Fucoxanthine Feedback

skunkman

Awards
I have seen a few threads on it but not one person in them has decided to comment on its effectiveness. Has anyone used this with positive results?

Few things I have seen:

1: J Oleo Sci. 2007;56(12):615-21.Click here to read Links
Effect of medium-chain triacylglycerols on anti-obesity effect of fucoxanthin.
Maeda H, Hosokawa M, Sashima T, Funayama K, Miya****a K.

Faculty of Fisheries Sciences, Hokkaido University, Hokkaido, Japan. [email protected]

Dietary effects of medium-chain triacylglycerols (MCT) and fucoxanthin (Fc) on abdominal fat weight were determined using KK-Ay obese mouse. Experimental diet contained MCT(0.9%), Fc (0.1%), or MCT (0.9%) +Fc (0.1%). The abdominal fat weight of mice fed with Fc was significantly lower than that of mice fed with MCT. Uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1), a key molecule for metabolic thermogenesis, was clearly expressed in the white adipose tissue (WAT) of mice fed Fc, but little expression in that of the mice fed MCT. The anti-obesity effect of Fc was increased by mixing Fc with MCT. This increase

would be due to the increase in the absorption rate of Fc by MCT.

PMID: 17992001 [PubMed - in process]

Fucoxanthin and its metabolite, fucoxanthinol, suppress adipocyte differentiation in 3T3-L1 cells.
Maeda H, Hosokawa M, Sashima T, Takahashi N, Kawada T, Miya****a K.

Faculty of Fisheries Sciences, Hokkaido University, Hakodate, Hokkaido 041-8611, Japan.

Fucoxanthin is a major carotenoid found in edible seaweed such as Undaria pinnatifida and Hijikia fusiformis. We investigated the suppressive effects of fucoxanthin and its metabolite, fucoxanthinol, on the differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes to adipocytes. Fucoxanthin inhibited intercellular lipid accumulation during adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells. Furthermore, fucoxanthin was converted to fucoxanthinol in 3T3-L1 cells. Fucoxanthinol also exhibited suppressive effects on lipid accumulation and decreased glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase activity, an indicator of adipocyte differentiation. The suppressive effect of fucoxanthinol was stronger than that of fucoxanthin. In addition, in 3T3-L1 cells treated with fucoxanthin and fucoxanthinol, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma), which regulates adipogenic gene expression, was down-regulated in a dose-dependent manner. These results suggest that fucoxanthin and fucoxanthinol inhibit the adipocyte differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells through down-regulation of PPARgamma. Fucoxanthinol had stronger suppressive effects than fucoxanthin on adipocyte differentiation in 3T3-L1 cells.

PMID: 16786166 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
bump for more info. Fuco has caught my eye recently.

skunkman

Awards
It's pretty much useless at the current recommended dosages of 15mg 3x a day. (as far as I have heard) Someone was throwing the idea of mega dosing around but that could become cost prohibitive.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are some testers over at MindandMUscle.net doing some testing...I don't think results are conclusive as of yet.

IMO, it shows promise but looks weak as a standalone.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
150mg (10% active fuco) 3x per day was useless IME,I kept a log on it over on M+M.

The studies look promising but dosage would need to be much higher to see any fat loss.

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking it and recently upped the dose to 3gels 3 times a day. I have not been to the gym all month and have really been eating like sh*t all month(pizza 2-4 times a week at night and lots of other crap). I have not gained a single pound, and that is not normal for me. They must be doing something and I will use them for a up coming spring cut.

skunkman

Awards
Interesting dsade. I would like to hear your thoughts on some possibly synergistic combinations. Please tell.

skunkman

Awards
I picked it up at avant. If you know basic code you can make anybody say anything. (not that I made it up)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting dsade. I would like to hear your thoughts on some possibly synergistic combinations. Please tell.
We're looking into this, in a combination with other pretty novel ingredients, as a product that will be used in conjunction with DCP (and even still leaving room for the stim of your choice) to GREATLY amplify the effects and overall fatloss.

skunkman

Awards
I kind of assumed that you were coming out with something with this in it due to M+M. Just thought I may be able to make an effective homebrew.:]

We're looking into this, in a combination with other pretty novel ingredients, as a product that will be used in conjunction with DCP (and even still leaving room for the stim of your choice) to GREATLY amplify the effects and overall fatloss.
How about keeping DCP in stock first:rasp: