tta

differentgirl

differentgirl

Awards
hi,
i am just about to start a course of powerzone nutrition LIPO FUSION, containing TTA. in the last year i have lost 17kg on my own through exercise and diet and am now sitting on a solid weight of 65kg. most of this is muscle but i am struggling to get a clean toned look with that niggley last bit of excess weight. hench my desicion to try tta with my continued program. i was wondering if anyone hase tried this product and what the results were and if there are anyside effects with the product. Got this far on my own....now i need help!! :frustrate

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suppose this is the formula:

Unit size: 120 capsules
Serving size: 4 capsules

Ingredients per 4 capsules:
1000mgs Tetradecylthiocetic Acid - TTA
600mgs Tyrosine Ethyl Ester
400mgs Green Tea Extract ( 98% Polyphenols, 60% EGCG-240mgs , 85% Catechins-340mgs )
250mgs ForsLean ™ 20% Extract - Coleus Forskohlii standardized for 50mgs of Forskolin.

It basically looks good. However, considering that TTA has the side effect that it, in general, stimulates the activity of an enzyme, Diacylglycerol acyltransferase (DGAT), involved in fat storage/redeposition, it is recommended to add Salvia Miltiorrhiza, a DGAT-inhibiting compound, to TTA, to prevent redeposition/fat storage.

See TTA at NutraPlanet: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/salvia-miltiorrhiza-40-75-grams.html
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/tta-100-grams.html

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
also be prepared to take in a lot more water, and also more electrolytes in general while taking this. TTA can give some people headaches if you get somewhat dehydrated while taking it. outside of that, it can cause short term bloating as well. Mind you, these are the most likely sides, but they don't happen to most people.

That is a nice overall formula, assuming the price isn't atrocious.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Well deserved reps for good advice. Good job team AN.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hi,
i am just about to start a course of powerzone nutrition LIPO FUSION, containing TTA.....and if there are anyside effects with the product.
I wouldn't use this product,TTA may have some long term detrimental effects.Below my post is a post by Spook (a highly respected scientist and member of mindandmuscle) taken from the linked thread below.

In lieu of this product,I suggest Sesathin or Sesamin taken with fish oil.

I'd also pick up some green tea extract,Scivation's Lean Green or Primordial Performance's Tea-3 and take one dose per day,mid morning on an empty stomach.This dosage/timing is key for fat loss.

Sesathin and Sesamin are now both in bulk (liquid) form so pricing has been greatly reduced.

Spook's words on TTA:

First qoute in response to a question regarding rhabdo:

when people complain of cramping and muscle weakness on TTA are they in fact describing rhabdomyolysis?

Probobly not. But who the hell knows. I still can't beleive people are willing to take that stuff. Frankly TTA scares the crap out of me. I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. The idea of ingesting a non-metabolizable compound makes me nervous. Especially a fat soluble compound like TTA. Who the hell knows how long that stuff will sit around in your system. To scary for me.

Second qoute:

"TTA on the other hand could be dangerous. Please note I did not say "is" I said "could be". Need studies to test a radio labed version in humans. It does freak me out because of it's fat solubility and that pharmacokinetic studies in rats show preferential incorporation in to phospholipid membranes of the heart, liver and kidney.

With TTA it looks to me like you are taking in a fat that your body has a hellish time getting rid of. don't know what the ramifications of that are but it is enough of a big question mark to keep me away from it.

I mean what exactly happens to the cells where it is incorporated in to the membrane over the long term? does it build up in fat tissue like fat soluble poisons? What is the pathway through which it is eliminated in the kidney? Does it place undue stress on the kidneys? The reports of cloudy urine really freaked me out.

personally I would not touch the stuff."

Grfited from this thread,the discussion on TTA starts on page 11 and continues thru 13.

Why Dont More People Use Fibrates? - Mind and Muscle Forums

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yea as of recent TTA seems to be under "research" as that a few sides may be more pronounced during long term use. I read on another forum also some things on it and research being done. I would old off or at least cycle it for 2 weeks at a time(on and off) just to play it safe for now.

