NOW Foods' Stinging Nettle Root

1. Registered User
    Answers

NOW Foods' Stinging Nettle Root

anyone tried this? it's very cheap at nutra so i'm thinking about giving it a shot. i might get a few if anyone has anything good to say about it.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sfearl1 View Post
    anyone tried this? it's very cheap at nutra so i'm thinking about giving it a shot. i might get a few if anyone has anything good to say about it.
    I would be finishing one bottle today. I dosed at 6 caps per day. Three first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and three in the evening (or just before sleep), again on an empty stomach. Frankly, I did not notice any difference. I would recommend NutraPlanet's Nettle Root 60% - 95%: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...-50-grams.html
    or alternatively, Activate Xtreme with the potent nettle extract, Divanil™: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/d...-120-caps.html.
    I'll be starting a stack with Activate Xtreme in the next few days, by the way.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

nutra's discontinued the bulk nettle from what i've heard until they get a new source. i would go with the activate xtreme but it's rather expensive. i was more or less looking to run nettle root over an extended period of time instead of using a single bottle.
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Answers

I have used the old Activate as part of PCT before, I have been wanting to do a cycle of Activate Xtreme. But I also have a long list of Cycles I want to do. So many cycles so little time.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sfearl1 View Post
    ..i would go with the activate xtreme but it's rather expensive. i was more or less looking to run nettle root over an extended period of time instead of using a single bottle.
    The results may justify the "expense"
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

That stinging nettle isn't standardized for anything and what you want is 3,4-Divanil. It really isn't comparable to 95% 3,4.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT
    Currently Pursuing a Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haiz69 View Post
    That stinging nettle isn't standardized for anything and what you want is 3,4-Divanil. It really isn't comparable to 95% 3,4.
    Agree. That was why I suggested Activate Xtreme.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Also agree, I have taken half bottle of the NOW brand and haven't noticed anything. Gonna order up some bulk nettle.

Does anyone know how much nettle affects thyroid function?
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haiz69 View Post
    I was told scopoletin - but indeed, it's not going to replace an extract specific for 3,4-div.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Man View Post
    I was told scopoletin - but indeed, it's not going to replace an extract specific for 3,4-div.
    Yeah. I think I remember that now. Thanks for the clarification...I speak too quickly sometimes.
    NSCA-CSCS and CPT
    Currently Pursuing a Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree
  11. Registered User
    Answers

native Americans used nettles as a cure for upset stomachs and stomach aches...dry the leaves and make a hot tea out of steeping the leaves.

Being a Native American history major, I tried it...the hardest part is cultivating the leaves and not touching them. Much like poison ivy, some people are extremely sensitive and soem are not....nettles will make you think you walked into a fire ant hill....burns and itches....

two of my arabian horses are very sensitive to the leaves if they brush them out on the trail...my Spanish Mustang/Paso Fino mare doesnt seemed too bothered by them.

I have never had a problem with them but my wife is extremely sensitive.

the tea works well for upset stomach...much like steeping a tea from peppermint or spearmint leaves for the cure of stomach aches.

Never really read, heard or seen of any other uses for it....

just thought I would throw that in <cha-ching> (the sound of my two cents worth)

GONZO !!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. STINGING NETTLES ROOT EXTRACT Tested
    By Mr.TT in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 07:55 AM
  2. Stinging Nettle Root (90 Vcaps)
    By Ari Gold in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM
  3. Stinging Nettle Root