Oral bioavailability of IGF-I (as in colostrum) - AnabolicMinds.com

Oral bioavailability of IGF-I (as in colostrum)

1. New Member

Oral bioavailability of IGF-I (as in colostrum)

Many supps companies sell colostrum powder and caps and make various claims on the basis of it immunoglobulin and IGF-I content. Is IGF-I even bioavailable orally ? Some companies suggest holding powder sublingually, some suggest washing down caps with large amount of water and on an empty stomach.

The total amount of IGF-I doesn't even look large compared to regular milk, as the powder quantities are small...

2. New Member

doubt it...if it were i think people would take that instead of huge amounts of hgh injections...primarily so the liver makes igf1 from it
    does sublingual absorption even work for stuff that's not bioavailable?
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by blind12 View Post
    Many supps companies sell colostrum powder and caps and make various claims on the basis of it immunoglobulin and IGF-I content. Is IGF-I even bioavailable orally ? Some companies suggest holding powder sublingually, some suggest washing down caps with large amount of water and on an empty stomach.

The total amount of IGF-I doesn't even look large compared to regular milk, as the powder quantities are small...

I just spent about 8 hours reading everthing on the internet about colostrum. I say save your money. Until some real (and I mean real) research trials comes out about all the claims made about it I say save your money. The trials that were done were basically not professional done.
    •   

4. New Member

Thanks, that is the impression I had too. I was hoping there was some solid information, or someone might just figure it out.

I do have some issues that colostrum is claimed to improve, so I was sort of hopeful...

Regular microfiltered whey protein might actually contain more total immunoglobulins and IGF, considering the quantities.

I do have 1 jar of colostrum powder already, so I still wonder, how bioavailability, if there is any, is maximised...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Improving the bioavailability of non-methyl Orals?
    By Gears McJuice in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 02:06 PM
  2. stability of IGF in acetic acid
    By Max32 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 03:11 PM
  3. Oral bioavailability of Exemestane
    By Fastflight in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 07:16 AM
  4. Oral Bioavailability of 4AD?