Good luck.

EDIT: Not to lead in any or tell people what to do. I read 3 or 4 reviews/"studies" on TTA and i have to say i dropped it from an order. Like said above. It seems to be impressive but at what cost?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never cramped on it...

Tho once I got these cramps out of nowhere, it was unbearable!!!!

My pee went BROWN.. so I stopped taking them, and increased my water intake and went away.. biggest prob with any supps, you need to go from drinking 2litres of water to 4-6litres a day at least!!

:)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i dont know how many gallons that is but i am usually at 1-1 1/2 gal a day. I dont think the issue with TTA is hydration its more putting it in and so far not much is really seem to be known in its action or long term effects. Many people are worried about it becasue the above information is known about it and can be found on multiple forums.

Most supps dont directly tell you to increase water intake as far as ive seen, only creatine mono, tta, diedel test hardcore and maybe 1-2 more things. All have their reason and most just say make sure water intake is adequate as you always should.(not you directly in general)

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
If you're just lookin for a little more weight and improved tone have you upped your cardio? I'm sure it's high anyhow considering you dropped about 1/4 of your body weight already. Have you thought about a GH booster like USP's Powerfull? Most blind studies show a continous boost in GH can make poeple slimmer & decrease BF a bit wihout changing anything else.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most supps are not 100% safe...
Red meat causes cancer even I thought!

LOL so yeh.. anything in a pill isnt good for you! lol

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
pop. as in soda pop, also causes cancer. There is tons of things that can.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to downplay spooks feelings, but frankly there are so many things in the "lifestyle" that we have no idea on long term effects that i'm not really seeing TTA's risks as very different than others. How risky is superdrol or clenbuterol?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Not to downplay spooks feelings, but frankly there are so many things in the "lifestyle" that we have no idea on long term effects that i'm not really seeing TTA's risks as very different than others. How risky is superdrol or clenbuterol?
True. But at least we know (or think we do at least) pretty much how those ork in every way, from bio-availability to what enzyme and receptors come into play. So in that we can help curb some sides and use it more "safely". I mean as in Sdrol using supports for liver and heart, etc.
Clen we know the 2on 2off is prolly best due to receptor downgrade, and are familiar with the sides.

TTA just holds a little bit of an open end right now as to what exactly it does and how. Like the report says, youre puttin a certain kind of fat into you and the heart,kidney and liver cell membranes are some how being effected.

No i know when you have excess fats or they dont break down you tend to excret(sp?)(#2 them out) and i think most report the runs on DCP(which has a decent amount of TTA in it. I feel there could be a connection there. The bowl is often very foul smelling as a sign of fat comin out through the stool.

Sorry for the graphicness(yea i made up a word) but i kept it a decent as i could haha.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, reports of bowel problems with DCP are not very common at all.

We purposely chose a dose of TTA that would be synergistically effective without having to use massive doses.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hi,
i am just about to start a course of powerzone nutrition LIPO FUSION, containing TTA. in the last year i have lost 17kg on my own through exercise and diet and am now sitting on a solid weight of 65kg. most of this is muscle but i am struggling to get a clean toned look with that niggley last bit of excess weight. hench my desicion to try tta with my continued program. i was wondering if anyone hase tried this product and what the results were and if there are anyside effects with the product. Got this far on my own....now i need help!! :frustrate
Why not give RPN's DCP a try :). It differs from the product you've described in ways(contents and dosage), however we've had very good user reports/results with this formula. It's contents are as follows:

Tetradecylthioacetic Acid 250mg
Salvia Miltiorrhiza Extract (Standardized For 40% Mixed Tanshinones) 250mg
Propionyl-L-Carnitine 300mg
Potassium Pyruvate 300mg
Raspberry Ketones 100mg

How do the ingredients work?

