Best Multi and do you use it

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In your opinion what is the best multi out there, and do you use them?

For me, I love Animal Pak and try to make sure to use it opposed to others.

Thoughts?

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I use the GNC Men's Sport multivitamin. I figured it was better than Centrum due to the fact that Centrum has preservatives. I would not say it was the best, only because I have not tried any others, nor have I read any research or consumer reports. I have no complaints, however.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Without a doubt Millennium's ZMK/MVP stack is as good as it gets, but a bit expensive. I just finished up a bottle of MVP today.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
centrum & animal pack.. GARBAGE. both are poorly formulated and have amounts of certain nutrientss that could be detrimental to health if taken for extended periods of time.

gnc one is ok, but WAY overpriced. uses cheap nutrient forms.

the only decent multi put out by a sports oriented company is ACTIVATE by mhp... its 100x better than the aforementioned, and cheaper.

jpb8200

jpb8200

Awards
I use Equate Daily Multi. I split it in half, take half with breakfast and the other half with lunch.

Have taken GNC's Mens Multi.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
centrum & animal pack.. GARBAGE. both are poorly formulated and have amounts of certain nutrientss that could be detrimental to health if taken for extended periods of time.

gnc one is ok, but WAY overpriced. uses cheap nutrient forms.

the only decent multi put out by a sports oriented company is ACTIVATE by mhp... its 100x better than the aforementioned, and cheaper.
I disagree with your thoughts on Animal Pak, I have had no ill effects after using it at times for over 1 year straight

anabolicstate

anabolicstate

Awards
Does anyone use AST's multi? What's the thought on it?

One more thing: How do you all out there know you're absorbing what's on the label?

LaGrange26

LaGrange26

Awards
whats the benefits with using multis with Iron .. I have a few bottles of them but havent used them yet

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for me, when I am on Pak I actually feel better, more energized etc... I dont believe I have had more than a common cold on Pak

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
I disagree with your thoughts on Animal Pak, I have had no ill effects after using it at times for over 1 year straight
2 grams of calcium (not to mention whatever youre getting in your diet) w/ low levels of vitamin D and no k1 or k2 is a recipe for soft tissue calcification... these exact circumstances have been shown to lead to brain lesions in older men.

300iu of alpha tocopherol without the other vitamin E isomers is enough to deplete serum and cellular levels of gamma and increase the risk of heart disease.

zinc oxide is poorly absorbed, and little of it ends up in erythrocytes.

magnesium oxide is poorly absorbed, and is speculated to contribute to free-radical production post ingestion.

One more thing: How do you all out there know you're absorbing what's on the label?
you check the data for human studies on the different forms of nutrients, and you can guestimate how much you are absorbing

you should not be taking supplemental iron unless you have been proven anemic through blood testing

and if you ARE, you should be taking it seperate from all supplement and food high in calcium

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont dispute your numbers (however a source for them would be nice) but I do know I feel very good on it, and have used it for quite a while

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
I dont dispute your numbers (however a source for them would be nice) but I do know I feel very good on it, and have used it for quite a while
i'm not gonna dig up the pubmed studies for you, but they are there if you wanna find them. i assure you regardless of how you FEEL, you are damaging your body. these type of effects go 'under the radar' as far as what is 'felt'... you wont feel these things, but they will effect you in the long run.

calcium:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/69610.php
http://www.healthcentral.com/alzheimers/news-38056-31.html

vitamin e:
http://search.lef.org/cgi-src-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&page_id=1035&query=alpha tocopherol&hiword=ALPH ALPHAA ALPHAET ALPHAI ALPHAK ALPHAL ALPHAR ALPHAT ALPHATE ALPHATS TOCOPHEROLA TOCOPHEROLS alpha tocopherol

zinc:
http://www.bastyr.edu/research/projects/abstracts/bwpkb.asp

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well it has been a while on it, without even a shred of what you describe

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
I use Vitamin Shoppe's Ultimate Man because I am the Ultimate Man. It was pretty much made for me. I'm actually going to pick up Millennium's ZMK/MVP stack soon to try it out. I've heard only good things about it.

LosPepes

Awards
I have been using animal pak, but I have read some reports and obviously what the gentlemen above said, so I have stopped using it. Currently I am using Orange Triad, it is iron free. I don't know if it is legit, but a lot of people on other forums seem to like it.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Controlled Labs Orange Triad, about a third of the way through a bottle of it. I like it so far, it's similar to the one by MHP.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
Well it has been a while on it, without even a shred of what you describe
i doubt any studies have been done following around users of animal pack for 20, 30, 40 years... if its even been around that long.

like i said, regardless of your perceived lack of detriments, the science is solid and shows the effects from the levels of the ingredients in animal pack.

these type of formulations are considered huge no-no's in life-extension and elite nutritional circles... take from that what you will.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I have used NOW Daily Vits, but recently made the switch to Orange Triad, and I'm sticking with it :)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I use the MVP/ZMK by MST. It is quality and comprehensive. Plus it is manuf. in the USA.

