knowledgeable person on this, so here goes:

I have track practice at 7:45am and and I want to dose RPM (3 caps) 45min prior.

The problem is, I get up at 6:50am, and if I want to dose RPM, I want to do it on an empty stomach. But wouldn't it be detrimental to go to practice without eating?

I understand that it would be fine to do fasted cardio under moderate intensity, but my practice includes loads of anaerobic work such as sprinting and strength training right after that.

If you recommend eating something, how do i do so without blunting the effects of RPM? Should I consume a banana 30+ min after RPM?

Thanks Rosie! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for bringing this back up.

Rosie, I know you are a very knowledgeable person on this, so here goes:

I have track practice at 7:45am and and I want to dose RPM (3 caps) 45min prior.

The problem is, I get up at 6:50am, and if I want to dose RPM, I want to do it on an empty stomach. But wouldn't it be detrimental to go to practice without eating?

I understand that it would be fine to do fasted cardio under moderate intensity, but my practice includes loads of anaerobic work such as sprinting and strength training right after that.

If you recommend eating something, how do i do so without blunting the effects of RPM? Should I consume a banana 30+ min after RPM?

Thanks Rosie! :)
I'd personally train on an empty stomach, but that's just me. For most others, especially athletes, and in your situation, training fasted is not advisable if you're looking for performance enhancements for competition.

Dose RPM as soon as you get up, and then eat something LIGHT before your training - you don't need a huge meal, but something like protein and a mix of fast and slow sugars (your coach should really have you primed re pre-training and pre-competition nutrition). Even sit on an energy drink during practice or have BCAAs in your water bottle, or something.

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you Thank you Rosie!
No worries :)

You could always set your alarm for ~90 minutes pre-training and get up, take your RPM dose, and go back to sleep until your usual getting up time as well, and then have something ~15-20 minutes pre-training. Just a thought.

~Rosie~

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
No worries :)

You could always set your alarm for ~90 minutes pre-training and get up, take your RPM dose, and go back to sleep until your usual getting up time as well, and then have something ~15-20 minutes pre-training. Just a thought.

~Rosie~
my friend does this, he doses black cats then naps and when he wakes up he goes and trains lol