quick P SLIN QUESTION...

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
it says to take atleast 60-100 gram of carbs with P Slin.. Is it for that meal or for the total day??

it says to take atleast 60-100 gram of carbs with P Slin.. Is it for that meal or for the total day??
Meal..

Judging by your avatar, you will probably need 100grams but start with 80 and work up.

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
Meal..

Judging by your avatar, you will probably need 100grams but start with 80 and work up.
What do you mean by judging by my avatar?? (is that a bad thing)

Also isnt 100 grams alot of carbs to be taking at one time??Wouldnt that lead to a insulin spike??

One last question... Simple carbs or complex ? thanks!

TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

Awards
He means that you are lean and may be less insulin sensitive.
With p-slin you need these kinds of carbs for it to work properly and keep you from going hypo,also use Complex carbs.

What do you mean by judging by my avatar?? (is that a bad thing)

Also isnt 100 grams alot of carbs to be taking at one time??Wouldnt that lead to a insulin spike??

One last question... Simple carbs or complex ? thanks!
Meaning you are lean and can probably tolerate more carbs than a dude with a higher bodyfat..so good thing!

P-Slin almost cuts your need of insulin in half so Insulin spike is not an issue especially leading into training.

The closer the meal is to a workout. The carbohydrates should be simple(so an hour before a big huge bowl of cheerios works but I use cinamon toast crunch).

If the meal is 2 hours before the workout, you should use more complex carbohydrates with some simple carbs.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Meaning you are lean and can probably tolerate more carbs than a dude with a higher bodyfat..so good thing!

P-Slin almost cuts your need of insulin in half so Insulin spike is not an issue especially leading into training.

The closer the meal is to a workout. The carbohydrates should be simple(so an hour before a big huge bowl of cheerios works but I use cinamon toast crunch).

If the meal is 2 hours before the workout, you should use more complex carbohydrates with some simple carbs.
So if I work out 90 minutes after breakfast, a good choice would be PSlin 15 mins pre-breakfast which should be ~80g + carbs from Steel Cut oats and berries. Would having solely complex carbs except for the berries take too long to kick in? I'll experiment with ratios, but was just wondering what your experiences were like.

mburrz

Banned
Awards
Ive used P-Slin before but never knew simple carbs could be used so always used complex an hour ahead.

What would be the most optimal way to intake some complex/simple carbs pre-workout stacking AP/P-Slin.

I was thinking P-Slin have around 80grams of complex
then about 1 hour later take simple & go to gym about 30 min later.
Then have PWO shake (dextrose,xtend,creatine, possibly some BA)
Take AP 30 min later
PWO Meal with 60gram complex carbs

I am currently about 172 around 10% bf.

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
Okay. I got you.. on the directions it says 15 minutes before you gotta eat complex carbs??why is it saying this ?? Im not trying to be ignorant at all.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay. I got you.. on the directions it says 15 minutes before you gotta eat complex carbs??why is it saying this ?? Im not trying to be ignorant at all.
For PSlin and AP they work by activating the Glut4 receptors to increase glucose uptake, and it takes some time for the effects to kick in. I found with AP (Well Yellowgold in my case) that taking it closer to 30mins before worked even better to have the cells primed to uptake the carbs.

If it's a regular meal it;s probably 2-3 hours before a workout where complex carbohydrates are the best fit for the product.

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
If it's a regular meal it;s probably 2-3 hours before a workout where complex carbohydrates are the best fit for the product.
Say if this was my schedule..Would I do this??

Pre workout meal (5:00 pm) - 60-100 complex carbs with protein some simple carbs, and 1 P SLIN capsule

GYM (7:00 PM- 8:15 PM)

1 anabolic pump capsule at (8:20)

Post workout meal (8:35) -simple carbs with protein

and is this schedule okay if I decided to eat the simple carbs first??

Pre workout meal (5:00 pm) - 80-100 simple carbs with
1 p slin capsule

GYM (5:20pm- 6:35)

1 anabolic pump capsule at (6:40)

Post workout meal (6:55) - simple carbs with protein

thanks again...

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
**snip**

thanks again...
Gunz do you do a Post-WO shake at 8:15? Because then your workout sounds alot like mine. I eat a solid oatmeal breakfast 1.5-2hrs before working out, have a shake right at the end, then I have a carb/pro meal about 45 mins later. Also don't forget to take the Pslin 15mins before your morning meal.

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
Gunz do you do a Post-WO shake at 8:15? Because then your workout sounds alot like mine. I eat a solid oatmeal breakfast 1.5-2hrs before working out, have a shake right at the end, then I have a carb/pro meal about 45 mins later. Also don't forget to take the Pslin 15mins before your morning meal.

MY PWO is usually around 7 pm, depending on how busy I am with stuff after work.. How many times a day are you taking the P SLIN??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 p slin capsule

thanks again...
I'd go with this schedule, with the pslin 15 minutes before the carbs. it needs some time to get to blood stream before the carbs do :)

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Pre workout meal (5:00 pm) - 60-100 complex carbs with protein some simple carbs, and 1 P SLIN capsule
Make sure you take your 1 P-SLIN 15 minutes before this meal (4:45 PM).

GYM (7:00 PM- 8:15 PM)

1 anabolic pump capsule at (8:20)

Post workout meal (8:35) -simple carbs with protein
I would suggest taking your Anabolic Pump at 8:00 PM (Yes, during your workout) and having your post-workout shake immediately after your workout at 8:15 PM. Therefore, you will be taking advantage of the window of opportunity (when your muscle cells are ready for uptake of nutrients and of course, this will be in high synergy with the Anabolic Pump).

and is this schedule okay if I decided to eat the simple carbs first??

