Nutraplanet ATD Dosing

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Hey ive searched around but ATD brings up alot. I was wondering how and when people dose the Nutraplanet generic ATD?

I was thinking at starting at 1 cap a night and then ramping it up to 2 and then 3, but should i take them before bed, throughout the day, or pre/post workout?

P

pm39120

Awards
if taking three per day take 1 in the morning and 2 at night. If taking 2 or less per day just take them with your last meal. It helps absorption if you take them with some healthy fats btw

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
From what I've been reading on the forums I think there is better stuff then ATD, I hear alot about droppin the libido down to nothing. Have you looked into anything else? Formestane, Trione?

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Yeah, ive done Novedex XT before and i saw decent gains with that. Ive read up on Trione and Formestane, but im a college student on a budget so they were too expensive. I am looking pretty tight because i had to reorder multi, creatine, protein, i was out of everything.

Plus, Formestane and E-form have a mild Ph in them im pretty sure. I read Neoborn's FAQ and i believe thats what he said, and id like to stay as natural as possible. Im only going to resort to Ph's after my body refuses to make gains and i dont see that happening for a long time.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, ive done Novedex XT before and i saw decent gains with that. Ive read up on Trione and Formestane, but im a college student on a budget so they were too expensive. I am looking pretty tight because i had to reorder multi, creatine, protein, i was out of everything.

Plus, Formestane and E-form have a mild Ph in them im pretty sure. I read Neoborn's FAQ and i believe thats what he said, and id like to stay as natural as possible. Im only going to resort to Ph's after my body refuses to make gains and i dont see that happening for a long time.
ATD is a steroidal AI. just putting that out there. also going to add that 3 caps (75mg) is going to really drop your libido, not exactly what you want while in collage IMO.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Yeah, i do know that is is steroidal but not to the point of calling it a prohormone or AAS. Like i said i took novedex up to 4 pills and they both have 3, 17-keto in them, and i didnt notice a huge dip in libido. Some of the times i think its nice to not think about sex 24/7 and maybe an exam or two.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I personally always experience a RISE in libido with RXT and NP generic ATD both... even juggs Test drive did it... it just effects everyone differently, people need to realize this is true with almost any supplement, mileage may vary.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
I guess if you do experiece some drop in libido you can purchase some Fenugreek for cheap like 4 bucks or whatever and theres other cheap supplements you could buy if you feel it going down.

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
I have a bottle of fenugreek sitting around from when GNC had it on sale for like 1 buck

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You really only need to take a suicidal AI once per day. After dinner with some oil and you're golden.

Start with one cap, and if you're up for it, move up to 2. I really don't see much benefit in going higher. Estrogen has a synergistic anabolic effect that works with testosterone; hence, the ideal of using a suicidal AI is to tweak the testosterone:estrogen ratio just enough to still maintain a high enough estrogen concentration to keep this synergy.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I took Giant ATD about a year back and when i got up to 75 mg's a day my joints were destroyed, i was lethargic and my libido had been completly executed. If i run it at 25mg a day i feel great, notice myself leaning out, joints are fine and libido seems to greater.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You really only need to take a suicidal AI once per day. After dinner with some oil and you're golden.

Start with one cap, and if you're up for it, move up to 2. I really don't see much benefit in going higher. Estrogen has a synergistic anabolic effect that works with testosterone; hence, the ideal of using a suicidal AI is to tweak the testosterone:estrogen ratio just enough to still maintain a high enough estrogen concentration to keep this synergy.
This is what I came in here to write.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Right on sinner! We all need to realize that more is NOT always better! You can't go butt-crazy on AI's. Moderation is the key. I also agree ATD can drop the libido and I suggest switching to a low dose transdermal formestane. It's no more "prohormone" than Novedex XT.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's actually quite a few drugs (Piracetam comes to mind) which clinical evidence shows their benefits to operate on a "bell curve", meaning there's a "sweet spot" to shoot for to have good results.

I think ATD is another good example. A little bit goes a long way, and a lotta bit brings you down a long way. ;)

Hitstick

Hitstick

Awards
Here's another question then. If i low dose the bottle of ATD which has 90 capsules, should i run something like 3 seperate 30-days on 30-days off with 1 a day, or 90-days through with 1 a day?

Or like a 1 a day for 15 days and 2 a day for 15 days on 2 30-day cycle?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would run it one a day, personally. 25mg is plenty.

If you get antsy, you can try moving up. Some people are more sensitive to ATD than others.

