Carbohydrates for Cardio - AnabolicMinds.com

Carbohydrates for Cardio

1. Senior Member

Carbohydrates for Cardio

Before I make any more random purchases, I'd like to hear your opinion on a good carbohydrate source before a cardio session or an endurance session.

With the majority of my cardio sessions coming in the early mornings, I'm having a difficult time a) finding a meal that digests quickly, and b) putting it down rather than forcing it down(not a big appetite in the mornings usually). Lately I've tried some meals such as a bagel, pasta, things like that.

The options I'm considering has been the powdered carbohydrates, but I'm looking moreso towards endurance benefits rather than vascularity effects... so I'm not clear where to look. Supercarb, waxy maize starch, and a few others come to mind, but I cannot decide if they fit the job. Currently using AP and P-Slin as well.

I'd like to also add that I ALWAYS eat before a cardio session. Some of my sessions last fairly long, and going in without breakfast just isn't an option for me. I lag bad without food, and I'd be launching myself into an immensly catabolic state. So far, my normal meal (after I force it down) digests in around 60 minutes, and sometimes I still end up pitstopping for the bathroom. For anyone who has experience that during any sort of session, you know how frustrating that is!

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

2. Board Sponsor

I would definitely have to go with SuperCarb for endurance purposes like this. SuperCarb will give you a sustained stream of glucose for a steady energy supply as opposed to the super quick absorption of WMS and other regular sugars.

Check this out, written by Rodja:

http://avantresearch.com/node/43
  3. Senior Member

Thanks for the reply Rpen.

Definitly interested in trying this, as it's simple and will be an easy meal to consistantly stick to in the morning. Would this be a sufficient source for an extended session? Or would it be best if combined with another carbohydrate as a base source, such as bread/pasta. Just wondering how long it will last for fuel.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Rpen.

Definitly interested in trying this, as it's simple and will be an easy meal to consistantly stick to in the morning. Would this be a sufficient source for an extended session? Or would it be best if combined with another carbohydrate as a base source, such as bread/pasta. Just wondering how long it will last for fuel.
    It should be very well sufficient. It's very low glycemic(~32) and it is absorbed quite slowly.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    It should be very well sufficient. It's very low glycemic(~32) and it is absorbed quite slowly.
    Delicious.

Should have PM'd you instead of making this thread! Ha
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Exercise bike for cardio
    By KingMeso in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 01:02 PM
  2. Punching bag for cardio
    By EasyEJL in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 11:46 AM
  3. what equipment is best for cardio?
    By goes4ever in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 12:33 PM
  4. Is IGF-1 good for cardio and endourance as well?
    By Boxing4Life in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 06:55 PM
  5. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 11:05 PM