Protein OR BCAA

bigsteveo

Awards
I am trying to figure out which is better. If I can have only one bulk product, Protein or BCAA, (because I catch HELL for having 5lb tubs of protein in the pantry) which is better. I can't find a definate answer, and I'm not sure there really is. I know in the protein there is a decent amount of Amino Acids. By the WHEY, nice one, I am taking the Cinnimon Bun Isolate from ALL THE WHEY and it is AWESOME!!! Tastes great. Thanks

bigsteveo

Awards
I have to say. I am just starting to get back into it hard core, and there is no other place I would go for info. Just finished drive/rpm stack and getting ready to start dcp/lev reloaded/igf2 stack. I have posted a couple of other stupid questions in the past and you all have been awesome. Thanks

bigsteveo

Awards
Would it be totally idiotic to do protein while cutting? If not, should I expect not quality cutting results. I only do a shake after workout, and maybe one as a snack.

rubberchicken

Awards
Would it be totally idiotic to do protein while cutting? If not, should I expect not quality cutting results. I only do a shake after workout, and maybe one as a snack.
Not at all. The biggest factor will be your diet and training. One shake after a workout will not make or break you.

You should expect quality results if your diet is sound regardless of what supplements you are taking.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Depends on you daily caloric intake without the protein if you really need it (basically you dont have enough time to eat a small meal) then go for it. Personally i'm a whole foods kinda guy i get everything i need from foods lol im just not a big fan of protein powder (with the exception of a Isopure RTD every once in a while)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
IMO, they're completely different. You need protein all the time IMO, as our diets severy lack what we, as bodybuilders, need everyday. So, in my case, protein is priceless.

BCAA's are mostly known for their anti catabolic benefits, meaning they prevent muscle loss during a cut. A lot of bodybuilders use BCAA's during their workout to prevent this, as you know, glycogen is gone really fast during a weight session, and a BCAA drink will help your body not to reach for energy from muscles.

So, final answer, protein. :)

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
IMO, they're completely different. You need protein all the time IMO, as our diets severy lack what we, as bodybuilders, need everyday. So, in my case, protein is priceless.

BCAA's are mostly known for their anti catabolic benefits, meaning they prevent muscle loss during a cut. A lot of bodybuilders use BCAA's during their workout to prevent this, as you know, glycogen is gone really fast during a weight session, and a BCAA drink will help your body not to reach for energy from muscles.

So, final answer, protein. :)
nice response!