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
From what I've been reading on the forums I think there is better stuff then ATD, I hear alot about droppin the libido down to nothing. Have you looked into anything else? Formestane, Trione?
Trione (6-oxo) is an evolutionary step backwards from ATD (triene).

How is it better? I have heard the opposite.

Does anyone know the mechanism of action by which AI's decrease libido?

This effect would not seem to be desireable given their usage and marketing as post cycle therapy aids.

Learning this bit of information makes me feel like skipping PCT altogether for my epistane pulse.

However, I will still go with a solid test booster and transdermal AI, either E-form or Dermacrine Sustain.

Why would something that supposedly elevates test levels through the roof (Gaspari NXT) kill libido?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SOME estrogen is critical for libido optimization. Too much inhibition of Aromatase completely shuts off estrogen, leading to libido crash.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Would there still be good results from dosing ATD at 25mg a day? How long could a suicide AI be ran for, because if you were to buy the bulk ATD thats 90 days worth.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Would there still be good results from dosing ATD at 25mg a day? How long could a suicide AI be ran for, because if you were to buy the bulk ATD thats 90 days worth.
I probally wouldnt run it for longer then 60 days jsut so you can give your body a break for a little bit, then start again in 30 days if you like.

I actually did a solo run of RXT (first ATD product) at 75mg ed and had really positive effects strength wise, I felt great. Wasnt paying attention to libido back then since I lived In AZ and my girly at the time lived in CA.... but i do remember the weekends i visited her I had no problem with hittin home runs...

I dosed it 25mg ed with a TRN cycle also, a compound some say lowers libido as well, and definately had an increase in libido with random uncontrolable wood sometimes... felt like i was 13 again going through puberty.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I probally wouldnt run it for longer then 60 days jsut so you can give your body a break for a little bit, then start again in 30 days if you like.

I actually did a solo run of RXT (first ATD product) at 75mg ed and had really positive effects strength wise, I felt great. Wasnt paying attention to libido back then since I lived In AZ and my girly at the time lived in CA.... but i do remember the weekends i visited her I had no problem with hittin home runs...

I dosed it 25mg ed with a TRN cycle also, a compound some say lowers libido as well, and definately had an increase in libido with random uncontrolable wood sometimes... felt like i was 13 again going through puberty.
It's like you have said before poopy, everybody reacts differently to different compounds. I think one should start ATD at 50 mg. per day in 2 divided doses of 25 mg. each dose. Then if you feel the libido going "down" then lower the dosage. If you feel great, go up to 75 mg. per day in 3 divided doses. I would NOT run any higher however. Strong stuff!

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm currently 190 lbs and 25mg is too much for me. I take it 4-5 days a week to let some estrgen come back. Zits like crazy too.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently 190 lbs and 25mg is too much for me. I take it 4-5 days a week to let some estrgen come back. Zits like crazy too.
I would take it every other day.

One question I have been asking for years is "What is the resynthesis time for aromatase enzyme, given the use of a suicide inhibitor?"

I would love to be able to run a study to answer that question.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would take it every other day.

One question I have been asking for years is "What is the resynthesis time for aromatase enzyme, given the use of a suicide inhibitor?"

I would love to be able to run a study to answer that question.
I would love to see a study on this also. We all may be taking more aromatase inhibitors than we actually need to do the job we want it to. I've heard differing opinions on this ranging from days to weeks. I even read somewhere like 22 weeks! That is very improbable. But we would ALL save money if we were to find out that less is neeeded than what we are taking. Somebody, do a study!!!

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Would stacking 2 different AI's be pointless? Divanil and ATD at the same time or something of that.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would stacking 2 different AI's be pointless? Divanil and ATD at the same time or something of that.
Weakpoint---I wouldn't consider divanil an AI at all. It binds to SHBG(sex hormone binding globulin) to free up testosterone to do its anabolic job. I have personally stacked 2 AI's with good success, Transdermal formestane and transdermal androstenetrione. Myself and others find these 2 work well together. Take each in lesser doses than you would using only 1 of the 2.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
ohhhhhh ok, for some reason I thought it was an AI, thanks for the clear up. I think I've been reading way to much today been on these forums for like 8 hours.

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
Divanil (nettle root) is considered an herbal test booster for free test.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Would stacking an AI like ATD work with Divanil?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They go together like chocolate and peanut butter! Oh, this diet is killing me!!!

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
They go together like chocolate and peanut butter! Oh, this diet is killing me!!!
I'm guessing thats a good thing? I personally HATE peanut butter for some reason with jelly...its delic.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm guessing thats a good thing? I personally HATE peanut butter for some reason with jelly...its delic.
Yeah, it's a great thing! You would love divanil plus ATD!!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it would actually be agreat stack at maximizing natty test utilization.

Divanil will free up bound test so it can be used (as free test) but once its unbound from the SHBG then its sucseptible to aromitization into estrogen making it not only useless again but the exact oppisite of what you want. so taking ATD an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) is exactly what you want to take. This is exactly why Designer Supplements has the NHA stack of Rebound (atd) and Activate Extreme (divanil and other stuff) and also Anabolic Xtreme has the Mass Stack with Mass FX (divanil and 25rdiol, plus in the new one 11-alpha ecdysterone) and Hyperdrol X2 (6-Bromo wich is another AI one that doesnt cause a loss in libido like ATD can).

So obviously these companies know exactly what they are doing by offering these stacks, and with the added ingredients along with the base AI and Divanil they are just that much more effective, although you can def achieve a similar but less potent result using your own bulks as you were planning.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I personally always experience a RISE in libido with RXT and NP generic ATD both... even juggs Test drive did it... it just effects everyone differently, people need to realize this is true with almost any supplement, mileage may vary.
I get a temporary rise (no pun intended) then a great drop off at normal doses.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I get a temporary rise (no pun intended) then a great drop off at normal doses.
ya I went back and looked and realized that at a 50mg dose the same thing happened, for a while I had a big rise in libido, then it leveled off, not really fropping below norm, but then once I discontinued it again it skyrocketed again!

My guess is that there is a "just right" balance of slightly lowered est taht brings a boost in libido but too much est suppresion spells disaster for the libido.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
6 oxo is actually easier on me all around...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ya I went back and looked and realized that at a 50mg dose the same thing happened, for a while I had a big rise in libido, then it leveled off, not really fropping below norm, but then once I discontinued it again it skyrocketed again!

My guess is that there is a "just right" balance of slightly lowered est taht brings a boost in libido but too much est suppresion spells disaster for the libido.
This is kind of what I was getting at.

Say it takes 3 weeks for aromatase enzyme to be "resynthesized" once knocked out. If, say, 50mg of ATD knocks out 20% of aromatase then after a week or so at this dosing you will be near zero enzyme activity (disaster for libido).

What I want to figure out is the perfect dosing scheme...,maybe 50mg every 3-4 days.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is kind of what I was getting at.

Say it takes 3 weeks for aromatase enzyme to be "resynthesized" once knocked out. If, say, 50mg of ATD knocks out 20% of aromatase then after a week or so at this dosing you will be near zero enzyme activity (disaster for libido).

What I want to figure out is the perfect dosing scheme...,maybe 50mg every 3-4 days.
Taking once or twice per week does not sound like a bad idea, but your rationale is a little iffy.

If 50mg hypothetically knocks out 20% of aromatase after the first dose, it will knock out <20% the second dose, <<20% the third dose, and so on and so forth until it's eliminating aromatase as fast as it is reforming.

This is because as the total amount of enzyme decreases, the concentration decreases; therefore, the likelihood of ATD to come in contact with the enzyme greatly decreases.

It is easier to hook up with a lady when there's 500 women at the club than when there's 5.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
for some reason it's just as hard for me when there are 500 women.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taking once or twice per week does not sound like a bad idea, but your rationale is a little iffy.

If 50mg hypothetically knocks out 20% of aromatase after the first dose, it will knock out <20% the second dose, <<20% the third dose, and so on and so forth until it's eliminating aromatase as fast as it is reforming.

This is because as the total amount of enzyme decreases, the concentration decreases; therefore, the likelihood of ATD to come in contact with the enzyme greatly decreases.

It is easier to hook up with a lady when there's 500 women at the club than when there's 5.
Agreed...that is why I try not to post when I an in a hurry.

You are absolutely correct, though. I am leaning towards the twice a week, 50mg dose, which I will be trying as soon as I reorder the ATD.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
for some reason it's just as hard for me when there are 500 women.
In chemistry, however, the forces of attraction obey Coulomb's law. Carbon and Oxygen, lemme tell ya, these guys got game.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed...that is why I try not to post when I an in a hurry.

You are absolutely correct, though. I am leaning towards the twice a week, 50mg dose, which I will be trying as soon as I reorder the ATD.
Sounds like a decent plan. 1 thing of NP's ATD will freaking last you forever, if you do it that way.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a decent plan. 1 thing of NP's ATD will freaking last you forever, if you do it that way.
Well THAT will never do....we have to buy MORE MORE MORE and SPEND SPEND SPEND...god forbid we figure a way to maximize benefit at a super low cost.

