Supps for menopause symptoms?

joshddutton

Awards
My mom is having really bad menopausal symptoms and was wondering if you guys can recommend something to ease the symptoms.

She complains all the time: can't sleep, "its hot in here!" , depression, night sweats.

I wanted to recommend IGF-2 :clap2:eek:r powerful :clap2: to her cause it rocks for sleep and i feel great on it ... but im not sure if that would be a good idea. :sad:

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
My mom is having really bad menopausal symptoms and was wondering if you guys can recommend something to ease the symptoms.

She complains all the time: can't sleep, "its hot in here!" , depression, night sweats.

I wanted to recommend IGF-2 :clap2:eek:r powerful :clap2: to her cause it rocks for sleep and i feel great on it ... but im not sure if that would be a good idea. :sad:
25 mgs of DHEA 3 to 4 times a day. Never exceed 25 mgs at a time. You can start at 10 mgs instead of 25 mgs, but the studies were done at 25 mgs.

I am having trouble locating studies, but I will try to find them tomorrow.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!

She complains all the time: can't sleep, "its hot in here!" , depression, night sweats...
It is basically an imbalance in hormone levels. This is why Pregnenolone (the master hormone), DHEA, melatonin, or a combination of these is recommended. The precise effective amounts may vary from individual to individual to keep any sides from DHEA at a minimum.

Alternatively, you may want to consider certain herbal options.

Black cohosh is primarily recommended for the treatment of such menopausal symptoms as hot flashes, menopausal depression and anxiety, night sweats, insomnia, and fatigue. In younger women, it is used in the treatment of surgically triggered hormonal imbalances (due to, say, hysterectomy or ovariectomy) as well as for menstrual disorders.

Dong quai can effectively alleviate menopausal symptoms without harmfully impacting the uterus or vagina.

St. John’s Wort (hypericin extract) is sometimes also recommended. It is a weak inhibitor of monoamine oxidase A. Monoamine oxidase A destroys dopamine in the brain, leading to low moods common in menopausal women.

Phyto-estrogens (plant-derived estrogens) can produce benefits in the treatment of hot flashes and so on without the risks associated with synthetic estrogen replacement.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
garz Supplement Auction 2
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Supplement Auction 6
Supplement Auction 6