Green Tea Extract: Questions inside...

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Anybody stack a plain green tea product or bulk extract in their daily supplement regimen? If so, what's your goals, what are you stacking it in on, and what specifically do YOU personally look for in a GTE? (i.e. catechins, EGCG, etc.)

:twisted:

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LAME.....

JK LB, I love green tea with ALCAR or PLCAR, good stuff for a cheap and effective stim on its own.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yes.
Reasons - I'm Jmh80 (a supp junkie in case you don't know).

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I use the bulk green tea from nutra @ 500mg before my workouts, I notice it kind of mellows me out and raises my body temp a little.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I like nutra's caps. I like that hey are standardized for polyphenols, 95 or 98%. 50% EGCG (the powerhouse) is great, but that fact that it has all other catechins which have been shown to enhance EGCG's effect, which from what I understand is to keep norepinephrin from breaking down. No or only a few mg cafeine, which I'm not a huge fan of. As far as I'm concerned, this is the perfect extract of GT; all the usefull polyphenols and catechins in good proportions with little else.

Basically I liked using it because it made me sweat more without jitters. I usually used 2 caps (1000mg) before workout, maybe 1 or 2 caps in the morning every now and then.

I've stacked it with cAMP for the forskolin effect; I've also used it with yerba mate pills which was nice. ALCAR was good too. Tyrosine = drenched with sweat.

You have any good stack ideas yourself, Lanbane? Maybe a new product in the works? :)

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Look into the Triple Tea, or Three Tea fat burner. I can't remember the exact name, but it's something along those lines. It has three different kinds of tea in it, all of which provide thermogenic effects. I believe the teas are green, white, and orange.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use Green Tea Extract daily. The key is the amount of polyphenols and catechins per serving, in particular, the amount of the principal catechin, epigallcathecingallate (EGCG), clearly the most potent compound in green tea. As a single dose of 375-400mg EGCG is more effective that two single doses of 200mg EGCG, I usually ensure I take at least 400mg EGCG in one dose. My current favourite is NutraPlanet's TEA-GCG™ (Green Tea Caps). By far the best value for money around. When I supplement with AN's Lipotrophin-PM, I adjust my additional green tea intake somewhat.

Green Tea Extract (EGCG) is a staple for me for the following reasons:
1) Superior antioxidant (25-100 times more potent than vitamins c and e); cardiovascular protection and reduction in lipid levels and fat-tissue accumulation; reduction of cholesterol and triglyceride levels; maintenance of DNA and membrane structural integrity; anti-carcinogenic properties.
2) Reduction of post-prandial (after-meal) blood sugar and oxidative stress levels. This results from the high polyphenol content of green tea. When we eat, we might end up overeating, leading to post-prandial endothelial disorders that can impact us during most of the day. "Post-prandial oxidative stress" refers to the condition triggered by overloading our blood with fats and sugars for extended periods of time. This produces damage to the arterial wall (also due to high LDL oxidation), and can end up in higher risk of atherosclerosis, obesity, and diabetes.
3) Nutrient partitioning and cholecystokinin (CCK) release that is important in the management of insulin pathways.
4) Appetite modulation (via stimulation of the secretion of the peptide hormone cholecystokinin (CCK)).
5) Protein synthesis (also via the CCK pathway).
6) Norepinephrine secretion (due to catechol-o-methyl-transferase (COMT) inhibition); cAMP activation.
7) Fat synthesis, body mass and composition (via reduction in proliferation of fat cells, inhibition of fat absorption, reduction of blood levels triglycerides, cholesterol, glucose, and insulin). The caffeine content of green tea and the polyphenols combine to simulate thermogenesis and boost metabolic rate.

I like to stack green tea with forskolin, Relora, and Rhodiola Rosea.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take 2x400mg self capped of NP's bulk GTE. I use if mostly for the anti-oxidant and I figure some of the fat-burning properties could help me out on my lean bulk as well.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only problem with the bulk powder is it tastes like crap!

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I cap the good Green Tea from NP and take at least 4 ED, sometimes 8 for 3 to 6 Gms. This is the 50% EGCG version. I like it for the energy it gives me for my workouts and for the protection it provides against Prostate Cancer and against Cholesterol. I always stack it with ALA and ALCAR for some excellent anti-oxident properties.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Look into the Triple Tea, or Three Tea fat burner. I can't remember the exact name, but it's something along those lines. It has three different kinds of tea in it, all of which provide thermogenic effects. I believe the teas are green, white, and orange.
Tea-3 by Primordial Performance?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I use Green Tea Extract daily. The key is the amount of polyphenols and catechins per serving, in particular, the amount of the principal catechin, epigallcathecingallate (EGCG), clearly the most potent compound in green tea. As a single dose of 375-400mg EGCG is more effective that two single doses of 200mg EGCG, I usually ensure I take at least 400mg EGCG in one dose. My current favourite is NutraPlanet's TEA-GCG™ (Green Tea Caps). By far the best value for money around. When I supplement with AN's Lipotrophin-PM, I adjust my additional green tea intake somewhat.

Green Tea Extract (EGCG) is a staple for me for the following reasons:
1) Superior antioxidant (25-100 times more potent than vitamins c and e); cardiovascular protection and reduction in lipid levels and fat-tissue accumulation; reduction of cholesterol and triglyceride levels; maintenance of DNA and membrane structural integrity; anti-carcinogenic properties.
2) Reduction of post-prandial (after-meal) blood sugar and oxidative stress levels. This results from the high polyphenol content of green tea. When we eat, we might end up overeating, leading to post-prandial endothelial disorders that can impact us during most of the day. "Post-prandial oxidative stress" refers to the condition triggered by overloading our blood with fats and sugars for extended periods of time. This produces damage to the arterial wall (also due to high LDL oxidation), and can end up in higher risk of atherosclerosis, obesity, and diabetes.
3) Nutrient partitioning and cholecystokinin (CCK) release that is important in the management of insulin pathways.
4) Appetite modulation (via stimulation of the secretion of the peptide hormone cholecystokinin (CCK)).
5) Protein synthesis (also via the CCK pathway).
6) Norepinephrine secretion (due to catechol-o-methyl-transferase (COMT) inhibition); cAMP activation.
7) Fat synthesis, body mass and composition (via reduction in proliferation of fat cells, inhibition of fat absorption, reduction of blood levels triglycerides, cholesterol, glucose, and insulin). The caffeine content of green tea and the polyphenols combine to simulate thermogenesis and boost metabolic rate.

I like to stack green tea with forskolin, Relora, and Rhodiola Rosea.

Strat does it again! Good info here. What kind of dosage are you using of the Nutra green tea extract while stacked with Lipo-PM?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...What kind of dosage are you using of the Nutra green tea extract while stacked with Lipo-PM?
If I take three capsules of Lipotrophin-PM daily, I take only one additional Nutra Green Tea capsule (250mg EGCG). If I take three Lipotrophin-PM daily, I add two Nutra Green Tea Capsules. When I am not on Lipotrophin-PM, I take three to four capsules of Nutra Green Tea Caps. So, I shoot for about 1 000mg EGCG daily.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established