I really need to gain 40lbs and I'll do whatever it takes, and I need some help

Voltrain

Awards
I wrestled all through out high school and I lifted weights. When I got to college I wasn't able to walk on the wrestling team, I still lifted weights and basically maintained all the muscle and strength I had. Well today I had a talk with one of the assistant coaches of my school's team and he told me that there would be a spot on the team waiting for me if I can gain 40lbs by the middle of September. Even though I'm just mostly going to be warming the bench I really really want to be on the team.

I'm willing to work as hard as it takes and spend any amount of money that I have to. My diet and training are already in check and I'm familiar with all the basic supplements like whey, creatine mono, multi, bcaa, fish oil, etc.

So what can I do to help me reach my goal ?

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Post up your diet and I'm sure people can help you reach your goals. Look in the bulking section and find out what people are doing.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Good luck because that's gonna cost you a lot (literally and figuratively). You need tons of food, intense training, and great genetics ( which you can't buy :( ). I'd look into creatine, AP, Activate, ATD, Mass FX if you're going steroid free.

Questions:

Are you a hard gainer ?

How much do you weigh ?

How much have you gained since you started ?

What's your previous experience with different training styles ?

Voltrain

Awards
I'm 5'7 160lbs at about 10% body fat. I've been lifting for about 4 years (wasn't always trying to gain weight)

I don't think I'm a hard gainer

I've gained about 40lbs since I started

I'm already taking whey, multi vitamins, fish oil, basic creatine mono, and bcaa
I'm not sure what's meant by different training styles. I just focus on compound lifts and lift heavy.

My diet consists of milk, eggs, whey, chicken breast, brown rice, wheat bread, oats, fruit, beef, fish oil, and peanut butter. And I eat 3000 calories a day.

And I really don't care what this costs me. I'd be willing to spend 8 hours a day working out in the gym if I thought it would help me and I don't mind spending all my money on supplements that will help me reach my goal. I know the supplements I'm already taking are good supplements but I don't think they'll allow me to reach my goal.

penn21

penn21

Awards
What school are you attending? I dont see why they would want you at 200lbs to be a college wrestler. 160-180 would be good because you would have better quickness and agility. It would be realllllly hard to gain 40 in that amount of time. It also seems stupid of your coaches to want that

penn21

penn21

Awards
I say this because most college wrestlers i see on TV are very lanky,cut and fast

penn21

penn21

Awards
If your really wanting to do this. Run only twice a week. start out at 3500 calories per day. Then add 200 more calories to that each week after you start. Do that until you can not eat anymore lol. get in around 200-220 grams of protein per day and plenty of fats. Get weight gainer that provides around 1500 cals per serving. Dont think fast food is an easy fix for calories. You will be out of shape before you know it. I was able to gain around 25lbs from this routine in about 5 months.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You don't need to spend 8 hours a day in the gym. One hour is enough if you train with the right intensity. Focus on TUT and compound movements. Increase your calories to 4K. You don't need to blow tons of $$$ on supplements. Get some protein or MRP's if you're on the go very often and can't bring meals with you. Focus more on your diet then your supplement regiment and you'll be better off in the long run. For now take some creatine, fish oil, multi, maybe AP and a natty test booster of your choice. Good luck bro.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, you should probably switch to doggcrapp training. it really seems to be the best plan out for putting on mass.

As for supplements, look at Anabolic Xtreme's line. the new Mass FX looks great, and using it with hyperdrol would probably raise your weight pretty fast. ALRI's Bad Ass Mass and Pro-Anabol are good supplements for increasing mass. Possibly using those two with Activate Xtreme would make a great stack.

If you want to use some hormonal compounds, Havoc/Epistane seem to have relatively few side effects. Also when 3-AD and Superdrol-NG come out, they could probably be used instead.

X-Factor (also available in Bulk at Nutraplanet) can be stacked with pretty much anything.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
40lbs in around 6 months isn't to bad, thats like what 7-8pds a month. Just make sure to keep checking your weight every month.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I am just assuming this means 40lbs in general right ? If you are referring to 40lbs of actual muscle and no fat, then forget about it.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I am just assuming this means 40lbs in general right ? If you are referring to 40lbs of actual muscle and no fat, then forget about it.
I would hope so. If there is a way to put on 40lbs of muscle in 6 months I would like to know. I'd pay good money for something if it could do that :p

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I would hope so. If there is a way to put on 40lbs of muscle in 6 months I would like to know. I'd pay good money for something if it could do that :p
3g test/week
HGH
a month of D-Bol

That should put on around 20-25lb.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Hm, Grunt76 put on 35lbs in 8 weeks. Here's his protocol:

