Pharma GABA - AnabolicMinds.com

Pharma GABA

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Pharma GABA

A gaba that finally crosses the b/b barrier? Stronger then L-theanine? Anyone try this stuff?

MOD edit: no outside links please.
    “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?

2. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw;
    A gaba that finally crosses the b/b barrier? Stronger then L-theanine? Anyone try this stuff?

I am not sure you are allowed to link external product sites.
    Last edited by strategicmove; 01-26-2008 at 09:43 AM.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    A gaba that finally crosses the b/b barrier?
    Isn't that phenibut? Or is phenibut technically not gaba anymore?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Sorry didn't know I couldn't use a external link. Here's a quote from one site. You can also just search for it for info.

"GABA, Gamma Aminobutyric Acid, is a kind of amino acids that exists broadly in nature and is also a neurotransmitter in brain and spinal cord of animals. We produce highly concentrated GABA at industrial scale by lactobacillus-fermentation from glutamic acid."

"made PharmaGABA™ which is a highly concentrated bioactive form of GABA that has been shown to cross the blood brain barrier. Many brands use the synthetic form of GABA that is sometimes referred to as "naturally occurring L-form" which, has not been demonstrated to cross the blood brain barrier even at high doses of 800 mg or more."

Phenibut is gaba combined with a phenyl ring. However tolerance is the big issue with phenibut. It builds very fast and It's affects diminish.
    “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

l-theanine

what does l-theanine do and what is it used for?
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by srx600 View Post
    Theanine is an amino acid commonly found in tea. Theanine is related to glutamine, and can cross the blood-brain barrier. Because it can enter the brain, theanine has psychoactive properties. Theanine has been shown to reduce mental and physical stress and may produce feelings of relaxation. Theanine produces these effects by increasing the level of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) production.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

stress

Ok I want to calm myself down during the day because I often get some anxiety, etc. Natrol makes these supplements and they carry them at Rite Aid or CVS. They are: Theonine, 5HTP, GABA, and Kava Kava. All are about $20 a bottle so I just want to buy one....the best one. Please help me out.
  8. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by srx600;
    heebs10 has provided a good summary. If you want more details, it might help to see the following thread here on AM:

GABA and L-Theanine
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  9. New Member

tried natural factor's l-theanine a while ago and got weird stomach pains for some reason. perhaps it was a bad batch.
  10. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mo250;
    tried natural factor's l-theanine a while ago and got weird stomach pains for some reason. perhaps it was a bad batch.
    Most likely. L-Theanine usually does not produce such results!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by srx600 View Post
    Ok I want to calm myself down during the day because I often get some anxiety, etc. Natrol makes these supplements and they carry them at Rite Aid or CVS. They are: Theonine, 5HTP, GABA, and Kava Kava. All are about $20 a bottle so I just want to buy one....the best one. Please help me out.
    5-htp does wonders. Serotonin also regulates gaba.. so it has 2 positive effects. I would give that a try first. 50-100mg 3x a day. I currently take theanine 200mg 3x a day and 100mg 5-htp 3x a day.

I'm going over to the vitamin shoppe today and see if I can get a hold of this pharma gaba from natural factors. It's suppost to be 2.5x stronger then theanine. We'll see.

12. Senior Member

5-htp does wonders. Serotonin also regulates gaba.. so it has 2 positive effects. I would give that a try first. 50-100mg 3x a day. I currently take theanine 200mg 3x a day and 100mg 5-htp 3x a day.

I'm going over to the vitamin shoppe today and see if I can get a hold of this pharma gaba from natural factors. It's suppost to be 2.5x stronger then theanine. We'll see.
    your saying pharmaGABA is actually supposed to cross the BB and is not just a bunch of bull? let us know how the pharma GABA is if you try it then.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

gaba

Let us know about the GABA. How does 5htp work compared to l theonine? I ended up buying the 5htp and will try it tomorrow.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    your saying pharmaGABA is actually supposed to cross the BB and is not just a bunch of bull? let us know how the pharma GABA is if you try it then.
    Tried 2 tabs of PharmaGABA last nite (picked up from vitaminshoppe)... didn't seem any different then regular GABA to me (ie. didn't do much at all). Maybe need to up the dose?

BTW, 5-HTP works for some, but gives me a headache and mild nausea. I prefer Tryptophan which converts to 5-HTP/Serotonin. I have no clue why I respond differently.
  15. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    Tried 2 tabs of PharmaGABA last nite (picked up from vitaminshoppe)... didn't seem any different then regular GABA to me (ie. didn't do much at all). Maybe need to up the dose?