G

Effects of ATD on male sexual behavior and androgen receptor binding: a reexamination of the aromatization hypothesis.
Kaplan ME, McGinnis MY.

Department of Anatomy, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, CUNY, New York 10029.

The aromatization hypothesis asserts that testosterone (T) must be aromatized to estradiol (E2) to activate copulatory behavior in the male rat. In support of this hypothesis, the aromatization inhibitor, ATD, has been found to suppress male sexual behavior in T-treated rats. In our experiment, we first replicated this finding by peripherally injecting ATD (15 mg/day) or propylene glycol into T-treated (two 10-mm Silastic capsules) or control castrated male rats. In a second experiment, we bilaterally implanted either ATD-filled or blank cannulae into the medial preoptic area (MPOA) of either T-treated or control castrated male rats. With this more local distribution of ATD, a lesser decline in sexual behavior was found, suggesting that other brain areas are involved in the neurohormonal activation of copulatory behavior in the male rat. To determine whether in vivo ATD interacts with androgen or estrogen receptors, we conducted cell nuclear androgen and estrogen receptor binding assays of hypothalamus, preoptic area, amygdala, and septum following treatment with the combinations of systemic T alone. ATD plus T, ATD alone, and blank control. In all four brain areas binding of T to androgen receptors was significantly decreased in the presence of ATD, suggesting that ATD may act both as an androgen receptor blocker and as an aromatization inhibitor. Competitive binding studies indicated that ATD competes in vitro for cytosol androgen receptors, thus substantiating the in vivo antiandrogenic effects of ATD. Cell nuclear estrogen receptor binding was not significantly increased by exposure to T in the physiological range. No agonistic properties of ATD were observed either behaviorally or biochemically. Thus, an alternative explanation for the inhibitory effects of ATD on male sexual behavior is that ATD prevents T from binding to androgen receptors.

PMID: 2925181 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Effects of ATD on male sexual behavior and androge...[Horm Behav. 1989] - PubMed Result

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that study matches exactly with what was being discussed in this thread a while back....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/72903-why-atd-should.html

I wonder if a study can be found regarding the resynthisizing time of Aromatase :think:

I guess the biggest thing though in our case would be just how often to dose the ATD to maintain a slightly lower then norm level....

well I still have a bottle here next to me of at least 60pills of nutra ATD that i actually split into half size ~12.5mg just by volume(dont know exact due to fillers) just cause I wanted to be able to dose a continuosly lower dose in an attempt to achieve this very thing. Didnt notice much from it at 12.5mg/ed but I did notice nipple sensativity drop with no negative effect on libido.... might just be too often still or instead be too small an amount to make it through the gut and liver to really get enough aromatase to boost libido.... thoughts on this method?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sx/y, the selectivity term, is expressed as rx/ry; where rx and ry are reaction rates.

reaction rates in this case are one to one, making their case simple to go about.

rx = kx[ATD]*[Aromatase]
ry= ky[ATD]*[AR's]
*note: [AR's] doesn't really work like this, but for simplicity's sake, since a small few are still with me anyhow, we'll pretend it's a liquid phase reaction.

It is known that ATD has an affinity for AR's; however, it has a greater affinity for aromatase, thus Sx/y>1.

Let it also be known that the inhibition of aromatase leads to an increase in free testosterone. Sy/t is also greater than one, meaning that testosterone is more likely to bind to the AR's than ATD is.

Blah blah blah, theoretical blah, point where two differential curves meet, blah blah blah; therefore, this further supports the idea of taking ATD 2-3x per week.

G

that study matches exactly with what was being discussed in this thread a while back....

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/72903-why-atd-should.html

I wonder if a study can be found regarding the resynthisizing time of Aromatase :think:

I guess the biggest thing though in our case would be just how often to dose the ATD to maintain a slightly lower then norm level....

well I still have a bottle here next to me of at least 60pills of nutra ATD that i actually split into half size ~12.5mg just by volume(dont know exact due to fillers) just cause I wanted to be able to dose a continuosly lower dose in an attempt to achieve this very thing. Didnt notice much from it at 12.5mg/ed but I did notice nipple sensativity drop with no negative effect on libido.... might just be too often still or instead be too small an amount to make it through the gut and liver to really get enough aromatase to boost libido.... thoughts on this method?

This was posted over at bb.com from another member so not sure what the full text states but just putting it out there so you guys can make good decisions..

take care