I bought 2 cans of 5 lbs. Body Fortress Whey Protein. Its pretty good

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
Hello all: Protein prices are increasing, and i dont have a lot of money, so i went to Wal Mart and i bought 2 big 5 lbs. cans of whey protein from Body Fortress. So far i am getting the same strength as with Optimum Nutrition proteins.

warvictim

ProAnabolics

ProAnabolics

Awards
ive used body fortresses super nos pump and BCAA formula's before, good for poor college kids, and better then nothing.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i use the 6 pound bags of eas that i buy at sams club for like 27.99

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
there isn't any soy in it. its all whey.

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
Hey my friends, i've noticed that Body Fortress new whey protein is putting creatine and glutamine in there whey proteins. But the problem is that they don't say how many grams of creatine and L-glutamine does each serving of their new whey protein has.

I wrote called their customer service department, and they told me that they cannot tell me how much creatine and how much glutamine does each serving has

warvictim

It is a good product. Good deal anyway. It also has creatine and taurine in it. I never tried it but might have to sometime soon. It does contain Soy Lecithin but only trace amounts...

http://www.bodyfortress.com/images/supplementfacts/044320.pdf

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another one is vitamin shopppe. I got a 5lb tub of store branded for $25. its only 17g/protein per serving (24g scoop), but still light on carbs + fat. That works out to about 50 servings of 34g protein for $25, so 50 cents a pop. Thats no coupon or sale at that price either, so sometimes you can get it even a little better (like a b1g150%off)

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
Hi, the vanilla flavor of the Body Fortress Whey protein, tastes a little bit like coconut, but what i do is that I pour a little bit of pure vanilla in my blender, and the shake tastes a lot better like that

warvictim:dl:

I've used body fortress , it's not bad. But I use sam's club always. For that price it is unbeatable!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello all: Protein prices are increasing, and i dont have a lot of money, so i went to Wal Mart and i bought 2 big 5 lbs. cans of whey protein from Body Fortress. So far i am getting the same strength as with Optimum Nutrition proteins.

warvictim
I saw this before but overlooked it. You should not equate strength gains with powdered whey protein intake.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am using their CM now, its always a great price 5lbs for $12

ProAnabolics

ProAnabolics

Awards
really, OOOH! perhaps they changed the old formula. Awesome. Now ill go check it out.
EAS is 100% whey now, I have a bag of choc. and a bag of vanilla, it's pretty good but an awesome deal. I got mine for 23.99 a bag.

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
Hello, hey Body Fortress is putting creatine in their new whey proteins. I've noticed that lots of other whey protein brands out there don't have creatine. That is cool considering that their prices are one of the lowest of the whey protein market

warvictim

EAS is 100% whey now, I have a bag of choc. and a bag of vanilla, it's pretty good but an awesome deal. I got mine for 23.99 a bag.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
if my memory serves me right, the company who makes the protein powder for Body Fortress also makes it for Vitamine Shoppe, as well as a few other companies and have pretty good standards (better than you would think VS price) ... im going to have to go check out Sam's later this week but if i ever run out of protein i always grab me a 2lb. jug of BodyFortress. it mixes well in water too.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Another one is vitamin shopppe. I got a 5lb tub of store branded for $25. its only 17g/protein per serving (24g scoop), but still light on carbs + fat. That works out to about 50 servings of 34g protein for $25, so 50 cents a pop. Thats no coupon or sale at that price either, so sometimes you can get it even a little better (like a b1g150%off)
hows the taste? I liked body fort but my coworkeres hated it bc ithad me fartingfor hours.. and i mean big **** stinky farts..

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
taste was ok, not really spectacular. I don't mind it at all.

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
Hello, and the best part of the new improved formulas of Body-Fortress Whey Proteins is that now they are incorporating creatine and glutamine as part of their main ingredients

warvictim

if my memory serves me right, the company who makes the protein powder for Body Fortress also makes it for Vitamine Shoppe, as well as a few other companies and have pretty good standards (better than you would think VS price) ... im going to have to go check out Sam's later this week but if i ever run out of protein i always grab me a 2lb. jug of BodyFortress. it mixes well in water too.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get mine from costco, 6 lbs for 30$

EAS

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
Costco's the shiznit, I get the EAS stuff too, it has been the blend with soy but judging by the ingredient profile there is not much soy relative to whey (there's some casein too(milk protein)).

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Most likely since there not saying how much creatine and glutamine is in it, it aint much. Any amount and they can say it contains it. Trace amounts.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Last I looked at the EAS label (they had bags stacked up @ Costco), scoops held ~19g protein & ~7g carbs (but I may misremember - it might have had soy protein). At any rate, the numbers convinced me to put it back & order another tub of ON.

Maybe one o' you bros w/ a bag handy can take a look & post it?

KrazyLegs

Awards
Last I looked at the EAS label (they had bags stacked up @ Costco), scoops held ~19g protein & ~7g carbs (but I may misremember - it might have had soy protein). At any rate, the numbers convinced me to put it back & order another tub of ON.

Maybe one o' you bros w/ a bag handy can take a look & post it?
One scoop of the EAS (30g) gives you 23g of protein and only 3g of carbs.

WeakPoint

WeakPoint

Awards
  • Established
Wondering if the EAS brand protein is really thick? I wouldn't mind adding in maybe half a cup of oats in there for some carbs but if its thick as it is then I won't. Definitely buying from costco next time though!

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
Hello, the vanilla flavor of the Body-Fortress Whey Protein brand, tastes a little bit like coconut, so you might wanna add a good quality vanilla flavor to your shake so that it tastes like real vanilla ice cream flavor.

I am looking to see if there is a whey protein brand out there that makes Birthday Cake flavor, you know like the birthday cake ice cream flavor

warvictim

Wondering if the EAS brand protein is really thick? I wouldn't mind adding in maybe half a cup of oats in there for some carbs but if its thick as it is then I won't. Definitely buying from costco next time though!

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
Hello again, But i swear that Body-Fortress Vanilla flavor tastes a lot better than Optimum Nutrition's Vanilla Ice cream flavor

warvictim

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
so the flavor isnt bad for a cheap walmart protein? im fussy on taste but it sounds like u guys say it isnt too bad.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
It's not overly thick. I always use 2 scoops with 8 oz and it still mixes great.

Elias

Elias

Awards
Usually the better a protein tastes the worst it is for you.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I just started adding this in with my ON. Since good whey products like ON are really expensive I only take it after a workout when I feel I need the best I have.

This BF stuff is pretty good actualy! I take it in the morning and at lunch with my other foods at the time so I don't have to waste my ON and this stuff is pretty great, going to make it a staple with my ON now.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
after having now tried All the whey's flavoring systems, i'm just buying their chocolate for my 5lb choice from now on. its well worth the extra $4 for 5lbs

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
after having now tried All the whey's flavoring systems, i'm just buying their chocolate for my 5lb choice from now on. its well worth the extra $4 for 5lbs
Haha it's that good?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think you end up with more protein than the vitamin shoppe, and its much more of a dutch chocolate than the EAS one from sams.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Hmm might have to give this a whirl sometime. They got some nice looking flavors :D