serotoin boost

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone know of any natural supps that boost serotoin?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
L-tryptophan is a precursor to serotoin

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
AFAIK, 5-HTP makes more serotonin if you respond well to it. I get a headache. I like tryptophan better, very relaxing.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do you think this would help with social anxiety? i have been off paxil for over a year now. and all my anxiety have come back. i think the paxil was messing up my test levels

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
5-htp isn't good to use simply because a fair amount of it will convert to serotonin in the stomach rather than the brain. This is why tryptophan is a better choice.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
AFAIK, 5-HTP makes more serotonin if you respond well to it. I get a headache. I like tryptophan better, very relaxing.
most people will take 5htp in lieu of antidepressants and anti anxiety med's as a natural supplement to replace them.

you might want to try both but from my experience, most will use tryptophan it for relaxation before the reasons you stated you were looking at.

moose

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
A tablespoon or two of fish oil and some Rhodiola rosea are my personal favorites.

I've had trouble with finding the right dose for tryptophan.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
A tablespoon or two of fish oil and some Rhodiola rosea are my personal favorites.

I've had trouble with finding the right dose for tryptophan.
Tryptophan is best dosed on an empty stomach. 1.5 grams works really well for me at night an hour before bed.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
5-htp always eliminates panic attacks for me but it raises serotonin quite fast and after a few weeks I don't need it anymore. It's good to cycle but I think tryptophan would be good for more long term use. However tryptophan will break down into other things. I find it gives me energy and I can't sleep. They definitely are 2 different feelings.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
5-htp always eliminates panic attacks for me but it raises serotonin quite fast and after a few weeks I don't need it anymore. It's good to cycle but I think tryptophan would be good for more long term use. However tryptophan will break down into other things. I find it gives me energy and I can't sleep. They definitely are 2 different feelings.
5-htp also breaks down in other things, such as melatonin.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what band should i take of tryptophan?