Best Multi and do you use it

1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Best Multi and do you use it

In your opinion what is the best multi out there, and do you use them?

For me, I love Animal Pak and try to make sure to use it opposed to others.

Thoughts?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Answers

I use the GNC Men's Sport multivitamin. I figured it was better than Centrum due to the fact that Centrum has preservatives. I would not say it was the best, only because I have not tried any others, nor have I read any research or consumer reports. I have no complaints, however.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Without a doubt Millennium's ZMK/MVP stack is as good as it gets, but a bit expensive. I just finished up a bottle of MVP today.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

centrum & animal pack.. GARBAGE. both are poorly formulated and have amounts of certain nutrientss that could be detrimental to health if taken for extended periods of time.

gnc one is ok, but WAY overpriced. uses cheap nutrient forms.

the only decent multi put out by a sports oriented company is ACTIVATE by mhp... its 100x better than the aforementioned, and cheaper.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

I use Equate Daily Multi. I split it in half, take half with breakfast and the other half with lunch.

Have taken GNC's Mens Multi.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arjun4 View Post
    centrum & animal pack.. GARBAGE. both are poorly formulated and have amounts of certain nutrientss that could be detrimental to health if taken for extended periods of time.

gnc one is ok, but WAY overpriced. uses cheap nutrient forms.

the only decent multi put out by a sports oriented company is ACTIVATE by mhp... its 100x better than the aforementioned, and cheaper.
    I disagree with your thoughts on Animal Pak, I have had no ill effects after using it at times for over 1 year straight
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Does anyone use AST's multi? What's the thought on it?

One more thing: How do you all out there know you're absorbing what's on the label?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

whats the benefits with using multis with Iron .. I have a few bottles of them but havent used them yet
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

for me, when I am on Pak I actually feel better, more energized etc... I dont believe I have had more than a common cold on Pak
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I disagree with your thoughts on Animal Pak, I have had no ill effects after using it at times for over 1 year straight
    2 grams of calcium (not to mention whatever youre getting in your diet) w/ low levels of vitamin D and no k1 or k2 is a recipe for soft tissue calcification... these exact circumstances have been shown to lead to brain lesions in older men.

300iu of alpha tocopherol without the other vitamin E isomers is enough to deplete serum and cellular levels of gamma and increase the risk of heart disease.

zinc oxide is poorly absorbed, and little of it ends up in erythrocytes.

magnesium oxide is poorly absorbed, and is speculated to contribute to free-radical production post ingestion.

One more thing: How do you all out there know you're absorbing what's on the label?
    you check the data for human studies on the different forms of nutrients, and you can guestimate how much you are absorbing

you should not be taking supplemental iron unless you have been proven anemic through blood testing

and if you ARE, you should be taking it seperate from all supplement and food high in calcium
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I dont dispute your numbers (however a source for them would be nice) but I do know I feel very good on it, and have used it for quite a while
  12. Registered User
    Answers

I dont dispute your numbers (however a source for them would be nice) but I do know I feel very good on it, and have used it for quite a while
    i'm not gonna dig up the pubmed studies for you, but they are there if you wanna find them. i assure you regardless of how you FEEL, you are damaging your body. these type of effects go 'under the radar' as far as what is 'felt'... you wont feel these things, but they will effect you in the long run.

calcium:
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/69610.php
    http://www.healthcentral.com/alzheim...-38056-31.html

vitamin e:
    http://search.lef.org/cgi-src-bin/Ms...0tocopherol%20

zinc:
    http://www.bastyr.edu/research/proje...acts/bwpkb.asp
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Well it has been a while on it, without even a shred of what you describe
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

I use Vitamin Shoppe's Ultimate Man because I am the Ultimate Man. It was pretty much made for me. I'm actually going to pick up Millennium's ZMK/MVP stack soon to try it out. I've heard only good things about it.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

I have been using animal pak, but I have read some reports and obviously what the gentlemen above said, so I have stopped using it. Currently I am using Orange Triad, it is iron free. I don't know if it is legit, but a lot of people on other forums seem to like it.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Controlled Labs Orange Triad, about a third of the way through a bottle of it. I like it so far, it's similar to the one by MHP.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Well it has been a while on it, without even a shred of what you describe
    i doubt any studies have been done following around users of animal pack for 20, 30, 40 years... if its even been around that long.

like i said, regardless of your perceived lack of detriments, the science is solid and shows the effects from the levels of the ingredients in animal pack.

these type of formulations are considered huge no-no's in life-extension and elite nutritional circles... take from that what you will.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

I have used NOW Daily Vits, but recently made the switch to Orange Triad, and I'm sticking with it
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Answers

I use the MVP/ZMK by MST. It is quality and comprehensive. Plus it is manuf. in the USA.

I used AST's 32x Pro which is fine. For some people it gave them a queasy feeling in their stomachs. Occasionally it would do the same with me if I took it on an empty stomach.

I'll try Orange Triad at some point in the future.

Animal Pak/Centrum are garbage.

If your Zinc is Zinc Oxide, then your multi probably sucks. Zinc Oxide sucks for absorption and screams 'cheap quality' all over it.
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I have used AST's 32x it is solid, however never really had a good feeling bout it in terms of any personal "internal feeling"
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Now Adam - Ftw
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicstate View Post
    Does anyone use AST's multi? What's the thought on it?

Vitalizer works and is the best. It absorbs. I know because I read the study's they did on it before releasing it to make sure it absorbed 100%.
  23. PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

yup, as many have said orange triad is excellent, but be careful, its not just a multi, you get two other fully dosed products in the same bottle: a joint supplement and a digestion/immune aid
  24. Registered User
    Answers

I have used AST's 32x it is solid, however never really had a good feeling bout it in terms of any personal "internal feeling"
    also garbage
  25. Registered User
    Answers

zinc oxide is poorly absorbed
    Correct. The optimal form would be zinc gluconate
    you check the data for human studies on the different forms of nutrients, and you can guestimate how much you are absorbing
    That would seem to be the evident answer but the quality of the nutrients vary drastically from one brand to the next.

Males do need to be cautious about taking iron as a supplement due to the amount that they typically get in our diet (unless you're a vegetarian). I completely agree with that line of thinking.
    i doubt any studies have been done following around users of animal pack for 20, 30, 40 years... if its even been around that long.
    Most likely due to the fact that not many nutritional companies have. A handful at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I used AST's 32x Pro which is fine. For some people it gave them a queasy feeling in their stomachs. Occasionally it would do the same with me if I took it on an empty stomach.
    This is one of the reasons why I inquired regarding AST's multi. Every single time I have taken it in the past (with food by the way) it created the most horrid, sharp stomach pains. It was like having a cramp in the middle of the abdominal area. It seems I'm not the only one that experienced negative side effects from AST's multi.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    This is one of the reasons why I inquired regarding AST's multi. Every single time I have taken it in the past (with food by the way) it created the most horrid, sharp stomach pains. It was like having a cramp in the middle of the abdominal area. It seems I'm not the only one that experienced negative side effects from AST's multi.
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicstate View Post
    Correct. The optimal form would be zinc gluconate)
    to my knowledge L-methionate and picolinate are the best absorbed and most bioactive forms...

That would seem to be the evident answer but the quality of the nutrients vary drastically from one brand to the next.
    as long as you know the company is using [3rd party confirmed] usp grading, that should not be an issue

Males do need to be cautious about taking iron as a supplement due to the amount that they typically get in our diet (unless you're a vegetarian). I completely agree with that line of thinking.
    im a vegetarian, and i make no effort to supplement iron nor do i go out of my way to eat foods rich in iron. i also run/lift hard 3-5 days per week depending on my schedule. my iron levels are perfect, confirmed through bloodwork.

the ability of the male body to hold onto iron is incredible... i would venture to say that unless you are confirmed through bloodwork as anemic, that supplementing iron should be totally avoided and considered dangerous.

Most likely due to the fact that not many nutritional companies have. A handful at best.
    but the studies on individual nutrients DO exist... so the correlations can be made

and on the AST multi, consider yourself lucky for having responded badly.. maybe that was your body rejecting the garbage in it.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Answers

regarding the OP ... I was on GNC MegaMan, then NOW Adam for a while and switched over to Orange Triad for the additional joint benefits ... almost done with my third bottle of it and have no complaints
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Without a doubt Millennium's ZMK/MVP stack is as good as it gets, but a bit expensive. I just finished up a bottle of MVP today.
    I have to agree, though I am biased. The forms of vitamins are all of the highest quality and it has a large dose of B's, which are great for any athlete.
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/189130-iforce-intimidate-log.html
    iForce INTIMIDATE Log/Review
  30. Registered User
    Answers

Been using More Than A Multiple by American Health for a while now and it seems to be doing ok.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Thoughts?
    Orange Triad from Controlled Labs is a good multi formula with added joint aid. Yes i use this and have been doing for a while now.
    Diet and Nutrition Advisor
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Thoughts?
    Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men because I can take it 1st thing in the morn. and doesn't cause any upset stomach (even when empty), or bloat. The rec. Dose is 3 tab's but I usually only do 2.

I've been using it ED over 2 years and like it. I have been interested in trying the Orange Triad to vary it up a little.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by scoooter View Post
    Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men because I can take it 1st thing in the morn. and doesn't cause any upset stomach (even when empty), or bloat. The rec. Dose is 3 tab's but I usually only do 2.

I've been using it ED over 2 years and like it. I have been interested in trying the Orange Triad to vary it up a little.
    I think Opti-men is 1, 3 times a day, not all at breakfast.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Proviron..How do you use it?
    By Universal23 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 01:52 PM
  2. Do you use belts and straps?
    By RobInKuwait in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 01:48 AM
  3. Who on here fights and do you use anabolics
    By mercedesdd in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 12:58 PM
  4. estrogen rebound, what is it and how do you avoid it.
    By OmarJackson in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 05:36 PM
  5. Red Devil Lye ..when do you use it
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 12:08 PM