BTW, 5-HTP works for some, but gives me a headache and mild nausea. I prefer Tryptophan which converts to 5-HTP/Serotonin. I have no clue why I respond differently.
    didnt think it would be much different then regular GABA. thanks for the info
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    That is the claims..Went to the vitamin shoppe but they didn't have any in stock.. Gonna check later this week again.

17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post

Yeah.. wierd.. Guess that's why individual reviews can never be too accurate. Tryptophan powder or capsules gives me a lot of energy and I can't sleep. 5-htp stops panic attacks, puts me in a better mood and helps me sleep easy. This is the first time i've been combining theanine with 5-htp. Supposively theanine blocks the absorption of 5-thp. Haven't noticed that yet.

18. New Member

MOD edit: no outside links please.
    Its made from bacteria, but molecules are molecules regardless of their origin - unless they add something to it to enhance absorption, pHarma GABA is GABA.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

I was able to get a bottle of this stuff from a health food store. I am pretty pleased with it. I got the chewables. Today I was pretty stressed so I dosed 200mg of theanine 3x before I took these chewables. I felt the theanine calm me down a little but not untill I took 2 chewables of this pharma gaba did I notice a big head change. I was totally relaxed tonight. Almost too relaxed. I was also in a great mood. A little giggly actually when it kicked in. Gotta love some extra GABA! I'm pretty positive it was the synergistic effects that did it to me however.. So Tommorrow I'm going to dose these chewables by themselves. Will post more results!

20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Well.. Looks like I overdosed! Last night as I went to bed I noticed I felt alert.. Not ready for bed. Well I did fall asleep but woke up about a half hour later to tingly feelings.. a strong mental surge of confidence and then a strong sexual surge. I could not fall back asleep for anything. There was mild euphoria for about a 30-45minutes. Somewhere in the middle of the night I noticed my anxiety was creeping up. I woke up in that fight or flight response and big time anxiety. The euphoria felt similar to the first time I tried phenibut but I did not get this nasty anxiety withdrawal effect in the morning! This was real bad.. Looks like those combinations worked too good! The problem was it all kicked in as I was going to bed without warning. Be careful with high amounts of these combinations! Today has not been a pleasant day at all. I'm gonna just dose 2 chewables of this pharma gaba the next couple days and see what happens.

21. New Member

Well.. Looks like I overdosed! Last night as I went to bed I noticed I felt alert.. Not ready for bed. Well I did fall asleep but woke up about a half hour later to tingly feelings.. a strong mental surge of confidence and then a strong sexual surge. I could not fall back asleep for anything. There was mild euphoria for about a 30-45minutes. Somewhere in the middle of the night I noticed my anxiety was creeping up. I woke up in that fight or flight response and big time anxiety. The euphoria felt similar to the first time I tried phenibut but I did not get this nasty anxiety withdrawal effect in the morning! This was real bad.. Looks like those combinations worked too good! The problem was it all kicked in as I was going to bed without warning. Be careful with high amounts of these combinations! Today has not been a pleasant day at all. I'm gonna just dose 2 chewables of this pharma gaba the next couple days and see what happens.
    Flaw- any update? you think pharmaGABA is different than regular GABA? Keep us posted!
  22. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    Flaw- any update? you think pharmaGABA is different than regular GABA? Keep us posted!
    Its just phenibut...or pheyl-gaba
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.

Screwing with GABA will almost always result in down-regulation which will require more and more medication. And, of course, eventually you cant keep chasing the dragon and you'll be in a worse situation than you were in before.

Is that correct strategicmove?
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by quigs View Post
    Its just phenibut...or pheyl-gaba
    No it's not phenibut. Pharm Gaba is highly concentrated GABA at industrial scale by lactobacillus-fermentation from glutamic acid.

To post on my experiences with it.. Yes it's stronger then regular gaba. It works much better but the price vs effectiveness it's not worth it. It's expensive. I would use L-theanine. However pharma gaba combined it with l-theanine creates a strong effect... similar to that of phenibut.

25. Professional Member

GABA is not addictive. It does build tolerance in the body. Best bet is 2 on 2 off, or 4/3 something like that. GABA cant and wont cross the BB barrier. Its going to take alot of know how to do that.
    It up regulates GH production so best taken at nioght to keep the hormones in order as is.
    I would take L-Theanine during the day.

I used to take 5HTP but after awhile i cam eoff and i noticed depression/poor moods, negative attitude, crelessness.

GABA has never given me issues
    L Theanine was great to me too.

I dont know how but i doubt this crosses the BB barrier, it would have been a huge deal, especially around here.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by krazy View Post
    Screwing with GABA will almost always result in down-regulation which will require more and more medication. And, of course, eventually you cant keep chasing the dragon and you'll be in a worse situation than you were in before.

