- 01-28-2008, 01:06 PM
- 01-28-2008, 01:20 PM
01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
01-28-2008, 01:30 PM
01-28-2008, 01:32 PM
01-28-2008, 02:03 PM
01-28-2008, 02:04 PM
01-28-2008, 02:19 PM
AFAIK, 5-HTP makes more serotonin if you respond well to it. I get a headache. I like tryptophan better, very relaxing.
01-28-2008, 02:23 PM
do you think this would help with social anxiety? i have been off paxil for over a year now. and all my anxiety have come back. i think the paxil was messing up my test levels
01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
5-htp isn't good to use simply because a fair amount of it will convert to serotonin in the stomach rather than the brain. This is why tryptophan is a better choice.
01-28-2008, 03:39 PM
01-28-2008, 06:57 PM
A tablespoon or two of fish oil and some Rhodiola rosea are my personal favorites.
I've had trouble with finding the right dose for tryptophan.
01-28-2008, 07:07 PM
01-28-2008, 09:14 PM
5-htp always eliminates panic attacks for me but it raises serotonin quite fast and after a few weeks I don't need it anymore. It's good to cycle but I think tryptophan would be good for more long term use. However tryptophan will break down into other things. I find it gives me energy and I can't sleep. They definitely are 2 different feelings.
ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68
01-29-2008, 07:57 AM
01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
01-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Moyer in forum SupplementsReplies: 18Last Post: 10-20-2006, 07:56 AM
- By Gmonkey in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-13-2003, 10:31 PM
- By DoctorX2k2 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-29-2003, 09:56 PM
- By Sheesh in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:05 PM
- By Sheesh in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 01-27-2003, 06:50 AM