p-slin and the anabolic diet?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
So I searched, and only found one guy asking questions about using p-slin while on the anabolic diet. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it, or has any input on how it would work out, or when to use it.

Would it be usefull on carb-up days, or only if you lift on carb-up days? (I'd rather not train on carb-ups.) Would it be useful pre or post workout on non(30 gm) carb days?

Thanks for any help!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not too familiar with pre-fabricated diets. Would you mind giving me the basic breakdown please?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
The AD consists of an initial break-in period of 12 or so days of low carb(30 grams) followed by a day or two of carb loading. After that you cycle five+/- days of te low carb followed by 1-2 days carb-up. The idea is that your body switches over to burning fat for energy as opposed to sugars. The slight amount of carbs wards off ketosis. It's also refered to as the Metabolic Diet. It works really well for putting on lots of muscle while keeping fat gain at bay. It sounds completely backwards, considering you're taking in 3500 calories or more of protein and fat everyday, but you need lots of no-carb veggies(broccoli, spinach and the like, fiber isn't counted towards carb intake.).

The AD consists of an initial break-in period of 12 or so days of low carb(30 grams) followed by a day or two of carb loading. After that you cycle five+/- days of te low carb followed by 1-2 days carb-up. The idea is that your body switches over to burning fat for energy as opposed to sugars. The slight amount of carbs wards off ketosis. It's also refered to as the Metabolic Diet. It works really well for putting on lots of muscle while keeping fat gain at bay. It sounds completely backwards, considering you're taking in 3500 calories or more of protein and fat everyday, but you need lots of no-carb veggies(broccoli, spinach and the like, fiber isn't counted towards carb intake.).
Works really well in this situation and will allow for a greater muscular carb load. I would probably increase carbohydrates when carb loading with Pslin.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used both PSLIN and ANABOLIC PUMP with The Metabolic Diet(the newer version of the old 1994 Anabolic Diet). I used PSLIN just on carb ups and Anabolic Pump everyday. Anabolic Pump works great on the lower carb days and throughout because it helps you lose fat faster. I'm about to start this again and add a few more carbs on my low carb portion.

I have used both PSLIN and ANABOLIC PUMP with The Metabolic Diet(the newer version of the old 1994 Anabolic Diet). I used PSLIN just on carb ups and Anabolic Pump everyday. Anabolic Pump works great on the lower carb days and throughout because it helps you lose fat faster. I'm about to start this again and add a few more carbs on my low carb portion.
Great suggestion! And something That I have been repeating, you can get away with 20-30grams per meal with anabolic pump and force lipolysis.

Actually, I think T-bone is on to something with the AD and AP!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, T-Bone's suggestion is great.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks!. I'll take my free bottle now!...Hahaha, just kiding(sort of!). I have an order put in for more already.

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
I'd use it for the carb loads and add in PWO carbs and use it for that, too. If you're lean, 100-200g of carbs PWO with p-slin would really help make sure the carbs go where they're supposed to so you keep lean and have better workouts.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
So p-slin would be usefull on carb-load days, but not on low-carb days with no shake.

I guess what I'm asking is, is p-slin usefull in the absence of carbs?

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Yeh today is my carbup day on the AD and I'm using p-slin and AP for the first time. I notice that both p-slin and the new AP both have tannins complex (lagerstroemia speciosa). I note that USP lab reps say p-slin is good for pumps and strength pre workout, and AP more for day to day use to load carbs into muscle and "force lipolysis".

1. What is it about gymnema sylvestre (in p-slin) that is more useful for pumps and strength?

2. What is it about phellodendron that makes it more useful for day to day "force of lipolysis"? I know that many things cause lipolysis i.e. exercise, stims, and that lipolysis is not the rate limiting factor in "burning fat", rather beta oxidation is. How does the AP help with burning fat?

3. And what does the common ingredient tannins complex (lagerstroemia speciosa), actually do?

Thanks for the info.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) It is a stronger extract when it comes to Insulin modulation. It promotes a very slight, and healthy increase in serum levels of Insulin after dosage, which is why it is being seriously considered for IDDM Alternative Treatments.

2) It deactivates a lipid-binding receptor set called PPARGamma2, which blinds to blood-lipids. This prevents accumulation and hypertrophy, ultimately leading to lypolysis.

3) It is, in my opinion, the strongest glucose disposal agent out of the three. It translocated GLUT4 into the plasma membrane of the cell, making it more permeable to Glucose.

So p-slin would be usefull on carb-load days, but not on low-carb days with no shake.

I guess what I'm asking is, is p-slin usefull in the absence of carbs?
P-Slin is not usefull in the absence of carbs.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Thanks mullet, can you link me to the studies behind 1, 2, and 3?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly buddy, seek and ye shall receive. I have plastered multiple studies for each point all over. A quick search will turn it up.

:)

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Yeh I've done a bit of searchin on AM and in your subforum and looked in FAQ's. Shall I look on usplabs home forums?

razal

Awards
I do the CKD diet, pretty similar.
I bought insuleanK, I'm going to use it on carb up days, and probably my first 1-2 days after carb up.
For sure the first day for my first few meals.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
T-Bone, you said you use Anabolic Pump on the low-carb days of the AD... How do you time your doses? Ever get that hypo-feeling?

pbworldwide

Awards
low carb dite

How do i get info on a low carb dite is there a document out there i am wantin to lose fat weight and get cut up. I was thinking about trying Pslin, RPM and Drive if you have any info that would be great thanks.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-Bone, you said you use Anabolic Pump on the low-carb days of the AD... How do you time your doses? Ever get that hypo-feeling?

Yes I used Anabolic Pump on low carb days. I did 1 cap three time a day before my meals. Always made sure to save one for the last meal of the day. Never felt that hypo feeling. My new plan is to do the same thing with AP but then use PSLIN on carb ups. You can also combine PSLIN with AP on carb ups, but I really don't think that would be necessary. You are better off just taking the PSLIN on carb ups(utilizes more carbs) and the Anabolic pump on low carb days(for faster fat loss).

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, I believe I created a thread on this a few months ago...

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Hmm, I believe I created a thread on this a few months ago...
The search engine drives me crazy. You can't find half the stuff that you could use because it can't find two or three letter acronyms that we use. Like when I search for info on the anabolic diet, everyone uses AD in the titles. It's not like there's anything to be done about it, it's just frustrating.

Oh, and I'll be using P-slin on carb-ups once my next order shows up. I'll likely try it with AP at some point, too.

hotstreet

Board Supporter
Awards
Yes I used Anabolic Pump on low carb days. I did 1 cap three time a day before my meals. Always made sure to save one for the last meal of the day. Never felt that hypo feeling. My new plan is to do the same thing with AP but then use PSLIN on carb ups. You can also combine PSLIN with AP on carb ups, but I really don't think that would be necessary. You are better off just taking the PSLIN on carb ups(utilizes more carbs) and the Anabolic pump on low carb days(for faster fat loss).
Can you explain how your dosing on carb days? Is it with every meal or 3x per day or ???

Thanks

mmorgan15

Awards
my question is on carb up days which for me is only 3 times a week monday, wensday, and friday. so would I take Pslin only one time on those 3 carb up days before my workout or would I take pslin before each meal on my carb up days? in other words would I does pslin 1 time, 2 times or three times a day for monday, wensday, and friday?

mcour1226

mcour1226

Awards
1 P-slin cap 15 min before my prework out meal works very well for me.. two packets of low sugar instant oats - roughly 65 grams of carbs gave me a sick workout! Unless you are eating a crazy amount of carbs, I would only take 1 P-slin a day.. Potent stuff