Is that correct strategicmove?
    That's what i've come to realize.. I been using gaba products for years.. so recently I stopped trying to down regulate my system and up- regulate it. The only gabagenic substance that's claimed to do that is kava. I take kava powder every weekend and use it as a substitute for alcohol. I do 40-50 grams a week. I'm out at the bars again without even touching alcohol and it don't bother me either. It takes away any alcohol cravings. I been alcohol free since september. Longest I've stayed away from alcohol since I was 16! And with kava I feel the effects get stronger each time so I have to take less and less.. Not more and more like every other substance. There is no tolerance build up. I am much more sociable and experiencing the effects I want from increased gaba that I no longer was getting or taking ridiculous amounts of phenibut to feel this way. Kava is mild.. but all the sudden your out on the dance floor and talking to girls. It works better then you think.. cause at the end of the night you always seem to have fun. It's like taking BCAA's before a workout.. You don't necessarily feel massively stronger but at the end you realized you had a great workout! I have been noticing my mood is more stable and up threw out the week as well. So far I am sold on this kava! It's been a few months now.

27. New Member

I've tried kava several times from different sources with little to no effect. I wish it worked for me, but it doesn't.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.

That PharmaGABA is a marketing scam. Regular GABA CANNOT cross the BBB. And as for an extract of GABA that can cross - it's been out forever - Phenibut. Phenibut = GABA that crosses BB - it ROCKS.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel35 View Post
    I've tried kava several times from different sources with little to no effect. I wish it worked for me, but it doesn't.
    That's cause you haven't got the right stuff I used to think it didn't work either.. Then I went to a kava bar in boca raton, fl. Had 2 double shots of this kava called tonga. My face felt numb and I was dizzy for about a half hour. Then after that I felt super relaxed and picked up a book at the bar and started reading haha. Then I had 2 more shots and really just chilled out there. The cool thing about kava is there is no tolerance effect. You feel it the same or more everytime. Supposedly the more your body experienced the kavalactones the more you will feel it each time you try it. I been using it for little over 2 months now and I get a strong buzz around 8-10 shots. It feels like 6-7 beers. More then 10 shots and I feel a little drunk. Here's where you get the good stuff!

Drink kava and be happy! Enjoy our fresh kava kava root. We carry fresh ground Vanuatu kava, Papua New Guinea kava, and Hawaiian kava.

30. Senior Member

No it's not phenibut. Pharm Gaba is highly concentrated GABA at industrial scale by lactobacillus-fermentation from glutamic acid.

To post on my experiences with it.. Yes it's stronger then regular gaba. It works much better but the price vs effectiveness it's not worth it. It's expensive. I would use L-theanine. However pharma gaba combined it with l-theanine creates a strong effect... similar to that of phenibut.
    If its not phenibut, and its just regular GABA (no matter how fancy they make it sound) then its ability to cross the bbb will be very low. Combining it with theanine will help a bit...but I don't see it being much better than the run of the mill bulk stuff you can pick up at NP.
  31. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    That PharmaGABA is a marketing scam. Regular GABA CANNOT cross the BBB. And as for an extract of GABA that can cross - it's been out forever - Phenibut. Phenibut = GABA that crosses BB - it ROCKS.
    Agreed. It is for this very reason that drugs such as phenibut and baclofen were produced.
  32. Senior Member

That's cause you haven't got the right stuff I used to think it didn't work either.. Then I went to a kava bar in boca raton, fl. Had 2 double shots of this kava called tonga. My face felt numb and I was dizzy for about a half hour. Then after that I felt super relaxed and picked up a book at the bar and started reading haha. Then I had 2 more shots and really just chilled out there. The cool thing about kava is there is no tolerance effect. You feel it the same or more everytime. Supposedly the more your body experienced the kavalactones the more you will feel it each time you try it. I been using it for little over 2 months now and I get a strong buzz around 8-10 shots. It feels like 6-7 beers. More then 10 shots and I feel a little drunk. Here's where you get the good stuff!

Drink kava and be happy! Enjoy our fresh kava kava root. We carry fresh ground Vanuatu kava, Papua New Guinea kava, and Hawaiian kava.

I've used the bulk powder form kona kava farm and noticed very little aside from the numbness of the oral mucosa. Maybe I'll give that stuff a shot. Which product do you recommend?
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

how does PharmaGABA compare to picamillon?
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by quigs View Post
    I've used the bulk powder form kona kava farm and noticed very little aside from the numbness of the oral mucosa. Maybe I'll give that stuff a shot. Which product do you recommend?
    The fire island is mild but nice.. haven't tried the shaman but the instant powder is the way to go.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. GABA and L-Theanine
    By supersoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 06:48 AM
  2. Gaba and Melatonin
    By CDB in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 04:01 PM
  3. Axion-pharma MD1T