TTA is a fatty acid which the product is based upon. It has properties including increasing your metabolism, helps with insulin sensitivity and of most interest to dieters is that it frees up so called "fat burning units" via PPAR-alpha, which results in increased caloric expenditure. TTA also activates PPAR-delta, which causes fatty acids to be drained from the bloodstream and further assists with fatty acid oxidation.

Salvia Miltiorrhiza - traditionally used in Chinese medicine, but for our purposes it is used to help with liver lipid metabolism and the promotion of fat burning. TTA increases the activity of DGAT, which transfers acyl groups to glycerols, allowing fat to be redesposited. Salvia Miltiorrhiza inhibits this enzyme.

PLCAR - to further assist in the burning up of the fatty acids released into the bloodstream by the TTA. Also helps combat general fatigue which makes a dosage suitable to be taken pre-workout for added endurance.

Raspberry Ketones - helps to modulate fat metabolism

Potassium Pyruvate - as spectacular as TTA is, it has caused some cramping issues in certain individuals, so the potassium has been added to alleviate this.

It already contains Salvia Miltiorrhiza which inhibits the DGAT enzyme that causes fat redeposition/fat storage along with potassium pyruvate for cramping prevention.

And best of all it's available by our board sponsor Nutraplanet. :) DCP (180 caps) By: RPN
It's currently out of stock, but should be back up in stock within a week.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Trauma deserves a promotion, whatya think D?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trauma deserves a promotion, whatya think D?
Whad'ya talking about? He's been with us a short time and he's already MY boss.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Actually, reports of bowel problems with DCP are not very common at all.

We purposely chose a dose of TTA that would be synergistically effective without having to use massive doses.
I agree Matt,
I have stomach issues with alot of supps (gut health changed alot of that) but no issues at all with DCP.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
my bad guys. Maybe i only read one or 2 reports related to it. I know, if memeory serves me, Easy had reported the runs or Hurleyboy. I know Easy pushes rec. doses sometimes though.

PS-Dont get me wrong i support RPN alot. I hope to use DCP on my heavy cut. I would just like to see more info, lab, before i jump into Bulk TTA.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PS-Dont get me wrong i support RPN alot. I hope to use DCP on my heavy cut. I would just like to see more info, lab, before i jump into Bulk TTA.
Make sure you log it when you do twitch. I look forward to seeing your results with DCP!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
alright man, I will but i got a plethora of stuff planned for it.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
my bad guys. Maybe i only read one or 2 reports related to it. I know, if memeory serves me, Easy had reported the runs or Hurleyboy.
No runs for me. I did frequent the bathroom quite a bit more while on LevR/DCP, but I can't remember anything more the just going a lot! I'd recommend DCP to anybody. 'Cept Dsade... he's a meany.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so runs or no runs. The theory i think still stands.
I plan to use DCP only cause the great feedback and that it is a different way to attack weightloss in my plan of attack.
It just sucks that it is still a little unknown.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I imagine if tta were cycled, there would be less to worry about. I mean if you use it for 6 weeks, then take a break, then start up again, your body is still getting a break from it. You could use some PH and be in a lot worse shape after 6 weeks, then from a 6 week run of tta. Just my 2 pennies. :)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
i poop more on dcp.. and I like it.

:D

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I imagine if tta were cycled, there would be less to worry about. I mean if you use it for 6 weeks, then take a break, then start up again, your body is still getting a break from it. You could use some PH and be in a lot worse shape after 6 weeks, then from a 6 week run of tta. Just my 2 pennies. :)
agreed. but as i said above, things seem to be a bit more clear on PHs, for the most part.

I was only goin to use it once for about 6 weeks anyway.(bulk, not DCP)
DCP more frequent if all goes well.

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
ill be grabbing some DCP hopefully from NP in the VERY near future.

Seriously, RPN really needs to just get a list of the most popular stuff and put their label on it, then all my bottles would match, lol.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ill be grabbing some DCP hopefully from NP in the VERY near future.

Seriously, RPN really needs to just get a list of the most popular stuff and put their label on it, then all my bottles would match, lol.
LOL give us the list;)