Week 1: Test prop 700mg, Test Cyp 1,400mg, NPP 700mg, Dbol 40mg ED
Week 2: Test prop 700mg, Test Cyp 1,400mg, NPP 700mg, Dbol 60mg ED
Week 3: Test prop 350mg, Test Cyp 1,400mg, NPP 700mg, Dbol 80mg ED
Week 4: Test Cyp 1,400mg, NPP 700mg
Week 5: Test Cyp 1,400mg, NPP 700mg
Week 6: Test Cyp 1,400mg, NPP 700mg, Superdrol 20-30mg ED
Week 7: Test Cyp 1,400mg, NPP 700mg, Superdrol 20-40mg ED
Week 8: Test Cyp 700mg, NPP 700mg, Superdrol 30-40mg ED

Maybe it CAN be done after all.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised that no one jumped on this sooner. 40lbs by Sept ? What are you, Christian Bale getting ready for Batman coming off of 'The Machinist' ?
nice ava... takes me back to the 90's

Can he put on 40lbs... sure

but no way it will be lean. he'd end up losing half his flexibility and mobility... and wouldn't have established the strength (muscle mass) of someone in that weight class who is under 8% fat.

Not realistic without AAS..

HHHTheGame

Awards
Not to be a jerk or anything, but I think the coach is screwing with you. You post that you are 22. My guess is this is your last year of college (give or take). You REALLY don't want to pack on that poundage for a year. 10 years from now you'll barely be able to remember the name of 5 of your professors. Trust me! Hell, I don't even remember ONE of my professors' names and I've only been out for 13 years!

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
Though I agree with with HHHTheGame, here is what you would need to do:

To put on 40 lbs (you didn't specify that it needs to be all muscle, which is impossible)

You have approximately 210 days between then and now.
40 lbs into 210 days is 1 lb gain ever 5.25 days.
1 lb = 3500 excess calories.
So, you need to eat 3500 extra calories every 5.25 days. Thats 666 extra calories a day.

Since your current maintenance calories are around 2315, you need to eat 3000 calories consistently (assuming working out 3 days a week). If you do any cardio, you need to make up for those burnt calories with additional food.

Just note: At the end of this, you will probably be at 200 lbs and 23% bodyfat. (assuming you put on around 10 lbs of muscle)

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
40lbs in six months........Beer and weed. The munchies will have you eating an extra 5000 cals a day. you'll look like crap but you'll get big.:hot:

Voltrain

Awards
The reason he wants me to gain the weight is because of an opening in that weight class next season. And I meant to say middle of October, not September. It doesn't all have to be muscle but I'd prefer most of it to be muscle, maybe like 30lbs if that's possible. If not, then what is the most amount of muscle I could gain by October 15th assuming that I work hard and I use all the recommended supps no matter the cost. I don't want to use steroids though

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
40lbs in six months........Beer and weed. The munchies will have you eating an extra 5000 cals a day. you'll look like crap but you'll get big.:hot:
Always solving peoples problems with the most practical answer. I like it.:drunk:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The reason he wants me to gain the weight is because of an opening in that weight class next season. And I meant to say middle of October, not September. It doesn't all have to be muscle but I'd prefer most of it to be muscle, maybe like 30lbs if that's possible. If not, then what is the most amount of muscle I could gain by October 15th assuming that I work hard and I use all the recommended supps no matter the cost. I don't want to use steroids though
20 lbs of solid LBM would be amazing. You also have to factor in that you need to be adding the mass while still incorporating wrestling into your routine, otherwise it will just slow you down.

HHHTheGame

Awards
and let's not forget the all of the time you need to spend on the REAL reason you are at college.....

meet women!!!!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Depending on how strict your diet is and how good your genetics are, you probably will hit 10lbs of lean muscle. 10lbs is pushing it. This is without anabolics. No offense, but anyone else telling you otherwise else that you could put on more than that without anabolics or fat is telling you crap.

Realistically, if I were you, I'd be happy with 10lbs, but in reality, maybe 8-9lbs is what will happen.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
eat your ass off. don't bother going to the gym. sit at home and eat and eat and eat. food will put weight on you the fastest.

Voltrain

Awards
I did some research and I read about a lot of people who claimed to have gained like 10lbs of muscle doing a 2 month x-factor/activate cycle or similiar results doing a mass fx/hyperdrol cycle. So is that all BS ?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I did some research and I read about a lot of people who claimed to have gained like 10lbs of muscle doing a 2 month x-factor/activate cycle or similiar results doing a mass fx/hyperdrol cycle. So is that all BS ?
No probably not but the question is Did they keep it? You can gain 5lbs tomorrow if you drink a gallon of water and don't pee. As far as Quality Lean Muscle Mass, There is no magic pill. It's Exercise, Diet, Rest, Time.

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
Yes. They may have gained 10 lbs, but only 2 lbs of it was muscle.

