5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone And 7-Isopropoxy-Isoflavone

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone (Methoxyisoflavone) and 7-Isopropoxy-Isoflavone (Ipriflavone):

Methoxyisoflavone and Ipriflavone are potent natural non-hormonal anabolics that have been suggested to deliver steriod-like effects without the unpleasant androgenic sides (such as impotence, premature hair loss, sterility, acne, gynecomastia, aggression, hypertension, heart palpitations, cardiovascular disease, enlarged heart, and so on).

5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone and 7-Isopropoxy-Isoflavone are basically non-steriodal isoflavones. They support steriod-like effects such as improved nitrogen retention and elevated protein synthesis (support greater protein synthesis at constant caloric intake), promotion of fat loss, modulation of the anti-catabolic effects of cortisol, regulation of cholesterol levels, and enhancement of endurance and recovery.

Methoxyisoflavone is said to be up to three times more powerful than Ipriflavone!

Methoxyisoflavone and Ipriflavone appear to work via different pathways, making them a highly synergistic stack. Dosage appears to be between 400mg to 1200mg daily in divided doses for Methoxyisoflavone and 250mg to 1250mg daily in divided doses for Ipriflavone. Bioperine or 6,7,-dyhydroxybergamottin is usually recommended for enhanced absorption.

Both of them appear to work better when stacked with protein. Another compound that appears to demonstrate significant synergy with these isoflavones is ecdysterone. So, the perfect stack involving these isoflavones would be Methoxyisoflavone/Ipriflavone/Protein/Ecdysterone.

Has any one used any of these isoflavones? If yes, what were the results like?

Last edited:
joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong, but I believe this is the basis of universal's M-Stak. I tried it and thought it was ok, but nothing more. However those doses are probably on the low end of the scale and in bulk you might see better results.

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I have tried Universal's Iso Stack a couple years back and got nothing from it, however the dosages were quite low relative to the amounts you posted to be effective.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Many of these compounds were under-dosed when they were introduced a few years back, but, thanks to bulk powders, they can be used effectively and economically.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep! Dosage appears to be a key issue here. I have no clue why some supplement companies (severely) under-dose effective compounds, such that users end up without noticing any impact. These users will definitely not repeat their purchase and would end up (rightly) discrediting the compound. Those companies basically shoot themselves in the legs! Appear to have masochistic tendencies :D

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of using phytotest + EcdySterone + Ipriflavone

I used mstak along time ago and did feel i gained from it but the excess caffiene kept me up.

Would you guys recommend any products to build a stack with good dosages. To make this actually work. I might drop the phytotest since I would rather order all from one site since i need to send all this stuff to canada.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
Is that stuff for real? I remember it from a few years back and everyone complained that it was junk.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The patent on Methoxy was based on research on pigs in like the 1960's.

Just sayin'.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yep! Dosage appears to be a key issue here. I have no clue why some supplement companies (severely) under-dose effective compounds, such that users end up without noticing any impact. These users will definitely not repeat their purchase and would end up (rightly) discrediting the compound. Those companies basically shoot themselves in the legs! Appear to have masochistic tendencies :D
make sure you take it with some sort of fatty medium to enhance absorption- I think this is one of the reasons people were not getting results in the past few years- Isoflavones do not work particularly well if they are not taken with fat.....

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
make sure you take it with some sort of fatty medium to enhance absorption- I think this is one of the reasons people were not getting results in the past few years- Isoflavones do not work particularly well if they are not taken with fat.....plus, TS is right- a lot of the research IS based on pigs in the 60's...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Which Methoxy products currently available are most cost-efficient? Does NP have bulk?

shakti

Awards
Many of these compounds were under-dosed when they were introduced a few years back, but, thanks to bulk powders, they can be used effectively and economically.
so these are available in bulk? could you Pm me if its against board policy to list source, i know NP doesnt carry it.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The patent on Methoxy was based on research on pigs in like the 1960's.

Just sayin'.
I think there are more recent efforts. On humans.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IIRC, ipri helped with bone density more than LBM.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, you are right. For lean mass purposes, methoxyisoflavone is several factors more potent. I was only looking at stacking methoxyisoflavone, ipriflavone, and ecdysterone. If Phyto-Testosterone contained the two, I would have looked for ecdysterone elsewhere.

terminator

terminator

Awards
I have always wanted to try these ingredients, but I have refrained from taking them due to high cost and lack of any peer reviewed clinical trial scientific information on the efficacy of these ingredients.

I think I will try these ingredients and post my findings in a few weeks since the only supplement I am currently using is protein powder.

I might even use methoxy isoflavone with bioperine, but I will take the bioperine 15 to 30 mins before ingesting the other ingredients so it won't be wasted due to the unique mechanism of action of bioperine.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Let us know what products/bulks you end up using and doses

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have always wanted to try these ingredients, but I have refrained from taking them due to high cost and lack of any peer reviewed clinical trial scientific information on the efficacy of these ingredients.

