95% Avenacosides

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this was in a USPlabs product some time ago. Has there been any studies on this. I tried a 10% at 3 grams a day and saw and felt nothing. What does Avena claim to do anyways?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know this was in a USPlabs product some time ago. Has there been any studies on this. I tried a 10% at 3 grams a day and saw and felt nothing. What does Avena claim to do anyways?
Avenacosides are the actives in Avena Sativa. They are said to dramatically improve total and free testosterone levels, reduce SHBG, display cortisol-modulating properties, and enhance mood and recovery.

Prefer the 95% extract.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Avenacosides are the actives in Avena Sativa. They are said to dramatically improve total and free testosterone levels, reduce SHBG, display cortisol-modulating properties, and enhance mood and recovery.

Prefer the 95% extract.

Thanks man, you sure do have good info. Most of the reports I have ever heard were ancedotal, do you know if any studies have ever been done just on the 95%?

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
bump...Does anyone sell a high extract of bulk avena sativa?

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
i got four bottles of that.
TNA .. trib, nettle and avena.
it was superb.
I have been seeking a good 95% nettle product ever since.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Not sure of a seller, but I know a few suppliers from China carry this.

Searched a little, but no hits off the bat and not much time unfortunately.
thanks Steve.
I did some searches myself.
And a couple of price requests.
I might have to actually join the trade sites though.
I am wondering just how expensive the higher extract is.

The funny thing is ... most of the sites had the low extracts up to like 15% and then it jumped straight to 95%.

I hope I can get some.
And then I'll just have to get some of you guys bulk nettle.
Pop in some lj100.
That will do it.

Already taking green vitamins and fish oil/alcar/n-r-ala mix

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Like you, I was let down by Avena even @ 10 grams ED. I just spent about half an hour trying to find a medical study that supports the assumption that Avena raises Testosterone, but I coundn't find a single one and I used at least 6 different data bases. If anyone has a link to a study please post.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
if anyone knows a company that sells low volume Avena 95% Avenacosides PM me. Especially if its a company in Canada, USA, or UK.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I ordered some BAC Avena to see how it works. Its pretty cheap and at about 2 grams ED for the past two weeks it has made me sleep deeper, gave me a energy boost when I awakened.
My libido is not super high like on some of the brand name products, but its a slow burn.
Plus mentally I have more focus at work and while exercising and my sinuses arent bothering me as much.
And you know how with a test boost you get that extra aggressiveness in a good way. Got that as well.

And I am only taking the Avena, Cissus, DHA(veggie), and multivitamins.

Still searching for the 95% though.
Havent gotten a word back from any supplier yet though.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I ordered some BAC Avena to see how it works. Its pretty cheap and at about 2 grams ED for the past two weeks it has made me sleep deeper, gave me a energy boost when I awakened.
My libido is not super high like on some of the brand name products, but its a slow burn.
Plus mentally I have more focus at work and while exercising and my sinuses arent bothering me as much.
And you know how with a test boost you get that extra aggressiveness in a good way. Got that as well.

And I am only taking the Avena, Cissus, DHA(veggie), and multivitamins.

Still searching for the 95% though.
Havent gotten a word back from any supplier yet though.
good luck on that one :) I know of 50-100 different suppliers around the world, and I can honestly tell you- legitimate 95% Avena is VERY hard to come by, and if you plan on buying a sizeable quantity, I would get it tested first (pref. HPLC-TLC)- same goes with high % nettle- lot of fakes and rip-offs going around out there....

We will be getting HPLC within the next few months- and we will be actively testing a LOT of different extracts/products from sources/brokers, suppliers, and other companies- should be very interesting ;)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck on that one :) I know of 50-100 different suppliers around the world, and I can honestly tell you- legitimate 95% Avena is VERY hard to come by, and if you plan on buying a sizeable quantity, I would get it tested first (pref. HPLC-TLC)- same goes with high % nettle- lot of fakes and rip-offs going around out there....

We will be getting HPLC within the next few months- and we will be actively testing a LOT of different extracts/products from sources/brokers, suppliers, and other companies- should be very interesting ;)
Yea it's good to be careful. Glad to hear you guys are getting your own HPLC :) I know the ones at my lab at university are 5+ figures, things are darn expensive!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea it's good to be careful. Glad to hear you guys are getting your own HPLC :) I know the ones at my lab at university are 5+ figures, things are darn expensive!
:) they ain't cheap- but in the long run will be cheaper than having third party testing constantly done- and they can measure potency, purity, composition, and contaminant levels in substances- plus they are one of the best things for analyzing botanicals, which is what we mostly work with (with a few exceptions)

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established

my uncle is connected to that testing department at the local uni so that should not be a problem.
all the places i queried offered samples so i can get small batches before getting a big purchase..

one supplier is a well known us company with a good rep, so i am mainly banking on theirs and the others as standbys.

i just am really interested in seeing what the effects of it are.

you are right though.. it was a pain to find.

i just have this insane idea that the 95% avena compound would be some awesome stuff.
ever since i did a test run of a certain supplement.
had pretty much the best all around effects on me.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a million for the smart advice guys.
Always grateful to get knowledge from the pros.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New age botanicals out of aus has been good to me. Gotta wait a while, but all in all not that bad if willing to pay the shipping.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
New age botanicals out of aus has been good to me. Gotta wait a while, but all in all not that bad if willing to pay the shipping.
Thread is from 2008, homie. ;)

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eh, wtvr, maybe it'll help someone else who's interested. I just peruse and read what interests me, lol. Guess I should pay attn to dates tho.
May still help during someone's google search tho...?