Oral bioavailability of IGF-I (as in colostrum)

1. Oral bioavailability of IGF-I (as in colostrum)

Many supps companies sell colostrum powder and caps and make various claims on the basis of it immunoglobulin and IGF-I content. Is IGF-I even bioavailable orally ? Some companies suggest holding powder sublingually, some suggest washing down caps with large amount of water and on an empty stomach.

The total amount of IGF-I doesn't even look large compared to regular milk, as the powder quantities are small...

2. doubt it...if it were i think people would take that instead of huge amounts of hgh injections...primarily so the liver makes igf1 from it
    does sublingual absorption even work for stuff that's not bioavailable?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by blind12 View Post
    Many supps companies sell colostrum powder and caps and make various claims on the basis of it immunoglobulin and IGF-I content. Is IGF-I even bioavailable orally ? Some companies suggest holding powder sublingually, some suggest washing down caps with large amount of water and on an empty stomach.

The total amount of IGF-I doesn't even look large compared to regular milk, as the powder quantities are small...

I just spent about 8 hours reading everthing on the internet about colostrum. I say save your money. Until some real (and I mean real) research trials comes out about all the claims made about it I say save your money. The trials that were done were basically not professional done.

4. Thanks, that is the impression I had too. I was hoping there was some solid information, or someone might just figure it out.

I do have some issues that colostrum is claimed to improve, so I was sort of hopeful...

Regular microfiltered whey protein might actually contain more total immunoglobulins and IGF, considering the quantities.

I do have 1 jar of colostrum powder already, so I still wonder, how bioavailability, if there is any, is maximised...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Improving the bioavailability of non-methyl Orals?
    By Gears McJuice in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 04:06 PM
  2. stability of IGF in acetic acid
    By Max32 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 05:11 PM
  3. Oral bioavailability of Exemestane
    By Fastflight in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 09:16 AM
  4. Oral Bioavailability of 4AD?