Personal feelings about a few products

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone, I'm new to this place, but it looks very informative =]. My stats and everything are located in my profile, and I'm looking for a few solid supplement suggestions. I just had a few questions on personal feelings about some supplements in general, the majority of them found in Nutraplanet. I'm going to list off a few products that I'm considering for use, I just wanted to know how everyone felt about their effectiveness.

Incarnate, by Palo Alto Labs. The product claims to be a "fast twitch muscle amplifier", which is imperative for a high school wide reciever, such as myself (vertical, acceleration, change of direction, etc.) Are these claims found to be true, or are they bs? I was really wowed by this product and I'd be very let down if their assertions weren't founded.

Drive, by Applied Nutriceuticals. They say "DRIVE by Applied Nutriceuticals is simply the most versatile performance-enhancing sports supplement available. Whether it’s packing an inch of girth on your arms or shaving a second off your best time, DRIVE provides the goods to help you get there." How do you all feel about how it puts on mass (imperative to an ecto/mesomorph like myself), and, if you tested your speed afterward, did you notice an increase in explosion/quickness? I heard it works well when stacked with RPM (and from an external source other than the same company ;] ); any personal experiences you're willing to shed some light on?

Promagnon 25, by Peak Performance. I heard this product was discontinued. Did it yield results for anyone?

Epidrol, by Genera Supplements. The product claims a 57-pound increase on Bench Press is AVERAGE among users who have been taking the product for 6 weeks! That's crazy! Is it true? It also allegedly packs on a common 7-15 pounds of muscle in just six weeks, none of it coming from water retention, and ups your training intensity. Any feedback on this product?

17-HD, by Vyotech. I guess it elevates free testosterone and is a really solid, relatively easy-to-purchase product, in that it's sold at GNC. Any personal experiences with this?

Lastly, Gakic by MuscleTech. Lol...I know how everyone feels about MT products and how overpriced & hyped they are, but I've heard some genuinely good experiences and results by people who used this product. Can anyone reinforce that?

That's about it for now, I'm curious as to what your guys' experiences are. Thanks =]

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Incarnate, Drive, and EpiDrol are outstanding, but the Epi is a PS and needs to researched before it is run. The others are not worth their salt.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Incarnate, Drive, and EpiDrol are outstanding, but the Epi is a PS and needs to researched before it is run. The others are not worth their salt.
^ Rodja is one of few to trust around here.

skunkman

Awards
Hey everyone, I'm new to this place, but it looks very informative =]. My stats and everything are located in my profile, and I'm looking for a few solid supplement suggestions. I just had a few questions on personal feelings about some supplements in general, the majority of them found in Nutraplanet. I'm going to list off a few products that I'm considering for use, I just wanted to know how everyone felt about their effectiveness.

Incarnate, by Palo Alto Labs. The product claims to be a "fast twitch muscle amplifier", which is imperative for a high school wide reciever, such as myself (vertical, acceleration, change of direction, etc.) Are these claims found to be true, or are they bs? I was really wowed by this product and I'd be very let down if their assertions weren't founded.

Drive, by Applied Nutriceuticals. They say "DRIVE by Applied Nutriceuticals is simply the most versatile performance-enhancing sports supplement available. Whether it’s packing an inch of girth on your arms or shaving a second off your best time, DRIVE provides the goods to help you get there." How do you all feel about how it puts on mass (imperative to an ecto/mesomorph like myself), and, if you tested your speed afterward, did you notice an increase in explosion/quickness? I heard it works well when stacked with RPM (and from an external source other than the same company ;] ); any personal experiences you're willing to shed some light on?

Promagnon 25, by Peak Performance. I heard this product was discontinued. Did it yield results for anyone?

Epidrol, by Genera Supplements. The product claims a 57-pound increase on Bench Press is AVERAGE among users who have been taking the product for 6 weeks! That's crazy! Is it true? It also allegedly packs on a common 7-15 pounds of muscle in just six weeks, none of it coming from water retention, and ups your training intensity. Any feedback on this product?

17-HD, by Vyotech. I guess it elevates free testosterone and is a really solid, relatively easy-to-purchase product, in that it's sold at GNC. Any personal experiences with this?

Lastly, Gakic by MuscleTech. Lol...I know how everyone feels about MT products and how overpriced & hyped they are, but I've heard some genuinely good experiences and results by people who used this product. Can anyone reinforce that?

That's about it for now, I'm curious as to what your guys' experiences are. Thanks =]

Do they let 26 year olds play high school football?

If in fact you are in high school, products such as epidrol should be avoided. Actually anything thats going to screw up your natural hormone production should be avoided.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Do they let 26 year olds play high school football?

