Any good Self Tanners out there ?

  1. Registered User
    thahotboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Quebec,Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    282

    Any good Self Tanners out there ?


    did someone have a good self tanners to suggest ? heheh

  2. Banned
    MuscleGuyinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Plattsburgh (Upstate), NY
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    0

    I'd suggest getting some of RPN's Atomic Meltdown. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way, so the price, and effects, are well worth it.

    Not to mention, you also get the benefits of the thermogenic effects and one of the ingredients helps increase the intensity of the UV rays.

    Get this and hit the tanning bed. Go.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,397
    Rep Power
    700725

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    I'd suggest getting some of RPN's Atomic Meltdown. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way, so the price, and effects, are well worth it.

    Not to mention, you also get the benefits of the thermogenic effects and one of the ingredients helps increase the intensity of the UV rays.

    Get this and hit the tanning bed. Go.
    You used it already, cause I just found it at NP? If so, what were the effects?

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    MuscleGuyinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Plattsburgh (Upstate), NY
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,106
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    You used it already, cause I just found it at NP? If so, what were the effects?

    Adams
    I haven't used it yet, but plan on doing so. Before summer, I'm hoping. I've just spoken with others in an RPN thread. Dsade and crader offered a lot of input about the product. Sounds amazing.
  5. Registered User
    SgtP's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    543
    Rep Power
    1446

    get Atomic Meltdown. It will not let you down.
  6. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    77387

    I used "Bain de Soleil". It is the best look I have tried, but takes a while to dry up.. I will give RPN's a try soon.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,259
    Rep Power
    51552

    For a tanning bed our Atomic Meltdown is the best

    But if you are looking for a quick self tanning then A mytic tan is good. The booth takes 2 min to spray it on and you are tan in a few hours.
  8. Registered User
    thahotboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Quebec,Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    282

    yeP Atomic meltdown look great but I dont want to go in tanning bed ! I will take a look a this mystic tan ! any other suggestion ? thanks !
  9. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513130

    Just tried the tanning bed this winter for the first time. Ehh, not likin' it too much. Come out feeling like I've been microwaved. Even though I'm desperate for sunlight I have to say it's not a great replacement...and that's more in regards to vitamin D and mood than tanning per se.
  10. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Just tried the tanning bed this winter for the first time. Ehh, not likin' it too much. Come out feeling like I've been microwaved. Even though I'm desperate for sunlight I have to say it's not a great replacement...and that's more in regards to vitamin D and mood than tanning per se.
    Since we talked, I have been dropping 2000iu a day of vitamin D. I feel great!!

    Waiting for some body comp evidence (subjective, visual) but mood boosting is apparent.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  11. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513130

    Yeah, I normally do about 6,000 iu's all winter but occasionally spike it to 10-15K. It definitely helps with mood and I think, overall hormonal regulation.

    In the early 1900's, daily doses of around 1 million iu's were given to sufferers of rhuematiod arthritis with great results.

    The FDA's daily allowance of 400 iu's is produced in one square centimeter of skin exposed to 30 minutes of sunlight. The body can produce at least 20-30,000 iu's if fully exposed (ie naked) to sunlight for 20 minutes.

    Obviously, our ancient ancestors spent a heck of lot more than just 20 minutes in the sun per day and they did not "calcify their organs" as the FDA et al suggest.
  12. Registered User
    DGSky's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    231

    Damn good information. Thanks
  13. Registered User
    BigKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    89

    Any of this stuff work for a pale person like myself? I burn normally, but i am hesitant to do a spray-on at risk of becomeing orange.

    input?
  14. Registered User
    badfish51581's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    216

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Just tried the tanning bed this winter for the first time. Ehh, not likin' it too much. Come out feeling like I've been microwaved. Even though I'm desperate for sunlight I have to say it's not a great replacement...and that's more in regards to vitamin D and mood than tanning per se.
    Did you use one of the high-end indoor tanning loitions (with bronzers)?

    I cannot recommend enough that if you ever decide to "fake n bake" that you aboslutely should use one. They're meant to keep your skin as healthy as possible by moisturizer it and it giving it nutrients. Bronzers are important as they help even out the color and give you a nice glow.

    For me, I wouldn't even use a tanning bed unless I purchased some sort of high end lotion. That's why I'm really excited for atomic meltdown since it has all of the above plus some extra goodies like Napalm.

    Actually Atomic Meltdown isn't that unreasonably priced considering a lot of highend lotions cost almost as much.

    jOE
  15. Gold Member
    Big BAMA's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    under the bed
    Posts
    2,409
    Rep Power
    1301

    Be careful whatever you do, Or you'll look like this guy.
    http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.c...psy-767596.jpg
  16. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by badfish51581 View Post

    Actually Atomic Meltdown isn't that unreasonably priced considering a lot of highend lotions cost almost as much.

    jOE
    Thanks, Joe....

    Part of the delay was because I refused to compromise any of the ingredients, and we had to negotiate the right price to make this work.

    You will not be disappointed.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  17. Registered User
    jcreedon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    98

    wow when that guy looks in the mirror do you think he tries to convince himself that he is not gay
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,259
    Rep Power
    51552

    Quote Originally Posted by BigKat View Post
    Any of this stuff work for a pale person like myself? I burn normally, but i am hesitant to do a spray-on at risk of becomeing orange.

    input?
    I am fairly pale by nature with my Irish background and I use the Mystic many Sat nights. It can make your hands look a tiny bit funny if you don't wash them right away when you come out. But they have different leels of bronzers in a mystic so you can do the lowest level.
  19. Registered User
    bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jersey, baby!
    Age
    35
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    489

    What was the supp folks were talking about not too long ago on here that could produce an actual tan when used as a transdermal? I think it was cordyceps or something in that direction.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  20. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by bound View Post
    What was the supp folks were talking about not too long ago on here that could produce an actual tan when used as a transdermal? I think it was cordyceps or something in that direction.
    forskolin

    I am looking into some amplification angles and a high quality extract (and take out the DHA) for a more "natural" version later on.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  21. Registered User
    bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jersey, baby!
    Age
    35
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    489

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    forskolin

    I am looking into some amplification angles and a high quality extract (and take out the DHA) for a more "natural" version later on.
    As usual, you rule.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.
  22. Registered User
    BigKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    89

    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I am fairly pale by nature with my Irish background and I use the Mystic many Sat nights. It can make your hands look a tiny bit funny if you don't wash them right away when you come out. But they have different leels of bronzers in a mystic so you can do the lowest level.
    Awsome, good to know, thank you!

    But bad news, a friend of mine just lost her job at the tanning place! No more free.

    Much appreciated,
    -Will
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Any good test boosters out there that DONT use DHEA?
    By Sprinterguy4 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 02:31 PM
  2. Are there any good phera clones out there?
    By stankyleg in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 02:00 PM
  3. Any good PH's out there?
    By Lifeguard_13 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 09:13 PM
  4. any good gh supplements out ?
    By jim brooks in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 11:55 PM
  5. Any other good 4Ad transdermals out there
    By fightercowboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in