ALCAR, PLCAR, taurine solution stability

blind12

blind12

Awards
Are ALCAR, PLCAR and taurine stable in a solution ?

I'd need them to stay stable for a day at most.

krogtaar

Awards
just mix em with the fish oil, sesamin, and cla...and throw in some protein why dont ya

alcar is an ester...not sure what plcar is and cant find it with a quick google. the ph's are going to be different, but i dont think they will react into something else, other than switching the acidic hydrogens to whichever is least acidic. anyway stomach acid will fix that. i think its fine

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
alcar is an ester...not sure what plcar is and cant find it with a quick google...
Acetyl-L-carnitine provides L-Carnitine and acetyl groups. These groups can be used in the formation of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter, for instance.

Propionyl-L-Carnitine provides L-Carnitine and Propionate. Propionate can be employed as an intermediate in energy metabolism.

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure mixing them together and keeping it would be such a good idea. I've heard of taurine turning colors when put together with ALCAR for a bit.

blind12

blind12

Awards
I was planning for separate solutions... I just didn't want to create 3 separate threads :)

Turning colours :blink: That must be some reaction :blink:

ALCAR powder from Nutraplanet strongly stinks of vinegar, so it might be partially decomposed as is ?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was planning for separate solutions... I just didn't want to create 3 separate threads :)

Turning colours :blink: That must be some reaction :blink:

ALCAR powder from Nutraplanet strongly stinks of vinegar, so it might be partially decomposed as is ?
Acetyl-L-Carnitine...

Vinegar = Acetic Acid

They are related.

I would not keep everything in solution more than a half a day, but you should be able mix up your daily dose in a singe bottle. Shake, then consume 1/3 of a bottle at the appropriate time.

blind12

blind12

Awards
Acetyl-L-Carnitine...

Vinegar = Acetic Acid

They are related.

I would not keep everything in solution more than a half a day, but you should be able mix up your daily dose in a singe bottle. Shake, then consume 1/3 of a bottle at the appropriate time.
Thanks. Half a day is more than enough for me.

I'm aware they're related :D
The smell either indicates that there's source material left in there or that it's not particularly stable and hydrolyses. PLCAR has no such smell, although propanoic acid should be equally pungent.