Rookie mistake help me out

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
and i'm far from one. I got my nutraplanet order the other day kwik karb, aakgpowder, beta alanine, and creatine monohydrate, all bulk powders. I mixed the kwik karb, beta alanine and creatine in some strawberykiwi juice my gym sells and then maybe 10 minutes later, the palms of my hands and bottom of my feet start itching like crazy. it must have lasted for 2 hours it was soooooooo annoying. Thing is they gave me a sample of Vasocharge that i took before my workout, could that tingling/itching have come from an overdose of the beta alanine?

on a brighter note i'll throw a little vaso charge review in here i've been without a stimulant supplement for two weeks or so since i ran out of animal pump, I switched to universal's storm to supplement with creatine without the no enhancers and focus stuff. yesterday i had my little free trial packet of vasocharge nutraplanet sent me and it was the best shoulder workout i've ever had. at the end of my workout my deltoids were thrashed but i didn't wanna stop lifting. to do standing military press i had to heave my hands on top of the bar to rest them. excellent, pump, focus, and energy from scivation's VasoCharge. definately will be buying it in the future

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
You could have gotten a lot of Beta, OR are you allergic to Strawberries?

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
nope, i've mixed the strawberrykiwi with universal' fruitpunch storm (best tasting mixture in life) and it did nothing. so i'm definately gonna back down off the beta cause. it was extremely uncomfortable.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Probably just a lot of BA, do you regularly supp BA? If not, it's not uncommon to have those sides from it. I like them personally.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
nope, i've mixed the strawberrykiwi with universal' fruitpunch storm (best tasting thing in life) and it did nothing. so i'm definately gonna back down off the beta cause. it was extremely uncomfortable.
It goes away with continued used of BA.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and i'm far from one. I got my nutraplanet order the other day kwik karb, aakgpowder, beta alanine, and creatine monohydrate, all bulk powders. I mixed the kwik karb, beta alanine and creatine in some strawberykiwi juice my gym sells and then maybe 10 minutes later, the palms of my hands and bottom of my feet start itching like crazy. it must have lasted for 2 hours it was soooooooo annoying. Thing is they gave me a sample of Vasocharge that i took before my workout, could that tingling/itching have come from an overdose of the beta alanine?

on a brighter note i'll throw a little vaso charge review in here i've been without a stimulant supplement for two weeks or so since i ran out of animal pump, I switched to universal's storm to supplement with creatine without the no enhancers and focus stuff. yesterday i had my little free trial packet of vasocharge nutraplanet sent me and it was the best shoulder workout i've ever had. at the end of my workout my deltoids were thrashed but i didn't wanna stop lifting. to do standing military press i had to heave my hands on top of the bar to rest them. excellent, pump, focus, and energy from scivation's VasoCharge. definately will be buying it in the future

That's a normal reaction to Beta-Alanine. Some people get the itch pretty bad, some don't, some like it, some hate it. I personally, feel like ripping my skin off if I go more then 2 grams at a time. But no, you didn't OD on anything, that's just how Beta-Alanine reacts in the our system.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Parasthesia

Beta-alanine, provided in solution or as powder in gelatine capsules, however, causes paraesthesia when ingested in amounts above 10 mg per kg body weight (bwt).[4] This is variable between individuals. Symptoms may be experienced by some individuals as mild even at 10 mg per kg bwt, in a majority as significant at 20 mg per kg bwt, and severe at 40 mg per kg bwt.[4] However, an equivalent amount (equimolar) to 40 mg per kg bwt, ingested in the form of histidine containing dipeptides in chicken broth extract, did not cause paraesthesia.[4]

It is probable that the paraesthesia, a form of neuropathic pain, results from high peak blood-plasma concentrations of beta-alanine since greater quantities, ingested in the form of the beta-alanine / histidine (or methylhistidine) containing dipeptides (i.e. carnosine and anserine) in meat, do not cause the same symptoms. In this case the beta-alanine absorption profile is flattened but sustained for a longer period of time,[4] whereas, the beta-alanine samples in the studies were administered as gelatine capsules containing powder. This resulted in plasma concentrations rising rapidly, peaking within 30 to 45 minutes, and being eliminated after 90 to 120 minutes. The paraesthesia caused is no indication of efficacy since the published studies undertaken so far have utilised doses of 400 mg or 800 mg at a time to avoid the paraesthesia.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
take the beta alanine with meals at smaller doses and more spread out through the day til u build a tolerance

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For some it goes away, mine never went away. It became less severe, but it was always there. However, one way to buffer the itch is to take it with carbs.

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
well i took it with a helathy dose of kwik karbs. i can only imagine how much of a b*tch the pain would have been if i hadnt taken it with the kwik karbs. i imagine you mean real food though. thanks again guys for the responses. i remember just looking at my hands and wanting to cut em off lol so bad

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I looked like a bengal tiger with all the scratch marks I left all over my body.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established