I think I will try these ingredients and post my findings in a few weeks since the only supplement I am currently using is protein powder.

I might even use methoxy isoflavone with bioperine, but I will take the bioperine 15 to 30 mins before ingesting the other ingredients so it won't be wasted due to the unique mechanism of action of bioperine.

It’s important that you dose the methoxyisoflavone multiple times per day. It has a relatively short half life, so if you wanted to split your dose up into 4x a day then that would be good.

Our Phyto-Test enhances the delivery of Methoxy with an oral phospholipid matrix that will help a portion of the ingredients absorb sublingually / orally before it even hits the stomach, but its still important to space you doses out.

-Pp

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
Ill be starting a 1000mg of 5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone and a 900mg 7-Isopropoxy-Isoflavone a day cycle in about a week. It will be spread out to 3x dosages per day. Ill be downing a bunch of protein with each dosage as well. I'll let everyone know how it goes...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ill be starting a 1000mg of 5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone and a 900mg 7-Isopropoxy-Isoflavone a day cycle in about a week. It will be spread out to 3x dosages per day. Ill be downing a bunch of protein with each dosage as well. I'll let everyone know how it goes...
This sounds great! I'd be very interested in your progress.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
RMS80:
Any suggestions on what fatty medium I should take with this?

StrategicMove:
I'll be sure to post my progress here. I should be starting by the end of the week.

sogone2day:
Nope, I bought each seperately, not in bulk form.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
What are you using then? if you don't mind saying

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
What are you using then? if you don't mind saying
Sure. Im new to the board and didnt want people to think I'm sell something by mentioning the brands, thats why I did not mention it in my earlier post.

Im taking Scifit 5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone @ 500mg per pill & NOW Ipriflavone @ 300mg per pill.

I've never tried either before...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Where could one find Ipriflavone? Please PM me, if you aren't allowed to say.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
FYI, I started my Methoxy - Ipriflavone cycle today, so I'll keep everyone updated on my progress!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
[as I go research the possibilties of a new Methoxy/Ipriflavone/Ecdy stack...]
I have already ordered 5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone and Ecdysterone. I'll run the stack later, as I am currently doing a different stack. Hence, my interest in the progress of IvyLeaguePump's log/stack :D

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I have already ordered 5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone and Ecdysterone. I'll run the stack later, as I am currently doing a different stack. Hence, my interest in the progress of IvyLeaguePump's log/stack :D
I hear ya man. I thought I had my stacks planned out from now til the end of the summer (currently X-Factor+Drive til end of March, then 4 weeks of IGF-2+Neovar for April, then Formestane+Napalm over the first few weeks of summer for May/June, followed by Diesel Test Hardcore for June/July to combat any minimal rebound from the Form).

Where do I fit this in now??

(Also, I love following your posts. Do you mind letting me know which products you're looking at for this type of stack? PM me if you'd rather not post... Thanks!)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear ya man. I thought I had my stacks planned out from now til the end of the summer (currently X-Factor+Drive til end of March, then 4 weeks of IGF-2+Neovar for April, then Formestane+Napalm over the first few weeks of summer for May/June, followed by Diesel Test Hardcore for June/July to combat any minimal rebound from the Form).

Where do I fit this in now??
I'll do it between the X-Factor/Drive and IGF-2/NeoVar stacks. The gains you (hopefully) get from the Methoxy stack should be nicely consolidated by the IGF-2/NeoVar stack.

(Also, I love following your posts. Do you mind letting me know which products you're looking at for this type of stack? PM me if you'd rather not post... Thanks!)
Thanks!
1) SciFit Methoxy 500 EX, 60 caps
2) SciFit Ecdysterone 300, 60 Caps (because the product comes conveniently capped).

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I'll do it between the X-Factor/Drive and IGF-2/NeoVar stacks. The gains you (hopefully) get from the Methoxy stack should be nicely consolidated by the IGF-2/NeoVar stack.

Thanks!
2) SciFit Ecdysterone 300, 60 Caps (because the product comes conveniently capped).
Looks good. I'm assuming you're gonna run this as 1 cap of each twice a day for 4 weeks. Ya know, I actually might squeeze this in right after my X-Factor cycle now...

EDIT: Do you think there is any reason to look into other Ecdy products? I've seen the efficacy of some ecdy products brought into question and was wondering if it's worth looking for one that people have found that "works" rather than just grabbing any ecdy product. I'm gonna start looking into this in the meantime...

What are your thoughts on an 8 week cycle? (just thinking out loud seeing as there are 120 cap bottles of each of those out there as well)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks good. I'm assuming you're gonna run this as 1 cap of each twice a day for 4 weeks. Ya know, I actually might squeeze this in right after my X-Factor cycle now...
I am thinking of doing between 1000mg and 1500mg Methoxy daily.