I used AST's 32x Pro which is fine. For some people it gave them a queasy feeling in their stomachs. Occasionally it would do the same with me if I took it on an empty stomach.

I'll try Orange Triad at some point in the future.

Animal Pak/Centrum are garbage.

If your Zinc is Zinc Oxide, then your multi probably sucks. Zinc Oxide sucks for absorption and screams 'cheap quality' all over it.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used AST's 32x it is solid, however never really had a good feeling bout it in terms of any personal "internal feeling"

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does anyone use AST's multi? What's the thought on it?

Vitalizer works and is the best. It absorbs. I know because I read the study's they did on it before releasing it to make sure it absorbed 100%.

anabolicstate

anabolicstate

Awards
zinc oxide is poorly absorbed
Correct. The optimal form would be zinc gluconate
you check the data for human studies on the different forms of nutrients, and you can guestimate how much you are absorbing
That would seem to be the evident answer but the quality of the nutrients vary drastically from one brand to the next.

Males do need to be cautious about taking iron as a supplement due to the amount that they typically get in our diet (unless you're a vegetarian). I completely agree with that line of thinking.
i doubt any studies have been done following around users of animal pack for 20, 30, 40 years... if its even been around that long.
Most likely due to the fact that not many nutritional companies have. A handful at best.
I used AST's 32x Pro which is fine. For some people it gave them a queasy feeling in their stomachs. Occasionally it would do the same with me if I took it on an empty stomach.
This is one of the reasons why I inquired regarding AST's multi. Every single time I have taken it in the past (with food by the way) it created the most horrid, sharp stomach pains. It was like having a cramp in the middle of the abdominal area. It seems I'm not the only one that experienced negative side effects from AST's multi.

anabolicstate

anabolicstate

Awards
This is one of the reasons why I inquired regarding AST's multi. Every single time I have taken it in the past (with food by the way) it created the most horrid, sharp stomach pains. It was like having a cramp in the middle of the abdominal area. It seems I'm not the only one that experienced negative side effects from AST's multi.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
Correct. The optimal form would be zinc gluconate)
to my knowledge L-methionate and picolinate are the best absorbed and most bioactive forms...

That would seem to be the evident answer but the quality of the nutrients vary drastically from one brand to the next.
as long as you know the company is using [3rd party confirmed] usp grading, that should not be an issue

Males do need to be cautious about taking iron as a supplement due to the amount that they typically get in our diet (unless you're a vegetarian). I completely agree with that line of thinking.
im a vegetarian, and i make no effort to supplement iron nor do i go out of my way to eat foods rich in iron. i also run/lift hard 3-5 days per week depending on my schedule. my iron levels are perfect, confirmed through bloodwork.

the ability of the male body to hold onto iron is incredible... i would venture to say that unless you are confirmed through bloodwork as anemic, that supplementing iron should be totally avoided and considered dangerous.

Most likely due to the fact that not many nutritional companies have. A handful at best.
but the studies on individual nutrients DO exist... so the correlations can be made

and on the AST multi, consider yourself lucky for having responded badly.. maybe that was your body rejecting the garbage in it.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
regarding the OP ... I was on GNC MegaMan, then NOW Adam for a while and switched over to Orange Triad for the additional joint benefits ... almost done with my third bottle of it and have no complaints

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Without a doubt Millennium's ZMK/MVP stack is as good as it gets, but a bit expensive. I just finished up a bottle of MVP today.
I have to agree, though I am biased. The forms of vitamins are all of the highest quality and it has a large dose of B's, which are great for any athlete.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Been using More Than A Multiple by American Health for a while now and it seems to be doing ok.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established

Thoughts?
Orange Triad from Controlled Labs is a good multi formula with added joint aid. Yes i use this and have been doing for a while now.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Thoughts?
Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men because I can take it 1st thing in the morn. and doesn't cause any upset stomach (even when empty), or bloat. The rec. Dose is 3 tab's but I usually only do 2.

I've been using it ED over 2 years and like it. I have been interested in trying the Orange Triad to vary it up a little.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men because I can take it 1st thing in the morn. and doesn't cause any upset stomach (even when empty), or bloat. The rec. Dose is 3 tab's but I usually only do 2.

I've been using it ED over 2 years and like it. I have been interested in trying the Orange Triad to vary it up a little.
I think Opti-men is 1, 3 times a day, not all at breakfast.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wudog Supplements 24
botk1161 Supplements 30
Wudog Supplements 13
Wudog Supplements 0
Wudog Supplements 0