Realistically, if I were you, I'd be happy with 10lbs, but in reality, maybe 8-9lbs is what will happen.
ReaperX is 100% right. Fortunately, if you put 10 lbs of muscle on, and 5 lbs of fat, it will probably look like 15 lbs of muscle, since you are in the 10% bodyfat range.

It will take at least 3 years of dedicated training to get to 30 lbs of muscle. But 30 lbs of muscle is a LOT of muscle. See www.johnstonefitness.com. He put on just a tad over 30 lbs of muscle over 3 or 4 years and he looks diesel.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Btw, if you were willing to do whatever it takes you'd get on gear which you stated you are not willing to. So the title of this thread is mislabeled.

I'd say, f- wrestling and enjoy your college career.

npinto1

Awards
Eat midgets for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Hahaha. I almost pissed myself when I read that!. :toofunny:

Could I gain 40lbs muscle too by eating midgets? If so, what should i look for in carbs, protein, fat etc... and how many daily.:toofunny:

20yrs old
164lbs.
5'8 @ around 12% bf.
Max bench = 215x1.5

HHHTheGame

Awards
The general idea here is stop what you're doing, THINK about what you're trying to do, and move on. A year or two from now you are going to look back and think, "Good lord, what in the world was I thinking?!" Just like the tagline here says, 'Learn Teach Lead'. Take it from us who HAVE been in your situation and have grown up. Be smart. Don't do it. The coach is probably screwing with you.

Do this. Don't think about this AT ALL this weekend. Go out with your friends (and don't even talk about it). Have a great time and realize your life can't get any better than it is right now.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
~ Fundamental Guidelines ~
  • Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

• Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

• Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

• Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

• Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

• Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

• Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc
~ Exercises ~
  • Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

• Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

• Leg press

• Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

• Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.
This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!

Here's some links to get you started:

Training Primer

HIIT High Intensity Interval Cardio Training

Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version

Bodybuilding Nutrition - Sample Bodybuilding Diet

The Training Information Vault (programs, exercises and more) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Anabolic Diet | Sample Bodybuilders Diet

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
40 lbs is a tall order, you need some test and dbol!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can gain 40 pounds no problem, you could do it in 1.5 months easy. It won't be all muscle though. I'm sure some will be muscle. It is not healthy to gain weight that fast and it would be slopy water weight + fat+ some muscle.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
mass fx/hyperdrolx2 is hype as far as adding weight goes

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
This sounds silly to me.
They want a 5'7" 200lb wrestler to occupy a spot on the bench? Why?
Every wrestler I've ever known (like 3, lol) is always trying to lose weight. Closer to 5'7" 100lb.
Without doing any research, I'm guessing that most wrestlers in a 200lb weight class are much taller than 5'7".
Now if you really are shooting for the WWE, I might understand.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
This sounds silly to me.
They want a 5'7" 200lb wrestler to occupy a spot on the bench? Why?
Every wrestler I've ever known (like 3, lol) is always trying to lose weight. Closer to 5'7" 100lb.
Without doing any research, I'm guessing that most wrestlers in a 200lb weight class are much taller than 5'7".
Now if you really are shooting for the WWE, I might understand.
that is exactly what i am thinking. what wrestler trys to GAIN 40lbs? that is an extremly rare event.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Why would you do anything it takes to get a spot on a bench? After putting on all of that weight so fast, you would be a terrible wrestler.

I just don't understand what there is to be gained from this.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why would you do anything it takes to get a spot on a bench? After putting on all of that weight so fast, you would be a terrible wrestler.

High Blood Pressure! Yeah!
Problems breathing! YEAH!

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established

8lbs LBM + 32lbs KFC

timmay8989

Awards
totally different idea. instead of trying to fit into that open spot by putting on a ton of fat, why not bust your ass in the weightroom and on the mat and be the best wrestler you can be? Im assuming this team has wrestleoffs. work your ass off and win a spot onto the team. think about it, is the coach really gonna want you if you show up in september 40 lbs heavier but your cant hang through the first period?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I grew up with wrestlers. From the eighth grade till I was a senior we won state. Five years in a row. NEVER did I ever hear the coach say or a wrestler try to GAIN weight. Your coach is high. 40lbs is a nice way of telling you " Kid you ain't gonna wrestle next year"

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I forgot the professional football weight gaining protocol. All you have to do is eat a dozen jelly donuts every morning, on top of 1500 cal above maintainence. You may actually be able to do it, won't be pretty but hey. Now start pounding the donuts!

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
I grew up with wrestlers. From the eighth grade till I was a senior we won state. Five years in a row. NEVER did I ever hear the coach say or a wrestler try to GAIN weight. Your coach is high. 40lbs is a nice way of telling you " Kid you ain't gonna wrestle next year"
Seconded.