Looking to Bulk with Supercarb

ebpd201

Awards
I am looking for input on using Supercarb for a clean bulk. I have never used it, but would the following be an effective use of the product? I was thinking of adding ~125-200g. Supercarb, 20g. BCAA to one gallon of water and sipping on it through out the day. Thinking of also adding taurine, vit C, glutamine and psyllium (would like to add YG, but tastes horrible). Any other suggested additions would be appreciated.

My diet is pretty clean...
Meal 1: 6 Eggs, 30g. oats, whole wheat bread, fruit
PreWO: 10g. BCAA, 5g. Leucine, 50g. ground oats
PostWO: 10g. BCAA, 25g. Whey, 50g. groud oats
Meals 2-5,6: Either Chicken, Tuna, Salmon, Steak, Eggs (some Raw), Whey and Rice, Oats, Yams, Potato, Whole Wheat Bread, Fruit
Meal 6,7: Cottage Cheese, Whey, PB

I know solid food would be best option, but thought Supercarb may be more convenient, easier on the stomach (colitis) and claims to be lower GI (32) than what I eat now. I cycle on and off creatine, take Fish Oil, GTE, ALA, Multi daily. I'd describe myself as a lean hardgainer, 5'10" stuck at 190 lbs. Workouts are <1hr. low volume, high intensity and w/ no cardio. Any input appreciated, thanks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would add 50g of SC with BCAAs and then another 50g spread out in you meals.

ebpd201

Awards
Sounds good Rodja. May increase/decrease SC use from there, but I like your protocol. I wasnt sure if a gallon of water would've "held" that much powder anyway. Another quick question though directed towards an Avant rep, since SC is derived from sugar will it cause tooth decay similar to sugar? I got away from dextrose PWO for this reason. Thanks.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is not derived from sucrose, but I really don't know about the tooth decay part.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, just about anything is potentially corrosive to your teeth if you don't take care of them properly...

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Actually, it has been approved by the FDA as "Non-Cariogenic".

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just to clarify, "Cariogenic" means that it stimulates tooth decay.

Therefore, being "Non-Cariogenic", SuperCARB "is not fermented by oral bacteria to an extent sufficient to lower dental plaque pH to levels that would contribute to the erosion of dental enamel".

So to the OP, SuperCARB would be a great substitute for dextrose in this situation.