Grape Seed Extract!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well now that Nutraplanet is carrying this, I was thinking about taking some with the 50% bulk Icariin for a testosterone booster. It might be useful in some people's Post-Cycle Therapy with their SERM.

How do you guys feel about either 1g of each once a day, or 500mg of each twice per day? The grape seed extract should increase the potentcy of the Icariin.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i'd do 500mg twice per day. good idea.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well now that Nutraplanet is carrying this, I was thinking about taking some with the 50% bulk Icariin for a testosterone booster. It might be useful in some people's Post-Cycle Therapy with their SERM.

How do you guys feel about either 1g of each once a day, or 500mg of each twice per day? The grape seed extract should increase the potentcy of the Icariin.
1g of 50% Icariin (=500mg active) daily, split in two doses, should be fine. I would not go beyond this, though. You do not want to overdose icariin. Keep some fish oil handy, just in case your joints start to feel dry, and so on.

The usual recommendation for grape seed extract is about 100mg of polyphenolic compounds (proanthocyanidins; OPC-precursors such as catechin and epicatechin; and gallic acid). Doing three times this amount (equivalent to about 300mg of NutraPlanet Grape Seed Extract) daily, split in two doses of 150mg each should be fine. Your proposed 1g (=950mg of actives in NutraPlanet Grape Seed Extract) appears to be on the high side. Just my $0.02.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
are you using the Grapeseed for AI purposes?
thanks
Actually when I thought of that formulation I had mixed up Grape Seed Extract with Naringin. I decided to mix some NAC, Milk Thistle and GSE into some caps to help with liver support. The GSE is a super-powerful antioxidant that I felt would give it a bit of an extra kick to go along with Green Tea Extract, Vit C etc.

I got the idea of Icariin + Naringin from drive. For AI purposes , Neo made a really good FAQ's on Topical Formestane that looks interesting.

LAC

LAC

Awards
thanks
but since GSE is in RPM, do you think i can count on some AI effects from the GrapeSeed?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks
but since GSE is in RPM, do you think i can count on some AI effects from the GrapeSeed?
Some studies have some the AI properties (eg. Grape seed extract is an aromatase inhibitor and a...[Cancer Res. 2006] - PubMed Result "GSE was found to inhibit aromatase activity in a dose-dependent manner"

There are more studies along that line, so yes you could count on some AI effects. Are you dosing GSE only from RPM or did you buy some of the new bulk?

Hopefully strag /AppNuts stop by and add to that. Also found this site Health News for Men with a quote from Polliquin about GSE mentioning its AI properties.

LAC

LAC

Awards
I'd like to get the bulk powder. Use it for a mild yet effective AI.
thanks for the info

LAC

LAC

Awards
from where are you getting the Naringin?
is it bulk?
thanks

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
from where are you getting the Naringin?
is it bulk?
thanks
I initally was thinking GSE = Naringin in a morning daze, but then I woke up some and realized it wasn't. I don't know a source of naringin, sorry. You could hassle Stryder, he got us the coleus and GSE and is working on lots of other bulks. We've been hammering away on requests for ages, and eventually they find a supplier. I hope we find one for Nettle soon!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are interested in Naringin (used in both RPM and Drive) as a stand-alone ergogenic, you can contact rms80 via PM. Depending on his work schedule, he might be able to offer you some. For technical (machine-capping/product-run) reasons, though, I believe the minimum quantity would be 300 capsules. He would advise you of the price.

SupremeSE

SupremeSE

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stack Grape Seed Extract with AndroGenerator and you will send your testosterone levels to the very EDGE of the normal physiological range. www.AndroGenerator.com :)

LAC

LAC

Awards
strategicmove ---thanks for the supplier info
Does anyone know if it is possible to get "White Button mushroom' bulk or capsules. would like to use it as AI

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
strategicmove ---thanks for the supplier info
Does anyone know if it is possible to get "White Button mushroom' bulk or capsules. would like to use it as AI

not sure, but you can get it included in the new Max Strength MassFX. ...... doh shameless plug :twisted:

Interlocutor

Awards
i did.

In this study, although the testosterone level was not measured during the test period
Total testosterone levels were not significantly different between those raised (43%) and those declined (39%) in this study (Table 1). This gives an initial impression that LJ100 does not have any effect on steroidogenesis.
the table actually shows 52% to 53% of test subjects with declined total test. unless i interpret this study incorrectly.

T.I.

LAC

LAC

Awards
steveoph
so it was Grapeseed extract with the Icarin for test boost?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
steveoph
so it was Grapeseed extract with the Icarin for test boost?
Grapeseed Extract is a powerful antioxidant, and has some Anti-Aromatase abilities, but to increase the effectiveness of the icariin you want Naringin (a citrus extract). Ike mentioned talking to rms about possibly getting some capped if you want to buy a large quantity, and maybe you can ask stryder/dsade about the possibility of Naringin coming to NP.