If in fact you are in high school, products such as epidrol should be avoided. Actually anything thats going to screw up your natural hormone production should be avoided.
Hilarious catch right there man.... I saw the age 26 but missed the high school reference. LOL

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
lol..also a 2 second search would gave you all the answer you were looking for big guy....

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
tgass

tgass

Awards
I think it would be a good idea for you to try Clout+Swell or Clout+Body Octane. Should be great for you to put on some mass and help with performance...

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I have tried and give flying colors to:

1. Epidrol
2. Drive

The others may or may not work, I just haven't tried them. I trust Palo Alto!

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Look on the Brightside, Your sixteen, You still have puberty and growth spurts, your natural Test should be through the roof.
EAT SLEEP TRAIN. :squat:

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'll steer clear of the Epidrol. In regards to my age...I don't know what happened. I guess I clicked 1981 instead of 1991. Huh.

As for the sleep/eat/train your ass off, believe me, I've tried that for the past few months w/o any supplements, and yielded meager results due to my frustrating bodytype, which is why I'm just asking. I think I'll give Incarnate a shot, though- the general consensus seems to be Palo Alto rocks, and it's only $25 for 180 right now, might as well take a shot.

Thanks for the info, any other suggestions?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
So are you still a high school wide receiver?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look on the Brightside, Your sixteen, You still have puberty and growth spurts, your natural Test should be through the roof.
EAT SLEEP TRAIN. :squat:
Absolutely man, few supplements can compete with the test/GH typhoon of puberty.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I got confused You are 16. Yeah you want to stay away from anything hormonal. Promag, Epi are No-No's. And 17-hd Is overpriced GNC bunk. Gakic is over priced. Incarnate and drive might be O.K.
I would not even buy protein, or powders from GNC. Go to Nutraplanet.com. Cheaper and shipping is not outrageous.
All you really need is time my friend. It seems like you're never going to have any size right now but you will. Stay committed, Work hard, Train right, Eat right and you will be bigger than any of us.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got confused You are 16. Yeah you want to stay away from anything hormonal. Promag, Epi are No-No's. And 17-hd Is overpriced GNC bunk. Gakic is over priced. Incarnate and drive might be O.K.
I would not even buy protein, or powders from GNC. Go to Nutraplanet.com. Cheaper and shipping is not outrageous.
All you really need is time my friend. It seems like you're never going to have any size right now but you will. Stay committed, Work hard, Train right, Eat right and you will be bigger than any of us.
GNC is for the un-elect, hit I up NP, seriously.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Yeah dude protein is probably the only supplement you need.
Check out either:
Nutraplanet.com
Allthewhey.com
Trueprotein.com (discount code PKM142 to save 5%)
These are all board sponsors and great companies.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I generally avoid GNC, and instead buy 100% premium whey by Body Fortress. I think it's a legitimate and solid product- only $14 for roughly 14 servings, has 52g's of protein and 8 grams of BCAA's. Easy to mix too, but it's kinda hard to choke down, which I don't really have a problem with; after all, it's going to be gone in 5 minutes anyway. Thanks for the encouragement =]

What does your diet look like?
High carb/high cal/high protein, relatively low in fat. Lots of Tuna, Cheese, and Thomas Bagel Bread. Mmmm.

Also, the market is so incredibly flooded with things that the company claims will rip your face off with the training intensity the product will bring. What do you guys think is the best? I've heard clout is good (muscle hardening and mass), as tgmass stated earlier, NO Xplode, and tons of other effective things. Probably not going to take anything, as I've really no problems with my energy during workouts (except when sick, as of late :(), but just for a good indication I'd like to see what people think. Thanks again :cool:

skunkman

Awards
Look into Cordygen5 by MST. That along with Clout will give quite the edge. Training is the biggest factor for strength. The supps should really help with endurance.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Yeah dude protein is probably the only supplement you need.
Check out either:
Nutraplanet.com
Allthewhey.com
Trueprotein.com (discount code PKM142 to save 5%)
These are all board sponsors and great companies.
Currently taking 100% Premium Whey Protein by Body Fortress because of a somewhat tight budget (can buy it at the local walmart, even though it's a moral battle even walking into the store), and I'm pretty happy with it. Thanks for the input though =]

skunkman

Awards
I'm guessing the "Increase Testosterone!" claim effects test. indirectly, then? Looks interesting, thanks for the tip.
I couldn't find anything in there ads about "increase testosterone!" in the wright up it talks about a study done by the Chinese claiming that it may increase leydig cell test production. That is defiantly not one of the main selling points. It is a natural endurance product comprised of specific mushroom extracts. I t should be safe but better safe than sorry.

What are you trying to accomplish by taking these supps?

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I definitely want to work on leg strength, quickness, vertical jump, as well as pack on some lean pounds, because 165 is way to small if you're 6'2". Mainly, I want a supplement that can aid in mass and overall strength, because I can work on the quickness and vertical on my own (might supp. w/ Drive and Incarnate; those seem pretty legit.)

