DMT and heart mass

I

intoxicated

Awards
Hi guys and welcome to my first post. I've lurked around here and the bb.com forums for quite a while but haven't posted it all so here it goes...

I just started an 8-week JW cycle (about a week and a 1/2 ago) and it's been going great (+6lbs and leaned out a little) with no negative sides. Correct me if I'm wrong but DMT (desoxymethyltestosterone ) is the PS in JW. If that's the case then the following study I found on google has me a little worried.

The study states, "...treatment with DMT, in contrast to TP, resulted in a significant increase of the heart weight." Obviously this is not a good thing and has me a little worried.

Anyone care to comment on this? Should I be worried? I'm pretty freaked and giving some thought to stopping the cycle after reading this.

And apparently I can't post links until I have a 20+ post count so if someone could PM me I'll give you think link and you could post it.

I

intoxicated

Awards
here's the abstract of the study (can't find the full text)

Center for Preventive Doping Research, Institute of Cardiovascular Research and Sports Medicine, Department of Molecular and Cellular Sports Medicine, German Sports University Cologne, 50927 Cologne, Germany. [email protected]

Desoxymethyltestosterone (DMT), also known as Madol, is a steroid recently identified to be misused as a doping agent. Since, the knowledge of functions of this substance is rather limited, it was our aim to characterise the pharmacological profile of DMT and to identify potential adverse side effects. DMT was synthesised, its purity was confirmed and its biological activity was tested. The potency of Madol (DMT) to transactivate androgen receptor (AR) dependent reporter gene expression was two times lower as compared to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Receptor binding tests demonstrate that DMT binds with high selectivity to the AR, binding to the progesterone receptor (PR) was low. In vivo experiments in orchiectomised rats demonstrated that treatment with DMT resulted only in a stimulation of the weight of the levator ani muscle; the prostate and seminal vesicle weights remained unaffected. Like testosterone, administration of DMT resulted in a stimulation of IGF-1 and myostatin mRNA expression in the gastrocnemius muscle. In the prostate proliferation was stimulated by TP (testosteronepropionate), but remained unaffected by DMT. Remarkably, treatment with DMT, in contrast to TP, resulted in a significant increase of the heart weight. In the liver, DMT slightly stimulates the expression of the tyrosine aminotransferase gene (TAT). Our results demonstrate that DMT is a potent AR agonist with an anabolic activity. Besides the levator ani weight, DMT also modulates the gene expression in the musculus gastrocnemius. The observed stimulation of TAT expression in the liver and the significant increase of the heart weight after DMT treatment can be taken as an indication for side effects. Summarizing these data it is obvious that DMT is a powerful anabolic steroid with selective androgen receptor modulators (SARM) like properties and some indications for toxic side effects. Therefore, there is a need for a strict control of a possible misuse.

PMID: 17254722 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jungle Warefare's ADED is 6-dehydromethyltestosterone

The steroid you are referencing is 3-desoxymethyltestosterone.

Really, I never understood why people are so surprised by heart hypertrophy from madol. All anabolic steroids can cause heart hypertrophy.

I

intoxicated

Awards
Alright well that's comforting. Don't know where I heard JW had desoxymethyltestosterone. That study made it seem as if the heart hypertrophy for that compound was particular bad compared to other steroids (like TP). Thanks.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright well that's comforting. Don't know where I heard JW had desoxymethyltestosterone. That study made it seem as if the heart hypertrophy for that compound was particular bad compared to other steroids (like TP). Thanks.
I think it's just worded in an uncomforting manner. Nowhere in the abstract do they mention comparisson to other anabolic steroids, so while it puts the idea in your mind, there is no correlation to make this for certain. The posted study is merely to observe the potential risks and side effects of Madol. I might add the desoxymethyltestoserone is an abscure steroid, and is one of the most powerful steroids not too feature a 3-keto group.

DMT and ADED seem to be confused a lot, so no bother in that. Since dehydromethyltestosterone can also be abbreviated as DMT, you sometimes see abbreviation being used in reference to both compounds. It's kinda like having two friends named Bill. ;)

N

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
dmt is also dimethyltriptamine, which i would love to get my hands on.

N

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
no, he was talking about 6-dehydromethyltestosterone and/or 3-desoxymethyltestosterone.

S

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
no, he was talking about 6-dehydromethyltestosterone and/or 3-desoxymethyltestosterone.
Yeah, figured that out after reading the thread, but was saying that was my first thought after reading the title.