Why not "Methyl-Hydro-Proteins"?

JBerto

Awards
  • Established
Probably a dumb question:eek:, but all we know that some PH are methylated to elude degradation, so protein couldn't be methylated too??

Hydrolyzed protein is the fast absorbing protein. Protein "breaks" into Aminoacids. So, if we want the fastest protein posible (for intra-workout, for example), then the best would be Methylated-Hydrolyzed-Aminos :think:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Uh, from what I've browsed over on this forum here, Methylation plays hell on your liver. I wouldn't want to pop milk thistle or anything with every protien shake. My liver does enough for me as it is.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
i don't think protein is degraded by the liver.

someone with a better education than me please chime in :)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe you can hydrolize amino acids because when something is Hydrolized that means it is partailly digested and broken down. Free form aminos don't need to be broken down any further because they are in there simpliest form.
And methyl aminos, I dunno but i personally like my liver so I would not really see any benefit to that either.

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
Methylation prevents breakdown by the liver. Proteins NEED to be broken down into amino acids. Amino acids don't need to be broken down.
So methylation is useless in both cases.

JBerto

Awards
  • Established