dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you are actually supposed to use Dandelion leaf. Dandelion root is a laxative, IIRC.

dave1981

Awards
I think you are actually supposed to use Dandelion leaf. Dandelion root is a laxative, IIRC.
At the recomended dosage it has not acted as one for me. I've taken it for about a week.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What have you noticed?

dave1981

Awards
At the recomended dosage it has not acted as one for me. I've taken it for about a week.
Nothing really, thats why I thought maybe I wasn't doing it right. I might be a little more thirsty.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or maybe you should be taking dandelion leaf. :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh man....I suck.
I have used taraxatone in the past (dandelion leaf, uva ursi, etc.) before and gotten some pretty good results if you are holding too much water or want to come in dry for a special date/occasion.

I have heard good results from Showtime, by Scivation, but haven't tried it.

dave1981

Awards
I have used taraxatone in the past (dandelion leaf, uva ursi, etc.) before and gotten some pretty good results if you are holding too much water or want to come in dry for a special date/occasion.

Thanks for your help. I'll write these down.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established

yea its the leaf thats the diuretic. the root is a tonic for the liver and kidneys and provides many health benefits but isnt much of a diuretic. I have been looking around and the leaf is harder to find. It would be great to find it as a tea and drink that all day when trying to dry out. I have talked to a guy who used that before a show, he just drank alot of the tea and was very dry

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
grab some showtime from nutra, its like 13 bucks!

amadorian

Awards
My nutritionest recommended my dandelion root for digestion as part of a colon cleanse program, so yeah it may have a laxative effect. I love Dandelion salad though