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info everyone, think I'm going to try a Drive/RPM/Incarnate stack. Still open to suggestions, though.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
Thanks for the info everyone, think I'm going to try a Drive/RPM/Incarnate stack. Still open to suggestions, though.
i do not think drive/rpm are suitable for a 16 yr old kid...

i think if youre using anything other than creatine/protein then youre selling yourself short. there is NO LIMIT to the end of your athletic performance at 16, you have the ability now to physically change your body in ways you wont be able to do naturally for the rest of your life... if you start relying on supplements to give you your edge at 16, youre never going to get anywhere athletically speaking... because you wont know your natural limits. you'll never be able to say you pushed yourself to the absolute peak.

i think youre just lazy...

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
It's not a work ethic problem at all. If that's your opinion, you can stick to it- I'm trying to find the best things to supplement my training in vertical jump and quickness. I've poured hours into researching & performing the best programs I could find to aid myself, and I'm looking to play football in college. If a few bucks on supplements and a few extra hours on the practice field will wind up earning me a scholarship, then I'll be damned if I don't take every opportunity I can. If you think I'm lazy, fine... I know how hard I work and, frankly your criticism is off base. You don't know me or my training regiment, so before you pass your judgment off on someone you've never met before, send me a PM and try to get to know me beforehand.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
It's not a work ethic problem at all. If that's your opinion, you can stick to it- I'm trying to find the best things to supplement my training in vertical jump and quickness. I've poured hours into researching & performing the best programs I could find to aid myself, and I'm looking to play football in college. If a few bucks on supplements and a few extra hours on the practice field will wind up earning me a scholarship, then I'll be damned if I don't take every opportunity I can. If you think I'm lazy, fine... I know how hard I work and, frankly your criticism is off base. You don't know me or my training regiment, so before you pass your judgment off on someone you've never met before, send me a PM and try to get to know me beforehand.

those supplements are not going to make the difference between you getting a scholarship and not... i ASSURE you. your money would be better invested in some private strength and conditioning coaching.

i think you just need to eat, sleep and bust your ass and you will be fine... save the supplements for when you get older and actually need them.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough, but protein would probably still be a good idea at $1/serving, though, unless my powder (as earlier mentioned) is bs.

As a matter of fact, our school just provided for us a Master Military Drill Instructor or something...thought he'd be a loudmouth, never satisfied type, but he's actually a cool and personable guy. Workouts are much harder than in recent years. I guess that kind of takes care of the private instructor by itself.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
Fair enough, but protein would probably still be a good idea at $1/serving, though, unless my powder (as earlier mentioned) is bs.
a good quality protein supplement is always a great investment... 1$/serving is about average, but you can get a little lower.

proper nutrient timing might be something you want to read up on if you havent already.

also i really think you should talk to your rents about getting atleast a few meetings with a s&c coach (someone highly recommended, maybe specific to your sport) who will be able to work with you.. your strengths, weaknesses, etc... and set up a program unique to you.

reading on the internet will never rival what you'll get from a good 1on1 coach

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

In terms of training, your best bet in increasing vertical jump is Pyo's and SAQ drills for quickness & agility. Plyo's and SAQ's will effect your vert and agility more then anything you can do with weights.

About your Military Drill Instructor. Working out hard isn't the same as working out right for your sport. Is he versed in sports performance or just conditining? Do you know? Cause military workouts have much more to do with conditioning and much less to do with acutally improving football performance.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
True, and right now we're just conditioning (as football season doesn't kick off for a few more months). Plyo's are definitely a staple to explosion...I've used 3 different programs, and am currently on the Vertical Jump Bible by Kelly Baggett. Anything by Luke Lowrey, including this bs "Adenotrex" supplement, is nothing to trust. I've completed about 8 weeks of Air Alert II, and my uncle had sent me a book on alternative plyo/quickness drills to add to the routine. Right now my post-lift workout consists of leg curls, deadlifts, squats, weighted calf raises, slalom jumps, star jumps, low-squat ankle-jumps, stuff like that. I think I'm secure with how the program is going so far, but I'd still like to look up alternate quickness training. I've researched Sparq drills and Nike drills, purchased cones and ankle weights, and threw my own workout together (which may have been effective itself, just didn't seem professional enough), so I'd love if anyone could submit a solid quickness workout that is proven to yield results. I used to do W-Drills, two-in-two-outs, figure 8's and the like, and I'd be curious to find some new methods.

As for a personal coach, how much money would that typically run/session. I hear they're pretty pricey.=/

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have a Velocity Sports where you live?

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
No, evidently we do not. I checked the site locations and there are none within 50 miles. Free trial even says you must go to the place...I was hoping for a printable pamphlet or something =[