Yes, I meant after your X-Factor cycle.

EDIT: Do you think there is any reason to look into other Ecdy products? I've seen the efficacy of some ecdy products brought into question and was wondering if it's worth looking for one that people have found that "works" rather than just grabbing any ecdy product. I'm gonna start looking into this in the meantime...
Sure, you could use any other ecdysterone product you trust.

What are your thoughts on an 8 week cycle? (just thinking out loud seeing as there are 120 cap bottles of each of those out there as well)
8 weeks will be ideal.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone (Methoxyisoflavone) and 7-Isopropoxy-Isoflavone (Ipriflavone):

Has any one used any of these isoflavones? If yes, what were the results like?
i used to make a product in 2003 with methoxy, its absorbed very poorly and if I remember you need about 600mg with each protein meal and over 30g of protein when u take it,

the 2nd one is just for bone health, women use it alot.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
OK folks, here is the run down:

1000mg of Methoxy per day, in two servings
900mg of Ipriflavone per day, in three servings
With each servings, I will try to have 30+ grams of protein, and I will eat clean calories through the day.
Daily Multi Vit
I'm in the gym five times a week.
I'm 6 foot and 174 lbs.

No other supplements!! We'll see if this stuff works.....

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK folks, here is the run down:

1000mg of Methoxy per day, in two servings
900mg of Ipriflavone per day, in three servings
With each servings, I will try to have 30+ grams of protein, and I will eat clean calories through the day.
Daily Multi Vit
I'm in the gym five times a week.
I'm 6 foot and 174 lbs.

No other supplements!! We'll see if this stuff works.....
Sounds like a great plan! Go for it!

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
If thats the case, I'm going to try 1500mg :dance:

JJC

Awards
  • Established
What do you think of throwing some Testofen in there as well? NP just posted it up in bulk form...combining it with the MethoxyIsoflavone makes a poor man's Phyto-Test by Prim Perf.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you think of throwing some Testofen in there as well? NP just posted it up in bulk form...combining it with the MethoxyIsoflavone makes a poor man's Phyto-Test by Prim Perf.
Testofen may enrich the stack. Appears to have received nice reviews.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
Quick Update:

I won't bore you with great detail, as I believe brevity is a virtue on message boards :D

I've taken 1500mg of Methoxyl and 900mg of Ipriflavon in 3 dosages throughout the day with 30+ grams of protien and a really clean diet. I am in the gym 4-5 days a week. Occasionally, I will go for a run on the 5th day instead of hitting the weights. I have weighed myself everyday since I started and I am up to 177 (from 174 last Thursday).

I should note, I had a terrible diet over Xmas break. Until I started this cycle a week ago, I spent about 4 weeks cutting calories to drop the Xmas fat gains.

As far as strength goes, my squads have increased, but thats about it.

I'll keep everyone updated, but it is too early in the game to give any substantive feeback. I just thought a quick update was in order. If anyone has any suggestions to my routine, I am more than open.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick Update:

I won't bore you with great detail, as I believe brevity is a virtue on message boards :D

I've taken 1500mg of Methoxyl and 900mg of Ipriflavon in 3 dosages throughout the day with 30+ grams of protien and a really clean diet. I am in the gym 4-5 days a week. Occasionally, I will go for a run on the 5th day instead of hitting the weights. I have weighed myself everyday since I started and I am up to 177 (from 174 last Thursday).

I should note, I had a terrible diet over Xmas break. Until I started this cycle a week ago, I spent about 4 weeks cutting calories to drop the Xmas fat gains.

I'll keep everyone updated, but it is too early in the game to give any substantive feeback. I just thought a quick update was in order. If anyone has any suggestions to my routine, I am more than open.
Good update! Would be following your progress with a lot of interest. :thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick Update:

Good update! Would be following your progress with a lot of interest. :thumbsup:

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Just a heads' up-
When compared to the SciFit Ecdy *capped* version, you can Nutraplanet's version for just over half the cost ($25 for NP's 30g, and ~$45 for SciFit's 36g). SciFit's numbers were drawn from a competitors site; may be a better deal with other companies.

Nutraplanet's is a bulk powder of course, and can be pretty incovenient when trying to dose Ecdy more than 4x daily, such as if you go with it before each meal. The SciFit cost may be justified, that's up to you... just throwing this out there.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i used methoxy at 2 grams a day.i split the dosages up over 5 meals.at the time i did it i was using syntrax's,it worked great for fatloss i mean i had poity cheek bones.lol. oh yea and at that dosage i had to stop because it was killing my joints..oh and i used this a few years ago and i only noticed results when i split it up over multiple dosages