I am not sure that I understand this question; what are you referring to specifically?

1 p slin capsule
You will have to make sure that you are taking your P-SLIN 15 minutes before this meal.

thanks again...
Here, I would once again suggest that you take your Anabolic Pump at 6:20 PM and having your post-workout meal immediately post-workout. As for the post-workout meal, I would suggest using approximately 20-30 g of simple carbohydrates which can be derived from a healthy source such as a banana (which would also provide very useful potassium). You will also need to get another ~60 g of complex carbohydrates - I would suggest 1 cup of oats.

Have a great day,

Dex

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
one of your reps said that If I was to take the P slin within an hour before working out, it would be best to take in simple carbs..

and 2 hours before working out, to take complex carbs..

Thats why I was wondering if this schedule would fit if I decided to eat simple carbs..

1 P Slin capsule - (4:45 pm)

Pre workout meal (5:00 pm) - 80-100 simple carbs

GYM (5:20pm- 6:35pm)

1 anabolic pump capsule at (6:20pm)

Post workout meal (6:50pm) - simple carbs with protein

Just a couple more questions..

So does that mean I can eat ice cream, white rice, noodles for the pre-workout simple carbs?

Is adding protein with the pre-workout meal okay?

if your taking the p slin two hours before your working out? Will you even still feel the supplements working??

one of your reps said that If I was to take the P slin within an hour before working out, it would be best to take in simple carbs..

and 2 hours before working out, to take complex carbs..

Thats why I was wondering if this schedule would fit if I decided to eat simple carbs..

1 P Slin capsule - (4:45 pm)

Pre workout meal (5:00 pm) - 80-100 simple carbs

GYM (5:20pm- 6:35pm)

1 anabolic pump capsule at (6:20pm)

Post workout meal (6:50pm) - simple carbs with protein

Just a couple more questions..

So does that mean I can eat ice cream, white rice, noodles for the pre-workout simple carbs?

Is adding protein with the pre-workout meal okay?

if your taking the p slin two hours before your working out? Will you even still feel the supplements working??
The schedule looks great.

Ice cream is loaded with fat why would you want to eat that? White rice and pasta is fine and Protein should be part of every meal especially P-SLIN because we want Amino Acids circulatiing and carried into muscle cellls.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ice cream is loaded with fat why would you want to eat that? White rice and pasta is fine and Protein should be part of every meal especially P-SLIN because we want Amino Acids circulatiing and carried into muscle cellls.
Maybe he had some fat-free icecream in mind. Personally I have frozen yogurt (fat free) or sorbert for a tasty treat, or some FF Yogurt is awesome in shakes.

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
Maybe he had some fat-free icecream in mind. Personally I have frozen yogurt (fat free) or sorbert for a tasty treat, or some FF Yogurt is awesome in shakes.
Yes fat free strawberry ice cream!! Dyam that sounds good

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established

ok thanks..

If your taking the p slin 15 minutes before the complex carbs and two hours after that, you work out. Will you even still feel the P slin working??

ok thanks..

If your taking the p slin 15 minutes before the complex carbs and two hours after that, you work out. Will you even still feel the P slin working??
of course you will feel P-Slin, You may need 1.5 hours instead of 2 hours. You will have to find your sweet spot.

A good rule of thumb is not to change anything in your regimen but just add in P-SLin and maybe include some extra carbs.

If your pre workout meal is 1 hour before. Keep it one hour before.

I wish the supplement was cut and dry, but you will need a week to screw around with timing and carbohydrates dosages.

P-Slin is a supplement that makes food more anabolic. If you have a basic understanding of your nutrition, P=slin is a simple addition.

If you do not have an firm understanding of nutrition, you should not use any supplements until you do:}

This statement is generalized and not attended for you.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you should. you definitely will need to experiment with types of carbs, volume of carbs and timings to really find your personal "sweet spot". for me it is 25g of oats with a glass of grapefruit juice and a banana (and 4 eggs, 2 whole 2 white) about 30 minutes before leaving the house, so right about at an hour preworkout. With the pslin 15 minutes before the meal.

you should. you definitely will need to experiment with types of carbs, volume of carbs and timings to really find your personal "sweet spot". for me it is 25g of oats with a glass of grapefruit juice and a banana (and 4 eggs, 2 whole 2 white) about 30 minutes before leaving the house, so right about at an hour preworkout. With the pslin 15 minutes before the meal.
Myself, I like 40-50grams oats and 25grams cinnamon toast crunch(for simple carbs..its a good mental boost since you feel like you are cheating with the cereal even when dieting).

I begining to favor a mix of carbohydrates instead of just complex..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It definitely is very individual, related to the insulin sensitivity. Plus what you like to eat of course :) a marshmellow fluff and lowfat peanut butter on white bread could work too :D

BIGGUNZ401

BIGGUNZ401

Awards
  • Established
thanks all for the replies.. I just posted my diet in another thread located in the supplements section.. Tell me what you think.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
I've experimented with P-slin/AP for a while now, and what works best for me is...

Pslin-45-60 minutes pre workout with 30g Supercarb and 40g of WMS in my pre workout drink along with 20g Xtend. This is followed by another intraworkout drink with 30g more of WMS and 20g Xtend with 2 scoops of posiedon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GQdaLEGEND Alpha Gainz 17
lionking999 Anabolics 7
Product Reviews 2
khall1974 35 and Older 10
Supplements 1